• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Joy of going through the process

Lottiewishes

Aw hunny-you are doing so well,I am glad recovery has been text book and you managed to sip water after op that sounds so positive hunny. No I haven't heard anything :( I did call but no on called back :( xxx

Bling Babe

Hi SJ, haven't heard from you for a little while, hope your recovery is still going well and your adjusting to life on the losers bench Xx

Suffolk Joy

Hi SJ, haven't heard from you for a little while, hope your recovery is still going well and your adjusting to life on the losers bench Xx

Hi there Bling Babe
I have had a slight blip this week. On a Tuesday I felt generally sick - light headed and nauseous with headache and so very tired. I spent most of the day in bed and when I did get up just felt so drained and tired. Same on Wednesday but I got up and had half a Weetabix (my little Westie gratefully eating the other half) but was sick afterwards -1st time since the op. The headache, overall feeling of nausea has continued. When I eat there is a slight pain mid -tum and I am still very tired. I did go to GP - no signs of infection but I am making sure that I am being very careful about what I eat, how I eat etc. I am losing weight - about 5lbs a week - which is okay and will weigh myself again on Monday. Off to the gym this week so sort out an exercise plan which I can start once I have had my post-op appt on 15 June.
1 week today I will be on holiday so I want to feel aok for that.
How are things for you ? I haven't heard from Sweetcheeks whose op was on Monday so I am hoping it's gone okay for her.
SJ xx

Bling Babe

Hi there Bling Babe
I have had a slight blip this week. On a Tuesday I felt generally sick - light headed and nauseous with headache and so very tired. I spent most of the day in bed and when I did get up just felt so drained and tired. Same on Wednesday but I got up and had half a Weetabix (my little Westie gratefully eating the other half) but was sick afterwards -1st time since the op. The headache, overall feeling of nausea has continued. When I eat there is a slight pain mid -tum and I am still very tired. I did go to GP - no signs of infection but I am making sure that I am being very careful about what I eat, how I eat etc. I am losing weight - about 5lbs a week - which is okay and will weigh myself again on Monday. Off to the gym this week so sort out an exercise plan which I can start once I have had my post-op appt on 15 June.
1 week today I will be on holiday so I want to feel aok for that.
How are things for you ? I haven't heard from Sweetcheeks whose op was on Monday so I am hoping it's gone okay for her.
SJ xx
Aw no I'm sorry you haven't had a good week, it must be worrying when something like that happens as it's all the unknown, I do hope you recover soon and definitely by next week, are you going abroard ? I'm ok thank you I have put on almost a kilo this week but I'm struggling to get my head around the concept that it's good, I have to put one more kilo on by 15th June, it's a very odd feeling, I've also been concerned about Sweetcheeks I do hope she is alright ? Take it nice and east SJ xxx

Bling Babe

Hi SJ, I'm just wondering if you know of any way to see if Sweetcheeks is ok, I don't want to sound like a stalker of anything but I am worried, really concerned, I'm not on Facebook, are you, if so were you "friends" ? Xx ps I also hope your feeling better than of late xxx

Suffolk Joy

Hi SJ, I'm just wondering if you know of any way to see if Sweetcheeks is ok, I don't want to sound like a stalker of anything but I am worried, really concerned, I'm not on Facebook, are you, if so were you "friends" ? Xx ps I also hope your feeling better than of late xxx

Hi Bling Babe
I am also concerned and posted a msg on her profile but had no response. I am not on Facebook but I can see if one of my friends can look her up and see if there is a post. She had her op a week ago Monday so one would hope she is at home on the road to recovery - fingers crossed.

I am feeling a bit better thank you. The incision is now dry thank goodness and I am into the final frenzy of list making, packing and sorting (house, kids and dogs!).

SJ xx

Lottiewishes

Glad your feeling a bit better and hope that you have a lovely holiday-where are you off too? Xxx

Bling Babe

Hi Bling Babe
I am also concerned and posted a msg on her profile but had no response. I am not on Facebook but I can see if one of my friends can look her up and see if there is a post. She had her op a week ago Monday so one would hope she is at home on the road to recovery - fingers crossed.

I am feeling a bit better thank you. The incision is now dry thank goodness and I am into the final frenzy of list making, packing and sorting (house, kids and dogs!).

SJ xx
What a relief it was to here from Sweetcheeks, omg I was seriously worried, hope you enjoy a lovely relaxing holiday with no post surgery hiccups XxXx

Suffolk Joy

Glad your feeling a bit better and hope that you have a lovely holiday-where are you off too? Xxx

Hi Lottie
I am off to Cyprus for a couple of weeks staying in Peyia, a village up in the hill above Coral Bay. Last year my 2 best friends and I were very fortunate to hire a villa for a week that is perfect. So we decided this should become an annual trip -instead of exchanging birthday and Christmas gifts we would give ourselves a whole week of time with each other.
This year I am off to the same villa for first week with hubby -then waving him goodbye at the end of week as my friends arrive for our week. Absolute bliss! It's my first 2 week holiday for five years and so looking forward to it.
SJ xx

Lottiewishes

Wow hunny have an amazing time hunny. It sounds lovely.

Take care hunny. Looking forward to hearing about your hols when you get back hunny. Xxx

Lottiewishes

Wow hunny have an amazing time hunny. It sounds lovely.

Take care hunny. Looking forward to hearing about your hols when you get back hunny. Xxx

Lottiewishes

I've got in a muddle with weeks. Nit to sure if you are still away. Think you are hope you are having a good time. Make sure you bring the sunshine back with you-I am liking this Warmer weather xxxx

Bling Babe

Hiya SJ are you alright ? How did you get on ? can I ask how long after your final dietician appointment did you go to your MDT ? Hoping you are feeling brighter after today XxX

Lottiewishes

Hope your ok hunny? Xxx

Suffolk Joy

Hiya SJ are you alright ? How did you get on ? can I ask how long after your final dietician appointment did you go to your MDT ? Hoping you are feeling brighter after today XxX

Hi Bling Babe

Yesterday was okay. I am resetting my diet and focusing on increasing my activity levels and increasing my protein intake which is not at the 60 - 80 g needed. My journey was somewhat speedy once I got to L&D from Addenbrookes - pushing me through as a matter of patient safety (Addenbrookes wording) but I have listed what appointments I have had at L&D :
Aug 18th 2016 - Bariatric Nurse and bloods taken. Referred for early surgical appt
Sept 8th 2016 - Consultant Surgeon. Agreed to bypass surgery and removal of band.
Sept 26 2016 - Dietitian. Told about milk diet.
Nov 7 - Dec 5 - Milk Diet
Oct 17 2016 - Sleep Apnoea study
Dec 6 2016 - Clinical Psychologist appointment and Dietitian appointment
Jan 26 2017 - Surgeon and Anesthetist. Surgery date set for 25 April 2107
April 19 2017 - pre-surgical appointment. Full bloods, ECG,Nurse Consultant. Collect pre-op meds.
April 26 2017 - surgery date
June 15 2017 - post op appointment with surgeon and nurse. Back for review in 3/12
So my journey from 1st appt to surgery was only 8 months but previously been at Addenbrookes with band problems and dietary problems since May 2014.
Hope this is of some help but we all seem to have a different pathway of appointments. I am sure it makes sense to them but it has never been overly clear to me.

SJ xx

Bling Babe

Hi Bling Babe

Yesterday was okay. I am resetting my diet and focusing on increasing my activity levels and increasing my protein intake which is not at the 60 - 80 g needed. My journey was somewhat speedy once I got to L&D from Addenbrookes - pushing me through as a matter of patient safety (Addenbrookes wording) but I have listed what appointments I have had at L&D :
Aug 18th 2016 - Bariatric Nurse and bloods taken. Referred for early surgical appt
Sept 8th 2016 - Consultant Surgeon. Agreed to bypass surgery and removal of band.
Sept 26 2016 - Dietitian. Told about milk diet.
Nov 7 - Dec 5 - Milk Diet
Oct 17 2016 - Sleep Apnoea study
Dec 6 2016 - Clinical Psychologist appointment and Dietitian appointment
Jan 26 2017 - Surgeon and Anesthetist. Surgery date set for 25 April 2107
April 19 2017 - pre-surgical appointment. Full bloods, ECG,Nurse Consultant. Collect pre-op meds.
April 26 2017 - surgery date
June 15 2017 - post op appointment with surgeon and nurse. Back for review in 3/12
So my journey from 1st appt to surgery was only 8 months but previously been at Addenbrookes with band problems and dietary problems since May 2014.
Hope this is of some help but we all seem to have a different pathway of appointments. I am sure it makes sense to them but it has never been overly clear to me.

SJ xx
Thank you SJ it is helpful xx

Bling Babe

Hi SJ, just checking in to see how you are getting on now ? Xxx

Suffolk Joy

Hi SJ, just checking in to see how you are getting on now ? Xxx

Hi Bling Babe
Gym and swim going well as in attending three times a week and enjoying it but the weight is not shifting at all. It's stalled. I am being careful, high protein foods, plenty of fluids etc but no movement. It's very disappointing and disheartening. More worrying I do have a dress for a wedding g to get into in six weeks and I am 2" off being able to do the zip up. I may have to resort to buying a new one in larger size at this rate.
It's quite disheartening when I read how well people are doing with their weight loss and I am still a fat blob.
How are you doing? Any updates?
SJ x

Bling Babe

Hi Bling Babe
Gym and swim going well as in attending three times a week and enjoying it but the weight is not shifting at all. It's stalled. I am being careful, high protein foods, plenty of fluids etc but no movement. It's very disappointing and disheartening. More worrying I do have a dress for a wedding g to get into in six weeks and I am 2" off being able to do the zip up. I may have to resort to buying a new one in larger size at this rate.
It's quite disheartening when I read how well people are doing with their weight loss and I am still a fat blob.
How are you doing? Any updates?
SJ x
Aw SJ, it's great that your still swimming and going to the gym this will undoubtedly change your body shape, which in turn could help with the dress scenario, I really don't know what to say about the weight loss stall, would it be worth calling the team do you think? How many calories are you consuming and how does that compare to other on the forum? please please don't think of yourself as a fat blob, you are a beautiful person and positive thoughts will really help you, don't give up and become disheartened, I know it's easy to say but just consider what you would be telling others. I'm ok just waiting for my MDT, I'd like to lose a little more because I know I will gain on holibob but afraid I may be weighed at MDT I am also worried now that they may say I don't need wls as I've 'done so well' but I know I couldn't keep this up for much longer, as it is now I'm fluctuating lots.
Take care SJ, big hugs to you xx

Lottiewishes

Sorry you feel disheartened hunny Is it because you are exercising more and gaining more muscle? IDK. HUGS hunny xxxx