• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May Surgery anyone?

Aw Annemieke,
So sorry to read about your gran. Thoughts are with you and as you are going private I am sure they will accomodate your wish delay surgery if you so wish. Only you can decide which is best for you hon. xxxx
hugs xx
Kat
xxx

Sorry about your gran love,

I think you should go ahead especially as your in another country,
Or ask yourself what would you gran want you to do / tell you to do,

Whatever you decide I'm sure it will be for the right reasons, chin up Hun,

Xxx

Packing my case today! Being admitted to hospital this evening and first on the list for Sleeve surgery tomorrow. Here's to a smooth journey! Good luck to all May sleevers.

Packing my case today! Being admitted to hospital this evening and first on the list for Sleeve surgery tomorrow. Here's to a smooth journey! Good luck to all May sleevers.

Good luck triedeverything :) xx

And good luck for Friday Sleeve Girl! I hope to be home then and will look out for your updates, I hope we can help each other along the way! x

And good luck for Friday Sleeve Girl! I hope to be home then and will look out for your updates, I hope we can help each other along the way! x

Thank you hun! Do you know what time your op is? Definitely! I'll be updating as soon as I can - in the hospital if possible :) xx

I've just been told I'm first on the list tomorrow so I'm not really sure what time I'll go down for surgery.. I have to walk to surgery down 2 floors in my dressing gown lol.

I'm glad I'm first, don't like waiting around, it's bad enough that I'll be in the hospital tonight but at least I will be where I need to be and no stressing about being late. I won't have anyone with me though as hubby has to get back for our kids.

I've just been told I'm first on the list tomorrow so I'm not really sure what time I'll go down for surgery.. I have to walk to surgery down 2 floors in my dressing gown lol.

I'm glad I'm first, don't like waiting around, it's bad enough that I'll be in the hospital tonight but at least I will be where I need to be and no stressing about being late. I won't have anyone with me though as hubby has to get back for our kids.

First on the list is definitely the best :) Lol - hope you got a nice dressing gown :)

Can't wait to hear how you get on xxx

It's a very exciting time... I'm Saturday so getting giddy now. Flying to Prague tomorrow.

Good luck everyone that is having this week.
xx

It's a very exciting time... I'm Saturday so getting giddy now. Flying to Prague tomorrow.

Good luck everyone that is having this week.
xx

Whoop whoop!!!! :) :) :) xxxx

Good luck triedeverthing xxx

Hi Kimboski! Good to hear you are done and dusted and that so far no problems

I'm now 5 days post-op and feeling better every day.. today is the first day I have not stayed in bed, I've been up and out for a walk (gently) and now home resting and sipping! Keeping the fluids up is a constant struggle do you find? Non sleevers just don't get how much harder it is to drink now but I'm doing my best. It's good to re-assure you that every day gets better and better! Good luck in your recovery.

Good for you TE, glad you're feeling better and up and about :)
My phsio saw me on the day after my op and said if I could walk 8 times round the wards (1 mile apparently) with no pain she'd sign me off. Very lucky in that I managed to do it over the course of the day.
Yoou're right about the water intake; I never realised how hard it was to keep it up - I seem to be forever going backwards and forwards to the kitchen to get a drink haha. all good excercise I guess :)
Hope you keep feeling better and better x

Hey May oppers, quick question, advice, I have just changed my dressings, I was banded on 21st, made me feel a little unwell, not sure if it was because of the angle I was standing or because I was trying to keep tense so as not to hurt myself (woozy), has anyone else changed their dressings yet or are you all letting them stay off if they are looking dry and healing?

thanks as always for any advice, gems x

Hiya gems, my hubby changed mine tonight. And I was done on the 21 st. And I asked him how long he reckons for them to be healed. To go without the plasters. He said about 4 days. But if you unsure see your duty nurse to be safe x

Sorry cant help with the dressing advice. I was glued so did not have any dressings. I do have 5 scars, the biggest is quite hard and uneven. I've read the pros and cons of bio oil. Has anyone any other advice or tips on what to do with this scar. I was banded 10 days ago.

I had op on May 7th and took off my dressings on the 11th after taking a shower. Wet dressings are not to be left on so I just took them off and didn't replace them at all since all my scar looked clean and dry.
I saw surgeon on the 14th and he was very happy to see the wounds undressed.

Back