• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

MR SLEEVE & MRS BYPASS - UPDATE

Wow you're both inspiring, doing it together. Good luck for today, you'll be on the losers bench with your wife soon. How exciting! :)

Good luck

Hope all goes well with ur op steve and hope janet is doing well, she will have to look after u now :D keep us posted on how ur getting on :) x

Just got back home, what a relief!

Ended up with sleeve instead of bypass due to umbilical hernia which I have had for some years, it was thought it may cause an issue so not too disappointed.

Got my injections to do daily for 10 days to prevent blood clots, these surgical stockings are ruddy tight as well!!

All in all it wasn't too bad an experience all though day 2 I felt sickly most of the day and had to have anti sickness drug which helped. but today feel tons better. Taking paracetamol and coedine for pain and feel quite comfy actually.

Just asked Janet to put my slippers on and she's puffing already!! How rude.

Will have to change title to MR SLEEVE AND MRS BYPASS!!

Shame, I'm sure you are somewhat disappointed, but I hope thesleeve will work out just as well.

Welcome home. Glad it all went well, even if you didn't get the op you was hoping for x

Congratulations to u, hope u r feeling well and looking forward to a speedy recovery.. Look forward to further updates..

Glad it went well even though procedure had to change!

Janet: 2 and half weeks post op (bypass) and doing great, she is managing food stuff really well and getting plenty of fluid down too.
Janet has lost 1 stone since surgery!!! Janet never got big losses when we did slimming world etc.
Friends and relatives can't believe she has only had surgery two weeks ago and looks so good.
Her portion size is quite good I think, her day usually consists of 1 weetabix with plenty of milk for breakfast, mid morning petit felious small pot, dinner slim fast shake, afternoon small pot low fat custard, tea is a puréed chicken dinner (yog pot size) and evening snack probably petit felious pot or similar.

Steve: 3 days post op (sleeve) pain is very manageable with paracetamol and coedine and I am a self confessed mard ar*e!
6 wounds after op and the only one which is most sore getting up and down from sitting is the main wound my right side.
Honestly I'm sat here sipping water and using my laptop like not much has happened!
Day of the op and second day were my worst but were soon over.
Had a little milky ready brek this morning and building up to a scrambled egg for dinner (lunch).
Those injections are really easy to do (see earlier comment re mard ar*e!).
Doing brill in my opinion!

Glad to hear both doing so well :)

We've just had our weekly weigh in! (Had to hide scales as Janet was getting obsessed!)

Janet (bypass) 3 weeks post op lost another 4lb in a week.

Steve (sleeve) 1 week post op lost another 11.5 lb (including pre op diet I have lost 32.5lb!!!!!! in 17 days, bloody hell!)

Both feeling great and getting into the food recipes etc.

I am still struggling getting fluid down but seems a common isssue.

Off to hide the scales again!! lol

Sounds like your both doing great well done to you both.
I'm having Janet's obsession too but trying to stop lol but my weight is different on hospital, weight management and my own scales so its confusing the life out of me. I have decided I'm not going to weigh myself and leave it to weight management if I can lol x

Its great that the 2 of you are doing this together :)

great news.

I also weigh every day since I don't get to weight management every week. Don't want to hide the scales yet, although I know it's not good to weigh every day due to fluctuations. Good job to both of you by the way.

Back