• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Missy’s Journey!

Had my pre-op at Leeds Nuffield on Thursday. I was an hour and a half early! There's a first time for everything :D The M62 can be a nightmare and I didn't want to feel in a pain and stressed as I was already apprehensive. Anyway, all seemed to be well, but have to wait for blood tests, swabs, ECG results. If I don't hear anything by Monday then all is good to go. Nerves are kicking in and this forum is helping me by reading lots of posts/successes. Read a lot about Forceval and wondering if the soluble is the best or capsules snipped and added to a spoon of something? I have numerous prescriptions from the GP as my OH went in to change the tablet form they prescribed! They obviously didn't read the recommendations from the dietician correctly. However, they've now changed the iron to liquid - I'd rather have the capsule and sprinkle onto something. Cali chew has been changed to a liquid to! I've got an appointment to sort all this on Tuesday. I am really no good with soluble medicines. I'm frightened of being sick too. I have also read on her about Forceval making many people sick. I have Bassett multivitamins stocked up in case! My nerves are really kicking in this weekend - this time next week I will hopefully be home and recovering. It's my last day in work on Monday and my colleagues do not know about my surgery. I will be off sick on Tuesday and Wednesday and am worried work may try to contact me and I won't be able to answer! o_O Beginning to worry about anything and everything now... including ruining my family's Christmas :(. Hope everything is straight forward and I'm not feeling too poorly. I will be 5 days post-op on Xmas day.

So, no news is good news! I was told I would only be contacted if there were any problems with regards to my pre-op assessment results. I had a B12 injection this evening. I'm sure I don't need one just yet, but it won't do me any harm. I've felt sick with nerves all day today. I will be admitted tomorrow and my op is on Wednesday. I've had a few ops over my time but I'm soooooo nervous and was excited (the excitement has dwindled as my op date gets nearer.) Tried to read up as much as possible. I've done 2 weeks on the pre-op diet and lost 1st 2lb :D

So, no news is good news! I was told I would only be contacted if there were any problems with regards to my pre-op assessment results. I had a B12 injection this evening. I'm sure I don't need one just yet, but it won't do me any harm. I've felt sick with nerves all day today. I will be admitted tomorrow and my op is on Wednesday. I've had a few ops over my time but I'm soooooo nervous and was excited (the excitement has dwindled as my op date gets nearer.) Tried to read up as much as possible. I've done 2 weeks on the pre-op diet and lost 1st 2lb :D
Good luck to you xx

Fab news! :D Best of luck to you, look forward to hearing how it all went. See you on the losers bench! Xx

Fab news! :D Best of luck to you, look forward to hearing how it all went. See you on the losers bench! Xx
Thank you! My tummy did a somersault when I read ‘losers bench’. Can’t wait to be a loser! :)

Well, here I am, sitting in my room at the Leeds Nuffield. Just had some chicken soup only to find out that it will be coming out of the other end shortly! I didn’t read anywhere about pre op enemas! Should’ve realised though. One tonight and one in the morning. :confused: On the plus side, the Nuffield is lovely ... certainly much nicer than Dolan Park!

Well, here I am, sitting in my room at the Leeds Nuffield. Just had some chicken soup only to find out that it will be coming out of the other end shortly! I didn’t read anywhere about pre op enemas! Should’ve realised though. One tonight and one in the morning. :confused: On the plus side, the Nuffield is lovely ... certainly much nicer than Dolan Park!

I’ve never heard of that! X

I’ve never heard of that! X
They must think I’m full of :D I wasn’t expecting it and not looking forward to it either! On the other hand, I could do with a good clear out. :p The Dr just asked me about pain relief and Tramadol... can’t say I’m keen on Tramadol or Morphine/opiut based drugs: I think they make me feel worse than the op does! I can’t see paracetamol being strong enough though either! My GP prescribed soluble co-codamol... I’m not good with soluble stuff so this is going to be interesting! ;)

They must think I’m full of :D I wasn’t expecting it and not looking forward to it either! On the other hand, I could do with a good clear out. :p The Dr just asked me about pain relief and Tramadol... can’t say I’m keen on Tramadol or Morphine/opiut based drugs: I think they make me feel worse than the op does! I can’t see paracetamol being strong enough though either! My GP prescribed soluble co-codamol... I’m not good with soluble stuff so this is going to be interesting! ;)
Good luck xx

Mr Halstead has just been. He expects all to be well but does have to warn that if the band has slipped or the stomach is too thin from the band then he will remove the band and the bypass would have to be done at a later date ... hoping this isn’t the case! If the bowel is stuck together then this would mean a sleeve and not a bypass. Fingers crossed! o_O

Well, I did it! I’m on the other side. Bypass went well. Spent most of the day out of it, but coming round more now. So glad it’s over. X

Fab news. I’m glad it’s all over, rest up. Xx
Thank you. First day is tough! Struggling to drink enough so my veins aren’t good. I’m trying to get more fluids in. The things we put ourselves through! Hopefully, it will be all worth it x

Thank you. First day is tough! Struggling to drink enough so my veins aren’t good. I’m trying to get more fluids in. The things we put ourselves through! Hopefully, it will be all worth it x

It isn’t easy, I really struggled for the first few weeks. The first week, all I did was cry and regretted the surgery but honestly, I’m almost 6 months out and it is the best thing I’ve ever done in my life. Xx

Back