• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Joy of going through the process

SAM55

So I have done a full 6 weeks in the gym - prompted by a message on the Wellness Account that I had come to the end of that Training Programme and needed to arrange an appointment with a trainer to reset a new training programme. To be honest, since probably week 2 I haven't just done the workout they prescribed but each Monday I go in and push myself to achieve more. More cycling, more walking, more sets and in the past 2 weeks I have even moved myself on to different machines to extend my workout. So the maximum calories I have burned in 1 session has been 796 so my aim is next Monday to beat that and do more, depending on what they set within my new programme. The thing I least like doing is hanging off the wall on straps and doing squats - plays havoc on my knees and the grip on my left hand is suspect so I have landed like a big blob on the floor on my bum when my grasp went. It was one of those moments when I was slightly winded, but way more worried that someone else saw it happen or the instructor would appear making sure all was okay. So, I lay on the floor stretching and bending about waving various limbs about (not my thing at all as I felt like a beached whale) pretending I had of course meant to land on the floor. Getting up was a bugger though. Why are there never any chairs around when you want one?

I have also determined I am not a "no sweat" gym-bunny. I watch some of the ladies come in and do their session. Pony tails wagging in the air-conditioned breeze, barely breaking a sweat looking good in their fitted joggers and sports bra-come-top. Then there is me in a pair of baggy cropped joggers, an oversize t-shirt to hide the lumps and bumps and looking like a doused beetroot after the initial treadmill session. The drips of sweat are wiped away with a sports towel which when I cycle has to be around my neck otherwise I may be in danger of spraying the neighbours. The hair looks as though I have dipped my head in a bucket of water and my t-shirt is plastered to my back. This delightful look is rounded off nicely by being able to check ones self out in the ever present full length mirrors around the gym for the poseurs. Thank goodness if I take my glasses off the world goes suitably fuzzy and I tend to restrain for any eye contact lest it should encourage some sort of discussion.

But with all the blowing and puffing, looking drenched, feeling overheated and tired I am enjoying it. I like to feel as though it is making a difference and that I can sit down in the evening thinking I have earned the rest and I have done something worth while. So I am making it my next months mission to make sure that I swim at least 3 times a week to up the exercise again.

I have also decided that I am not going to weigh myself each week but every other week as I am becoming a wee bit obsessed with it. My shape has changed, my ability to move and I have lost inches around everywhere so the success of the op at the moment cannot solely be determined by weight loss. That is still very important - I want to get rid of the other 100 lbs but I may take a year of more to do that but then again, it took me 52 years to put it all on!

SJ xx
Great to read such an entertaining and positive story. :painting: Well done with all your achievements. :banana_dancer::banana_dancer::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Lottiewishes

Well done on the gym and weight loss hunny. You are doing GREAT :) xxx

Bling Babe

So I have done a full 6 weeks in the gym - prompted by a message on the Wellness Account that I had come to the end of that Training Programme and needed to arrange an appointment with a trainer to reset a new training programme. To be honest, since probably week 2 I haven't just done the workout they prescribed but each Monday I go in and push myself to achieve more. More cycling, more walking, more sets and in the past 2 weeks I have even moved myself on to different machines to extend my workout. So the maximum calories I have burned in 1 session has been 796 so my aim is next Monday to beat that and do more, depending on what they set within my new programme. The thing I least like doing is hanging off the wall on straps and doing squats - plays havoc on my knees and the grip on my left hand is suspect so I have landed like a big blob on the floor on my bum when my grasp went. It was one of those moments when I was slightly winded, but way more worried that someone else saw it happen or the instructor would appear making sure all was okay. So, I lay on the floor stretching and bending about waving various limbs about (not my thing at all as I felt like a beached whale) pretending I had of course meant to land on the floor. Getting up was a bugger though. Why are there never any chairs around when you want one?

I have also determined I am not a "no sweat" gym-bunny. I watch some of the ladies come in and do their session. Pony tails wagging in the air-conditioned breeze, barely breaking a sweat looking good in their fitted joggers and sports bra-come-top. Then there is me in a pair of baggy cropped joggers, an oversize t-shirt to hide the lumps and bumps and looking like a doused beetroot after the initial treadmill session. The drips of sweat are wiped away with a sports towel which when I cycle has to be around my neck otherwise I may be in danger of spraying the neighbours. The hair looks as though I have dipped my head in a bucket of water and my t-shirt is plastered to my back. This delightful look is rounded off nicely by being able to check ones self out in the ever present full length mirrors around the gym for the poseurs. Thank goodness if I take my glasses off the world goes suitably fuzzy and I tend to restrain for any eye contact lest it should encourage some sort of discussion.

But with all the blowing and puffing, looking drenched, feeling overheated and tired I am enjoying it. I like to feel as though it is making a difference and that I can sit down in the evening thinking I have earned the rest and I have done something worth while. So I am making it my next months mission to make sure that I swim at least 3 times a week to up the exercise again.

I have also decided that I am not going to weigh myself each week but every other week as I am becoming a wee bit obsessed with it. My shape has changed, my ability to move and I have lost inches around everywhere so the success of the op at the moment cannot solely be determined by weight loss. That is still very important - I want to get rid of the other 100 lbs but I may take a year of more to do that but then again, it took me 52 years to put it all on!

SJ xx
It's great to hear you being so positive and your doing amazingly well SJ, very entertaining post too, I can definitely relate to the sweating it's so in ladylike, my GP has prescribed some tablet which I'm hoping will help, I will keep you posted, keep up the good work SJ xx

FeeBee

About doused beetroot checking in to say hi and well done :) x

Bling Babe

Hiya SJ how are things with you, are you getting on any better at the gym, hope your well my love x

Lottiewishes

Hope your ok? xxxx

Bling Babe

How are you getting on SJ would be lovely to hear from you xxx