• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mike's Gastric Bypass journey

Everything went good yesterday at my next to last doctors appointments just one left . My sugar was excellent for the first time in over 15 yrs and that just on the pre-op diet . I am stating to think that maybe I will be able to get off all diabetic medications . I am going to pick-up my vitamins and minerals supplements they told me I need after surgery today . Everyone have a great day .

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Fabulous that your blood sugars are sitting at normal now, will be interesting to see what surgery does for you too

Not long to go now :) are you stocked up ready for the weeks afterwards?

I think so Robina I bought a 3 month supply of all my vitamins and minerals supplements it cost me $ 22.00 . Works out to about $ 7.00 a month not bad I thought it was going to cost me a lot more . So excited now that the wife is going to weight watchers everything seems ok now . Thanks

Good morning ! Nothing much going on today just going to do some walking in the park with my granddaughter . A nice peaceful day ! Everyone have a great day !

Good morning babysitting today I have two of my granddaughters both are little angels and such a joy to have around . Everyone have a fantastic day !

Good morning today a busy day shopping with the wife . This will be the last full week of buying regular foods for me for awhile . Everyone have a good day !

Good morning another great day . One week from today I start my clear liquid diet it's only 3 days before surgery so that not to bad . Had fun shopping yesterday did a lot of walking it felt good to put some miles on my Fitbit . Everybody have a good day !

Good morning another great day . One week from today I start my clear liquid diet it's only 3 days before surgery so that not to bad . Had fun shopping yesterday did a lot of walking it felt good to put some miles on my Fitbit . Everybody have a good day ! Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Wow, hasnt time flown :). Really its not long now before you join us on the loser's bench :)

Yes Chrissy I am very excited . I am going to get a hair cut today in preparation for surgery ( clean cut and all that ) . Tomorrow I go to lung doctor then clear liquid on the 10th then surgery August 13 . I can't thank you guys enough for all your support . Everyone have a good day !

Good morning all , last doctors appointment is today pulmonary then just wait until the 13th for surgery . Everyone have a great day !

Wow times really flying for you. Hope todays appointment goes well

Good morning , doctors appointment when great yesterday . I am all done with doctors until surgery . Clear Liquid diet starts Sunday then surgery a week from Thursday .

Everyone have a great day !

Good morning , doctors appointment when great yesterday . I am all done with doctors until surgery . Clear Liquid diet starts Sunday then surgery a week from Thursday . Everyone have a great day ! Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Sounds like all systems go Mike. You have been a model for anyone on pre-op prep. Well done.

Yes Chrissy everything looks good start clear liquid Sunday . Can't wait to get surgery done and join the rest of you guys . Everybody have a great day !

Im curious what can you have on your pre op? I did the 2 week milk diet for mine which was restrictive enough but i cant think of anything but water that would be a clear fluid, im puzzled lol

Robina , here is a copy of my clear liquid diet :

image-2111284456.jpg

I know it not much . lol

15 Weeks Post-Op (Gastric Bypass)

Hi all,

Im new here, just wanted to share my amazing journey so far! I can't believe how well it has gone for me, I was 29.9Stone 18 weeks ago, I am now 19.8stone, I've lost 10 stone after my gastric bypass operation done by Mr El-Hassani (Chelsfield Hospital, Orpington)

It really has been best decision I have ever made!!!

Good morning mike, hope everything is going well with you

Good morning Robina , yes everything is going great just waiting for Thursday morning to get this show on the road . You guys were right about clear liquid diet , it's tough . You have a very nice day !

You op is this thursday? Wow the times really flown by!

Back