• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Long termers - Lets get talking

Then scare them. This is exactly the point we were making - we need to be able to be open and honest and if a newbie reads it and is sated then they may just realize that not everything is fixed once your slim.

And your right yvessa,I'm a bit sick of reading all the "rosy red" posts at the minute.

awww blessya Emma, keep ya chin up girl, we'll get through this all together. Just had bit of a tummy episode.not had one for a while but has happened after lunch gentle pains building up asif something was traped already been to loo today, just had to go again thats what all the pain was think must have had ablockage, think it will be due to the 2 bagels I had over the last 3 days n bit bread think it has swollen up and blocked something. Allc lear now bit achey on the left side bottom of my ribs usual place. xx Thinking of ya if you need to chat pm me xx I am on face book as well as Christine Allchurch xx feel free xx

Thanks chrisa,
I really appreciate your reply..everything is getting to me, just been awful to my hubby!
I need to snap out of it

Warts & all need to be shared so no one goes into this thinking its all roses round the door magic wand time. It's fantastic how well if can work for most of us, for some its a nightmare & works to well with weight loss but eating is impossible, or for others the demons & subtle & not so subtle changes in our bodies & mind good & bad need to be shared. Ok not in a blunt way but as realistically & reassuringly as possible.

Warts & all need to be shared so no one goes into this thinking its all roses round the door magic wand time. It's fantastic how well if can work for most of us, for some its a nightmare & works to well with weight loss but eating is impossible, or for others the demons & subtle & not so subtle changes in our bodies & mind good & bad need to be shared. Ok not in a blunt way but as realistically & reassuringly as possible.

Why is it Penelope hardly any long termers aren't around?
Is it because things aren't rosy red anymore?
Reality has set in?

I think if more people told the truth without sugar coating the generalpublic would not see it as an easy fix. One of my friends last night, is a little ignorant at times, she said to me I have been watching the operation you had on the tv she said I didnt realise how dangerous it could be and how your life would change so much. She said did you know that you could have died I said yes but was I ALIVE BEFORE IT??? Her sister said why do you think we were so worried bout her when she went into hospital, n she just looked. Its only took her 17month to work that all out amazing that xx

I think if more people told the truth without sugar coating the generalpublic would not see it as an easy fix. One of my friends last night, is a little ignorant at times, she said to me I have been watching the operation you had on the tv she said I didnt realise how dangerous it could be and how your life would change so much. She said did you know that you could have died I said yes but was I ALIVE BEFORE IT??? Her sister said why do you think we were so worried bout her when she went into hospital, n she just looked. Its only took her 17month to work that all out amazing that xx

It gets on my nerves when they confuse a bypass with band etc..
I feel bad because I thought everything was wonderful when I first had the operation like many do on here.
Look at my early posts on how excited and postive I was early on.

I think we all get on with our lives, feel we shouldn't complain we've been given this fantastic chance & if things aren't going so well with the maintainence side of things we are failing & our old demons win out by making us hide from ourselves let alone others for fear of being told we told you it/you would fail. I think we set ourselves such high standards & expectations of ourselves & our surgery that to admit we are struggling is very hard even if a simple chat on here could resolve that problem or give us a chance to get some advice even from others newer to the surgery than us & help us find our focus again & remind us of the rules.

Well even though I am struggling these days I would never regret what I did and would advise bypass to anyone, i would advise never to start back on sweet things, keep it savoury, do it hwen you are young not in your 40's plus, give you a better quality of life. I would tell people things do go wrong look at Scooter bless her don't think i could have endured what she has. This weight loss is not easy and I would stress that and it cna be life threatening for some people. Some struggle to maintain after they have lost it all and keep on losing so there are 2 ends opf the scale which people need to know about. x

Well even though I am struggling these days I would never regret what I did and would advise bypass to anyone, i would advise never to start back on sweet things, keep it savoury, do it hwen you are young not in your 40's plus, give you a better quality of life. I would tell people things do go wrong look at Scooter bless her don't think i could have endured what she has. This weight loss is not easy and I would stress that and it cna be life threatening for some people. Some struggle to maintain after they have lost it all and keep on losing so there are 2 ends opf the scale which people need to know about. x

I don't regret my surgery either,if it wasn't for my bypass I'd be even bigger!
But all the research in the world cannot prepare you for life after a bypass until your actually living it.

To right girls, without surgery I'd be bigger, in more pain & struggling more & more if not potentially dead or dying because of my weight & health problems.
I don't think I ever read on here only the rosy glow view to surgery, but I think in our immediate post-op glow & haze for those whom it goes well & easily for we are in danger of forgetting just how tough it can be & how easy it is to flip the coin from happy to sad or how hard we have to fight ourselves to ensure we get & keep getting the best from our bodies & minds for as long as possible
Thank you both for making me think today.

I think I always knew I'd come to the point where it was the same as before te op and that makes me feel like its a race against time.

Its bit like having children you read advice and hear advice but not everything is straight forward and nothing goes exactly to plan every one is unique we have to remember that even on the bad days. xx Life cannot be written down as aperfect guide as there is no such thing as aperfect life, yeah some have it easier than others but it comes around does Carma xx

Afternoon ladies its good to see so many people here chatting. As you know I am so unsure of the long term and am often disheartened by the lack of somewhere to chat. I thought I had something wrong with me when I seemed to be the only one who needed help and support at this far out. It won't be long now before I hit 4 years post op and the reality is very different to what I originally thought it would be, I really need to pay attention to my food or I regain and I know my tum has stretched as it will do over time. I know this by the quantities I am able to eat, now they are by no means back to pre-op but hey could it stretch out that far...well my original tum did so yes I know it could its up to me to get this under control again.

Ladies we will struggle with our various demons and yes we will lack the incentive to keep going at times or lack the will or skill or knowledge to cope with problems. That is why we need each other to either administer some advice, tlc or a swift kick up the bum (preferably with pointed toe shoes!!).

Good luck to everyone

M

Thanks for all your replies today...

I've had a good cry now x
I think what's pushed me over the edge today is not being very well.
I've find since this op my energy could be better,
I have my b12 injections but still finding tiredness hard to deal with.
So being ill it's took it out of me x

No but you can have a soak in the bath with some candles and a early night with a film or similar. We can treat ourselves in other ways.

No but you can have a soak in the bath with some candles and a early night with a film or similar. We can treat ourselves in other ways.

U know what I'm going do that right now x
Was never a chocolate fan when I was big,more a crisp girl me.

A little bit of what you fancy does ya good as long as it stops at just a little bit. xx Do you take anti depressants or thnk you need them? I have been bit like that of late but so many things going on its only to be expected. I am being made redundant but before they told us they made life really difficult and been really awful. Best of luck, keep your head held high, you have done so well. xx

Back