• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mike's Gastric Bypass journey

Had a great time with two of my granddaughters yesterday we went to McDonald's play area and watched the girls play for about 1 1/2 hrs . They never run out of energy and I get tried just watching lol . Other doctor appointment tomorrow only a few more left . I got some cleaning and Landry to do so I will write more later .

Everyone have a great day !!

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Another good day I have a doctors appointment at 6:30 AM . Not much going on except basic cleaning after appointment . Everyone have a fantastic day !!

Hope your appointment goes well Mike, not long to go now till your on the losers bench

Lynn x

Everything went very good at my doctors ( kidneys ) appointment . Everything is close to normal range again thanks to pre-op diet . Going grocery shopping this morning with the wife . Haven't been picking up to much lately mainly fruits and vegetables and chicken , fish .

Everybody have a great day !

Thats good news mike, one more appointment passed and out the way ready for surgery!

Have fun shopping

I got up nervous today I don't know why . Everything is going great I guess because I am just getting close to date . Nothing much going on today maybe a walk in the park . Everyone have a good day !

Nerves are normal, would be worried if you didnt get a little worried

I was super jazzed about the surgery but the worries kicked in a few weeks before hand and i was in bits in the days leading up to it but now 18 months on its the best thing i could have done

Just about three weeks to go until surgery . I was talking to my oldest son about the surgery and my grandchildren overheard and wondered why I was going to the hospital for . They have all have visited me in the hospital when I have been sick but didn't understand why this time because I wasn't sick . It took some explaining but I think I got though to them . It wasn't easy for my youngest granddaughter didn't want them to hurt me of coarse I told her they will not and that they will make me better . She's only 8 yrs old but is always looking out for her papa . The rest are older and I think understand that it will help me lose weight .

Everybody have a good day !!

My daughter was 8 when i had it done but 5 mentally. Worst thing was she was brought to see me straight after. I was grey in colour, on loads of machines and out of it on morphine. It would have been better to wait till the next day

Robina no one said anything about being grey . That will scare her for sure I will try not to see her for a couple of days but I don't think that will work . I want to thank you and everyone for your support and insight of what's to come .
I have another appointment today at the hospital for the endoscopy at 7:00 AM . Nothing to eat or drink since last night at 6 PM . I know it's good practice but I still get hungry I am working on it .
My wife is taking the day off to drive me back from the hospital I guess you are not allowed to drive after this test .

Everyone have a great day !!

You might not be, i wasnt expected to be but i woke in alot of pain and had to be pumped full of morphine which effected my breathing so they had to take me to critical care for a few hours and thats when she was brought in. By the time she came to see me the next day i was on a normal ward and was sat up with just the oxygen on

If you have access to a phone or other relatives visiting you then you can tell them when your feeling up to having the grandkids come in to see you

Hope the endoscopy goes well

Good morning , everything went good yesterday at hospital another appointment down . Eye doctor appointment today to see if I can still see lol . Not much else going today . Everyone have a good day !

Good morning everyone , I have another doctors appointment at 8 am for pre-admission . I have only 2 more appointments before surgery hurray ! Not much else going on today I think I will take a couple of the grandkids to the park today after my appointment they like that .

Everyone have a great day !

Good morning 19 more days until surgery I am very excited today . My youngest granddaughter is coming over today for me to watch her and that is always a fun day .
Everyone have a good day !!

Good morning everyone . Another shopping day with the wife not much else going today . Everyone enjoy there day !

Good morning , more doctors appointments Monday and Tuesday then the last one on August 4 with pulmonary doctor then surgery on the 13th . Time is flying by now I think my wife is getting worried about me losing weight and she is still overweight . We cannot afford for both of us to get the surgery her insurance doesn't cover it . I have Medicare and they will cover 80% of cost . We are saving for her to have surgery but she is starting to say things like I will lose the weight and leave her . I never gave her any reason to think this we have been happily married for almost 39 yrs . I have been trying to tell that we will get the money for her too and that I love her very much and would never leave but she is having a hard time adjusting .
She is going on weight watchers again last time she lost almost 70 lbs but like most of us she gain it back . I tried to tell her that our meals will change after my surgery and that will help with her losing weight too. Anyone have any ideals that can help me make her feel better about herself I would really appreciate it .

Good morning , more doctors appointments Monday and Tuesday then the last one on August 4 with pulmonary doctor then surgery on the 13th . Time is flying by now I think my wife is getting worried about me losing weight and she is still overweight . We cannot afford for both of us to get the surgery her insurance doesn't cover it . I have Medicare and they will cover 80% of cost . We are saving for her to have surgery but she is starting to say things like I will lose the weight and leave her . I never gave her any reason to think this we have been happily married for almost 39 yrs . I have been trying to tell that we will get the money for her too and that I love her very much and would never leave but she is having a hard time adjusting . She is going on weight watchers again last time she lost almost 70 lbs but like most of us she gain it back . I tried to tell her that our meals will change after my surgery and that will help with her losing weight too. Anyone have any ideals that can help me make her feel better about herself I would really appreciate it . Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Well Mike I would get her to read what you just wrote and shared with us all. It brought tears to my eyes. 39 years and still in love with each other. Hey thats called success.

Bless you both.

Good morning , more doctors appointments Monday and Tuesday then the last one on August 4 with pulmonary doctor then surgery on the 13th . Time is flying by now I think my wife is getting worried about me losing weight and she is still overweight . We cannot afford for both of us to get the surgery her insurance doesn't cover it . I have Medicare and they will cover 80% of cost . We are saving for her to have surgery but she is starting to say things like I will lose the weight and leave her . I never gave her any reason to think this we have been happily married for almost 39 yrs . I have been trying to tell that we will get the money for her too and that I love her very much and would never leave but she is having a hard time adjusting .
She is going on weight watchers again last time she lost almost 70 lbs but like most of us she gain it back . I tried to tell her that our meals will change after my surgery and that will help with her losing weight too. Anyone have any ideals that can help me make her feel better about herself I would really appreciate it .

All you can do is continue reassuring her and showing her with your actions that your still very much in love with her. Yes the dynamics of your relationship are likely to change as you lose weight purely because youll be able to do things for yourself that you couldnt before

Maybe find an exercise hobby once your stronger that you can do together such as hiking so your actively helping each other with your weight loss journeys and you have time for just you two as a couple

Thank-you Chrissy and Robina for your advice . I guess I don't really understand her feeling that way so I guess I should try harder to tell her how special she really is to me . I know she is a little heavy and would never say anything negative to her because she looks like the girl I married 39 yrs ago and I love her so much . I just don't want her to feel bad about me having the surgery . I know she knows that I need this to live a normal healthy life I have so many illness so I don't think that is a issue for her . Well I have to get ready for doctors appointment with the NUT. . Everyone have a good day and thanks again for your support .

Going to see my GP today then only one more appointment then surgery August 13 is just around the corner . My wife read some posts and I think she understand how much I love her . She surprised me yesterday she when to a weight watchers meeting and sign up . I am so excited for her this will make my journey much easier knowing we will both be on the same page . Thanks again Robina and Chrissy for your support .

Back