• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Maybe some good news....

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
Today, I heard back from PALS at my PCT. The lady there has been helping me for months now lol.

She contacted the commissioners who choose the criteria and they said though SBPCT was due to change it's criteria this month, it has not happened and will remain following Nice Guidelines until then.

She said that as my surgeon is apPlying directly to them, they will make a decision based on their criteria.

This has made me breathe a big sigh of relief for now, because it means there still is hope.

Thanks for all the support everyone :)

Last edited:
good news fuffs love wont be long now good luck hunny. x x x x x you have done sooo well on loosing weight on your own also. x x

Thank you very much :) got to keep trying x

oh fuffs!!! im so pleased for you yayyy :) xxx mwah!! :D

That is brilliant, honey ... i am sooo happy for you :):) Lets hope they get their fingers out quickly, lol then your bod will match your lovely face, lol xxx :):)

Will add you to my little list and keep it all crossed it goes well for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you so much ladies :) I really do hope that she has got it right. Means so much to me. This journey means so much to us all. Nice to be able to feel a bit more hopeful.

Twinkle: Can't wait for my body to match my face lol

Shona: Thank you for adding me to your list.

Caren: Hopefully we will both get there soon!!! We have worked hard enough for it (((hugs))) xxx

Fingers crossed hun and good luck xxx

Excellent news
Betcha glad you didn't cancel the appointment to see the surgeon now :rolleyes: :D
:fingerscrossed: got them crossed for you hun:fingerscrossed:

Thank you all. It is great aslong as the lady at PALS has got it right :)

I am glad I went to the appt Lorna lol....Would have been a big mistake not to have gone x

That sounds really positive Fuffs! everything crossed for you xxx

Fuffs - as with everyone else - everything is crossed for you. I'm sure you'll have good news soon, and we will be delighted to celebrate it with you.

Thank you so much girlies!! Everyone on this site is awesome. Invaluable on this journey.

I cannot wait to celebrate either (trying not to think it will be anything otherwise lol)

That is so cool.. I think that you are going to be ahead of me.. or maybe we will share a ward!! Lets see.. will keep you informed, hope you let me know as well as soon as you have some news. xx

Rooting for you Fuffs...you have done so well on your own; how dare they even think of saying no!

I really hope it all goes well for you. I have followed your commentary on your struggles and you have really persevered. Fingers crossed for some positive news from the bariatric powers that be.

It certainly does feel like they are the bariatric powers that be lol....I hate having no control over it lol

I also think how dare they say no, Yvessa lol. I am most offended at the thought lol

Minoot....I hope we are around the same time (I hope I get any time lol) The next Heartlands support group is 16th November. If I get the go ahead, I will be there. Been once before and it is lovely :)

Back