• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mike's Gastric Bypass journey

When to my bariatric team appointment this morning and I was Down 14 lbs from last visit May 13 they were very happy . I got my itinerary of all my appointments today I am so excited now that something will be happening almost every week now . I am sure time will move quicker now August 13 will be here before I know it .
It's such a happy day I hope everyone else has a happy day too !

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Well done, thats a fantastic loss

Thank-you Robina I have been trying real hard , I think I got this pre-op diet stuff down pretty good . Sometimes it's hard watching other people eat and remembering good things tasted . I am getting use to and liking my new foods like ( Greek yogurt ) and amounts I can eat everyday .

I got my mother-in-law home yesterday now I can get back to my normal life . It was a very long five weeks having her here waiting on her hand and foot . Don't get me wrong I love her very much it's just her like things just her way . I have 47 days until surgery I can't wait . I feel great and have started working out a little it's been hard I just got off oxygen during the day time about 3 weeks ago so I think I am doing good . I hope everyone has a fantastic day !

Only 45 more days until surgery not that I am counting or anything . Time is going by pretty fast but haven't thought once that this wasn't for me . I am so ready for the change and regain my health and play with my grandkids . I think the only other thing I think about so much is vacation coming up in October . Everyone have a great day and hope everything goes your way .

Up early this morning couldn't sleep worrying about my mother-in-law she has been forgetting a lot of things . Will write more later going to try and go back to sleep .

Oh bless you. I hope shes ok

Thanks Robina she is 80 and has been going down hill quickly . My wife is beside herself worrying about her mother and I try my best to comfort her but it seems like I can't find all the right words . I have told her she can stay with us and I could watch her since I don't work ( disabled ) . My wife still get to crying and I feel bad I think this is not going to have a happy ending . Its making it tough to keep focused on my surgery coming up August . It dose make me feel better just writing it down . Again thanks for reading my post and adding your words of comfort .

Dementia is a hard one for sure. My mother developed alzhimers in her 40's and yes the worry and the grief will get to your wife. All you can do is be there for her to guide her through

Very good morning got cleared by my cardiac doctor yesterday one down and five to go . Going to get one of my cars inspected today at 8:30 AM it will pass easy . Today is a cleaning day and laundry day will keep me busy all day ( that's a good thing ) . Robina sorry to hear about your mom I know you can relate to my situation it's hard to deal with .
Only a few more weeks until surgery I am getting back to being excited again trying to keep my surgery for most in my mind . Everyone have a the best day possible .

Yay one down 4 to go. Surgery day will be here before you know it

Another busy day today rearranging my room ( formally one of my boys room )to set-up exercising equipment . This will be a all day project but that's ok it will save me time and money instead of going to a gym . I have to take my wife's car to get inspected this morning then we will be set for another year .
Robina I hope things are going better for you today you definitely deserve a break . I hope everyone has a great day !!

Good morning everyone ,
It's going to be a great day my wife is off so means running around shopping and maybe see a new movie . Down another pound at weigh in today . Down 44 lbs from my highest weight of 360 lbs last October 2014 . I cannot wait until surgery to kick into high gear and get healthy again and get off of some of my 19 different medications I take daily not including my oxygen and Cpap machine . From all I have read on posts and talking to my PC doctor and my surgeon I will be able to cut them at least down to 8 meds. Sounds too good to be true I have my fingers crossed . Everybody have a fantastic day !!

Well done thats a great pre surgery loss. Getting rid of meds is great

Good morning everyone , It's going to be a great day my wife is off so means running around shopping and maybe see a new movie . Down another pound at weigh in today . Down 44 lbs from my highest weight of 360 lbs last October 2014 . I cannot wait until surgery to kick into high gear and get healthy again and get off of some of my 19 different medications I take daily not including my oxygen and Cpap machine . From all I have read on posts and talking to my PC doctor and my surgeon I will be able to cut them at least down to 8 meds. Sounds too good to be true I have my fingers crossed . Everybody have a fantastic day !! Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

You are doing fantastically well with your pre-op diet Mike. I am sure you will get your wish with the medication and all that hard work will pay off.

Take care and have a wonderful day yourself. X

Thank-you Chrissy I know I will make it with all your guys help on this site it really makes a differences . Got up early around 2:00 AM that's about a hour earlier than normal but feel great . Did a lot of walking yesterday with my wife shopping I remember when I was younger you couldn't get me to go shopping now I look forward to it . My boys family's are with there in- law this holiday ( July 4 / Independents day ) so it will be just the wife and my mother-in-law . We will go out for lunch and relax today . Everyone from the states have a safe 4th and everyone from around the world have a fantastic weekend .

Thank-you Chrissy I know I will make it with all your guys help on this site it really makes a differences . Got up early around 2:00 AM that's about a hour earlier than normal but feel great . Did a lot of walking yesterday with my wife shopping I remember when I was younger you couldn't get me to go shopping now I look forward to it . My boys family's are with there in- law this holiday ( July 4 / Independents day ) so it will be just the wife and my mother-in-law . We will go out for lunch and relax today . Everyone from the states have a safe 4th and everyone from around the world have a fantastic weekend . Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

How could I forget "Happy Independence Day" :D

Woke up early again about 1:00 am getting impatient I guess about surgery . I try to stay busy all day doing stuff to kill time but some days just move slow . I am losing weight on my pre-op diet and that makes me happy but can't wait for surgery to start to really losing weight and get healthy . My oldest boy is taking his family to Disney World Monday and be gone for 8 days . I wish I could go but even if I was invited I wouldn't be able to because of my size and trying to fit in a airplane seat that makes me sad and MAD . I can't believe I let myself get in this shape until the last few years I though I had only gain a few pounds and was no big deal until I started getting very unhealthy . I ended up with sleep apnea , diabetes , high blood pressure , high cholesterol , depression , COPD , CHF , 2 heart attacks and overall sick most of the time . I was just in the hospital in May with ammonia and flare up of acute COPD . Sorry to go on like this it just a reminder to me that I have to have surgery to gain my health back .
Everyone have a great day !

Woke up early again about 1:00 am getting impatient I guess about surgery . I try to stay busy all day doing stuff to kill time but some days just move slow . I am losing weight on my pre-op diet and that makes me happy but can't wait for surgery to start to really losing weight and get healthy . My oldest boy is taking his family to Disney World Monday and be gone for 8 days . I wish I could go but even if I was invited I wouldn't be able to because of my size and trying to fit in a airplane seat that makes me sad and MAD . I can't believe I let myself get in this shape until the last few years I though I had only gain a few pounds and was no big deal until I started getting very unhealthy . I ended up with sleep apnea , diabetes , high blood pressure , high cholesterol , depression , COPD , CHF , 2 heart attacks and overall sick most of the time . I was just in the hospital in May with ammonia and flare up of acute COPD . Sorry to go on like this it just a reminder to me that I have to have surgery to gain my health back . Everyone have a great day ! Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

God morning Mike 1:00 is more like insomnia than waking early.. Hope you get enough sleep overall. Sleep helps you to keep fit for surgery.

It wont be long now before you are on the losers bench. Keep the good work x

It's almost there Mike. Like Wedgie said, sleep well and get your strengths up for the operation. Maybe increase your walks by going for more shopping ;)
Pedometer is a good tool to count steps. You can download a free app on your phone. Anyway...You will need new smaller size outfit soon, start selecting your future shirts and trousers.
All the best to you.

Back