• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May Surgery anyone?

How's everyone doing? Had mine on thursday and back home now, feeling ok just a little week and of course all of this is very new to me.

good luck everyone x

Welcome back home and wishing you a gentle recovery . X x

Hey May oppers, quick question, advice, I have just changed my dressings, I was banded on 21st, made me feel a little unwell, not sure if it was because of the angle I was standing or because I was trying to keep tense so as not to hurt myself (woozy), has anyone else changed their dressings yet or are you all letting them stay off if they are looking dry and healing?

thanks as always for any advice, gems x

Hi gems. I asked How often should i change them on my discharge day. Nurse tess at Sunderland told me every two days. But phone your provider if worried. Kat x x

Hi

Ive been looking into all the different options (different surgeries) I have come to the conclusion the Sleeve seems to be the best for me. Do you all mind telling me how much you are paying for your ops (not being nosey)

Thank you x

Hi All, how's everyone doing after their op? xx

well i'm back ladies!!!

was first down for op on the 21st but when I came round was kept in recovery til 6pm as no bed for me on ward. bit peeved at that as all I could hear was the bleep of machines. when on ward at last had a few wobbles. had a temperature of 39. not good. given antibiotics as they thought I had a chest infection as I crackled a bit. 7 canulars later as none worked properly I had to have a ct scan to see if all was ok inside. that was fun. not. had to be taken there in wheel chair plus drips and monitors only to be told could not be done unless all disconnected. had to wait for doc to come and do this. had to get myself on bed for ct as they are not allowed to help you. rules etc. it came back ok so I was a mystery as temperature not subsiding and had to have oxygen all the time. hence I could not go home. eventually all has worked out and apart from a suitcase full of tablets and injections I am at last home. my arms look as though I have gone twenty rounds as a boxer. but I feel quite good. tired but good.
glad to see all other may oppers are doing well. and I'm sure even at this early stage it has all been worth it. haven't weighed myself yet as I put on 5kgs in hospital so wasn't impressed with that. so did the lovely lady next to me so we said it must be their scales. or does air weigh that much.ha ha.

so back to bills and normality and best wishes to everyone who has helped me along the way.

Angela

Welcome back Angela ooh you went through it a bit. Glad you are home and well now. xx
I was also Sleeved on the 21st and I'm doing ok, actually starting to experience hunger now which is a bit of a worry. I'm having to really tune in to my new stomach and make sure I stop when I'm full.. that's still proving difficult to work out!

I've started tracking my cals on My Fitness Pal so that I can keep a check on things.

well i'm back ladies!!!

was first down for op on the 21st but when I came round was kept in recovery til 6pm as no bed for me on ward. bit peeved at that as all I could hear was the bleep of machines. when on ward at last had a few wobbles. had a temperature of 39. not good. given antibiotics as they thought I had a chest infection as I crackled a bit. 7 canulars later as none worked properly I had to have a ct scan to see if all was ok inside. that was fun. not. had to be taken there in wheel chair plus drips and monitors only to be told could not be done unless all disconnected. had to wait for doc to come and do this. had to get myself on bed for ct as they are not allowed to help you. rules etc. it came back ok so I was a mystery as temperature not subsiding and had to have oxygen all the time. hence I could not go home. eventually all has worked out and apart from a suitcase full of tablets and injections I am at last home. my arms look as though I have gone twenty rounds as a boxer. but I feel quite good. tired but good.
glad to see all other may oppers are doing well. and I'm sure even at this early stage it has all been worth it. haven't weighed myself yet as I put on 5kgs in hospital so wasn't impressed with that. so did the lovely lady next to me so we said it must be their scales. or does air weigh that much.ha ha.

so back to bills and normality and best wishes to everyone who has helped me along the way.

Angela

Glad you're back home Angela :) I had to stay in an extra night/day and had a couple of blips! Always the way when your desperate to get out of somewhere :) xx

I'm a mess tonight my knee has flared up again and I can hardly walk so despite my surgery going well I'm now held back by my knee again dammit.

I'm a mess tonight my knee has flared up again and I can hardly walk so despite my surgery going well I'm now held back by my knee again dammit.

Hope you're feeling better this morning triedeverything :) x

Hi ya, am doing okay so far, surgery went well, albeit I was a total woose on the day but hey, am back at work, just trying to mentally learn how to eat again!

gems x

Back at work already? Are you not still on the sick? I got a 4 week sick note! :-/

Hi all! How did all the 21sters do?xx

Hi there Annemieke,

How are you doing? Well one week on since had the op. Lost 7 kg need to update my ticker thing again. Doing ok. Found some things puree better than others. Had the home made veg soup with the 1oz of puree ham today. tasted ok. Looked like cat sick ! ewww. sorry if too graphic but it was really not a good look. soup was fine puree it was when I added the ham it really did not look good.
I find my energy does not last. Anyone else finding that? I have to rest up after each little thing. I have just made dinner and put it in the slow cooker and now I could really have an afternoon nap!
Take care all.
kat
xx

Yes I'm tired too- I'm on liquids 'til next week- I don't start puréed food until week 3. I lost 4.6 kg this week which is nearly 11lbs so pretty chuffed with that! X

Hi there Annemieke,

How are you doing? Well one week on since had the op. Lost 7 kg need to update my ticker thing again. Doing ok. Found some things puree better than others. Had the home made veg soup with the 1oz of puree ham today. tasted ok. Looked like cat sick ! ewww. sorry if too graphic but it was really not a good look. soup was fine puree it was when I added the ham it really did not look good.
I find my energy does not last. Anyone else finding that? I have to rest up after each little thing. I have just made dinner and put it in the slow cooker and now I could really have an afternoon nap!
Take care all.
kat
xx

Wow, that sounds amazing! What op did you have again?

I had to make the decision to cancel my op, and fly to my family to see nana. Had to leave my girls at home with hubby though :-(
So I flew late Friday night, got there just in time at midnight, nana was only able to communicate by squeezing hands, and after I left at 2am on sat, she slipped into a coma and didn't communicate at all. She passed away Sunday late afternoon, I came back to uk on wednesday, as I couldn't stay for funeral, m girls needed me, they kept crying and asking when I would be coming home, heartbreaking!
I'm glad that I've managed to say goodbye to her, she was an amazing lady, she was 93. Have to admit I'm finding it hard to come to terms with, as well as the stress and disappointment of canceling my op, and due to hubbys work, I'm not able to have my op done until July 21 :-(

I had to make the decision to cancel my op, and fly to my family to see nana. Had to leave my girls at home with hubby though :-(
So I flew late Friday night, got there just in time at midnight, nana was only able to communicate by squeezing hands, and after I left at 2am on sat, she slipped into a coma and didn't communicate at all. She passed away Sunday late afternoon, I came back to uk on wednesday, as I couldn't stay for funeral, m girls needed me, they kept crying and asking when I would be coming home, heartbreaking!
I'm glad that I've managed to say goodbye to her, she was an amazing lady, she was 93. Have to admit I'm finding it hard to come to terms with, as well as the stress and disappointment of canceling my op, and due to hubbys work, I'm not able to have my op done until July 21 :-(

Sorry to hear that, losing someone you love is very hard but at least you got to say goodbye and that's what matters. You have a revised date so that's good and will give you time to mentally prepare for this process again. All the best to you.

Thanks Hun. I'm finding it difficult to think of it in a positive way at the moment,tbh. All I'm thinking at the moment, is I have to be fat for another 2 months

Aw Annemieke. Really very sorry for the loss of your nana, sending you a Huge hug x x . July 21st will be here in a blink of an eye hon. I had gastric bypass at Sunderland royal hospital on the nhs. Been home a week now letting my head catch up that my tummy did not want my husbands dinner;) x x

Back