• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Missy’s Journey!

Thanks @Maria61. How are you doing? How did you find your 1st Christmas with your bypass? Xx
Hi Missyme, as you know I had first dumping experience on Christmas Eve. I have not been great over Christmas but back on programme today. Will weigh on Saturday and see what has occurred. Happy New Year to you xx

Hi Missyme, as you know I had first dumping experience on Christmas Eve. I have not been great over Christmas but back on programme today. Will weigh on Saturday and see what has occurred. Happy New Year to you xx
I’m sure you will be fine. You should still be able to enjoy food at times like this... just like ‘normal’ people do. You can reign it back in and address any damage caused. I’m sure it will be far less damage than previous Christmases. Have a wonderful 2018 xx

DAY 8... Woke up with no nausea today. I went out shopping with only having had a cup of tea and I did take some Ribena with me. It was 4pm by the time I returned and I’d not felt hungry all day. I had a protein soup on my return and felt awfully sick. I realise it was silly to go all that time with no food, but I also felt similar yesterday after my first soup. Loved getting out today but it was bitterly cold. Needless to say, I came home and slept! Hope I sleep tonight. It was frustrating not being able to buy any clothes in the sales. Yet again, food didn’t bother me and I went into M&S to buy party food. It was strange to look at food and say ‘that looks nice’ but have no desire to eat it. I picked up a bar of chocolate just to see how I feel... I just felt repulsed. I’m assuming this is normal for this stage? Will it disappear as time goes on? I hope not, but imagine it will. No movement on the scales today, which is expected. Our friends are over tomorrow for lunch/party tea. It’s my friend’s birthday so I’m throwing her a little surprise tea party. She is 1 of 2 friends who knew about my band and she just thinks it’s been removed and that’s why I’m on liquids. No bowel movements today either. The nurse rang me to check how I am post-op. She seemed pleased and advised I keep my eye on the small oozing wound and to go in to get it checked if necessary.

DAY 8... Woke up with no nausea today. I went out shopping with only having had a cup of tea and I did take some Ribena with me. It was 4pm by the time I returned and I’d not felt hungry all day. I had a protein soup on my return and felt awfully sick. I realise it was silly to go all that time with no food, but I also felt similar yesterday after my first soup. Loved getting out today but it was bitterly cold. Needless to say, I came home and slept! Hope I sleep tonight. It was frustrating not being able to buy any clothes in the sales. Yet again, food didn’t bother me and I went into M&S to buy party food. It was strange to look at food and say ‘that looks nice’ but have no desire to eat it. I picked up a bar of chocolate just to see how I feel... I just felt repulsed. I’m assuming this is normal for this stage? Will it disappear as time goes on? I hope not, but imagine it will. No movement on the scales today, which is expected. Our friends are over tomorrow for lunch/party tea. It’s my friend’s birthday so I’m throwing her a little surprise tea party. She is 1 of 2 friends who knew about my band and she just thinks it’s been removed and that’s why I’m on liquids. No bowel movements today either. The nurse rang me to check how I am post-op. She seemed pleased and advised I keep my eye on the small oozing wound and to go in to get it checked if necessary.

It is completely normal at that stage. My tastes completely changed in the months post surgery, before surgery I had a real sweet tooth and after surgery I couldn’t bare anything sweet. Even milk with a few drops of NAS crusha was too much. My sweet tooth is back now but not like it was and I can control it :)
Instead of a full box of my favourites, Ferraro rochers, I had 2!!!
Keep going, you’ve got this x

It is completely normal at that stage. My tastes completely changed in the months post surgery, before surgery I had a real sweet tooth and after surgery I couldn’t bare anything sweet. Even milk with a few drops of NAS crusha was too much. My sweet tooth is back now but not like it was and I can control it :)
Instead of a full box of my favourites, Ferraro rochers, I had 2!!!
Keep going, you’ve got this x
Thank you for replying @Laaux. I would be more than happy to be exactly like you describe. My main reason for choosing the bypass was to combat the sweet tooth, so I hope I am similar to you. I could binge eat a full packet of biscuits and more in one sitting. Aside from sweet stuff, my actual food intake is pretty healthy and I don’t drink alcohol. Unfortunately, the band didn’t combat my sweet tooth or give me restriction. I think this makes me even more nervous that this op will also be a failure. That said, things just feel differently... emotionally and physically. So fingers crossed. I read some of your post-op posts yesterday and you sounded very similar to me on those first few days post-op. Your reply in my dark days this time last week was very reassuring, so thank you for that. X

Thank you for replying @Laaux. I would be more than happy to be exactly like you describe. My main reason for choosing the bypass was to combat the sweet tooth, so I hope I am similar to you. I could binge eat a full packet of biscuits and more in one sitting. Aside from sweet stuff, my actual food intake is pretty healthy and I don’t drink alcohol. Unfortunately, the band didn’t combat my sweet tooth or give me restriction. I think this makes me even more nervous that this op will also be a failure. That said, things just feel differently... emotionally and physically. So fingers crossed. I read some of your post-op posts yesterday and you sounded very similar to me on those first few days post-op. Your reply in my dark days this time last week was very reassuring, so thank you for that. X

You’re welcome honey. Any questions just ask, you’re not alone we’ve all been there! I’m almost 6 months out and the time has flown, it gets better everyday. X

Girls I like the sound of NOT having a sweet tooth.

Hunny you are doing so well. Keep warm it is cold xxx

Girls I like the sound of NOT having a sweet tooth.

Hunny you are doing so well. Keep warm it is cold xxx
Thanks ladies, @Laaux youre doing amazingly well and I bet you’re so pleased to have lost weight over Christmas.
@Lottiewishes - I hope you’ve been getting on ok over the festive season. Not too easy with all the goodies around xx

I've had a bumpy time bit tried my BEST. Goung out with the girls cocktails tonight xxxx

I've had a bumpy time bit tried my BEST. Goung out with the girls cocktails tonight xxxx
You're not going to be an angel at this stage or you wouldn't need the op in the first place if it was that easy! I think you've done well at this time of year. Keep going! X

DAY 8...
Friends came over for a buffet/tea party lunch today, so that has kept me busy and yet again I wasn't interested in any of the food. Sat at the table surrounded by it for a good few hours too. They were here most of the day and I only had one soup in that time. I've just managed to get a protein soup down and must squeeze another one in later. I only ended up having 2 x soups yesterday as I foolishly left it too late for my first one. I started taking my iron capsule and calcichew a couple of days ago. I snip the top of the iron capsule and sprinkle the contents onto a spoon of my soup. It's fairly gritty and I do get a slight taste of the iron but this is a far better option for me than the liquid stuff! I think the calcichew are quite pleasant. I'm finding the medication ok, mainly because I haven't got any soluble stuff. Struggled to get Forceval so I'm just taking 2 x Bassestts multivitamin gums as advised in my paperwork. The dietician sent me some samples of Baricol. They need to be taken 3 x a-day! Not tried them as I can't be bothered with the frequency - there's enough to take. I will move onto an A-Z when I can take tablets. Been discussing holidays with our friends as we are booking some together. We were talking about going away for 3 weeks in the summer. This would usually horrify me as I gain a stone a week. I'm also a teacher and prefer to go away at the beginning of any school holidays so I can get rid of some of the fat damage before returning to work. However, I feel much more relaxed and less worried about dates and duration of holidays knowing I'm probably not going to gain weight as I have in the past. I'm not unrealistic in thinking that I won't have any gain, but it sure won't be as bad. I have to take a range of sizes in clothes on holiday as by the 2nd week, most of the stuff I could wear in the first week doesn't fit. Another 1lb down on the scales this morning :D
Heaviest weight: 22st 8lb
Pre-op weight: 17st 1lb
Day of surgery: 15st 13lb (20/12/17)
Current weight: 15st 3lb. Total loss since pre op = 1st 12lb (3 wks 1 day)
Can't wait to hit the 14s! :)

You are doing so well.
I love the way you ain’t sugarcoating your experience.
It will help me when I get to your stage.
Well done

You are doing so well.
I love the way you ain’t sugarcoating your experience.
It will help me when I get to your stage.
Well done
Thanks @Emma1504. I know I find this site useful because of the real WLS journeys/experiences. I want to document my own experience and also give back to the forum what I hope will help others as I’ve gained so much from on here. I’d rather know the good, the bad and the ugly! I’m glad you find it helpful... thank you for your reply and good luck! Xx

Well done hunny. Hol sounds great ;) I love hols :) xxxc

DAY 8...
Friends came over for a buffet/tea party lunch today, so that has kept me busy and yet again I wasn't interested in any of the food. Sat at the table surrounded by it for a good few hours too. They were here most of the day and I only had one soup in that time. I've just managed to get a protein soup down and must squeeze another one in later. I only ended up having 2 x soups yesterday as I foolishly left it too late for my first one. I started taking my iron capsule and calcichew a couple of days ago. I snip the top of the iron capsule and sprinkle the contents onto a spoon of my soup. It's fairly gritty and I do get a slight taste of the iron but this is a far better option for me than the liquid stuff! I think the calcichew are quite pleasant. I'm finding the medication ok, mainly because I haven't got any soluble stuff. Struggled to get Forceval so I'm just taking 2 x Bassestts multivitamin gums as advised in my paperwork. The dietician sent me some samples of Baricol. They need to be taken 3 x a-day! Not tried them as I can't be bothered with the frequency - there's enough to take. I will move onto an A-Z when I can take tablets. Been discussing holidays with our friends as we are booking some together. We were talking about going away for 3 weeks in the summer. This would usually horrify me as I gain a stone a week. I'm also a teacher and prefer to go away at the beginning of any school holidays so I can get rid of some of the fat damage before returning to work. However, I feel much more relaxed and less worried about dates and duration of holidays knowing I'm probably not going to gain weight as I have in the past. I'm not unrealistic in thinking that I won't have any gain, but it sure won't be as bad. I have to take a range of sizes in clothes on holiday as by the 2nd week, most of the stuff I could wear in the first week doesn't fit. Another 1lb down on the scales this morning :D
Heaviest weight: 22st 8lb
Pre-op weight: 17st 1lb
Day of surgery: 15st 13lb (20/12/17)
Current weight: 15st 3lb. Total loss since pre op = 1st 12lb (3 wks 1 day)
Can't wait to hit the 14s! :)
You are doing so well xx

Back