• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

MR SLEEVE & MRS BYPASS - UPDATE

I have read that becoming a clothes tart is a side effect of the surgery.. enjoy.

I've just read the thread and you are both truly inspirational! I really hope if I am approved for surgery I manage as well as you have xx

Weekly weigh in!

Janet has lost another 3lb (week 5 post op) (3st 7lb since heaviest)

I have lost another 4lb! (week 3 post op) (3st 10lb since heaviset)

Both really chuffed with results so far, I always wish it was more but that's what we all want isn't it!! Reality is I haven't lost weight every week for a month in years.

I had a lesson learnt the other day! Decided to try a small chicken salad after only three weeks, chewed everything meticulously and finished it in about 25 mins... felt like I had a tennis ball lodged in my chest!! 5 mins later was being re acquainted with it in the bathroom!! They give you guide lines for a reason!!

Janet has to learn to eat more slowly as she has had a couple of sickie incidents not due to quantity but with eating too fast!

Other than the learning curve, wounds etc are fab and fading already!

#stick to the script!

I am so loving your thread and you are both doing brilliantly. A weekly 3 or 4lb loss works out about a stone a month which is fantastic so don't knock it. Slower is better ;). X

Life is so much better already!!

I still find it hard to believe how much better we both feel in such a short space of time!

Yesterday we went to the seaside at Skegness (or Skeg vegas as its known locally!)

We took our daughter and two year old grandson Zach, I am ashamed to say this is only the second time we have ventured out in public with our grandson (the first being a local park two weeks ago).

We have gone from hiding away in our home sitting on the settee stuffing our faces to actually wanting to go out!

Not only is the weight coming off but our mindset is changing too!

We walked around (nothing excessive but still a major change to wobbling round tesco's).

We had a picnic for lunch and sat there spreading low fat philly on four cracker breads!

And even though every step you pass a fast food outlet(the smells are devine still!) I couldn't have eaten anything anyway because I was full, amazing.

Had a fantastic day and looking forward to many more, this is the dream folks becoming reality!!

I am thrilled for you guys, and only three weeks post op. All so positive. I'm a bypasser and a couple of weeks ahead of you. I really identify with eating too fast ... For me slowing down (and keeping my food down!) has been the biggest challenge.

Keep up the good work - and keep posting x

Wednesday weigh in!

Janet (now 6 weeks post op!) lost 2lb

Steve (now 4 weeks post op!) lost 3lb

Head hunger is starting to become an issue and the demons in our heads are saying go on have a biscuit it wont hurt!!

Because we feel so well and managing food better you forget what operation you have had and the old demons start to try and take over again! Had to make more of an effort to stay on the healthy foods this week but we know its going to take time to establish this new eating lifestyle after years of over eating.

One thing is you can't over eat, full stop! So portion size is definately under control at last. Its the old habits when our grandson leaves the crusts on his toast he gives them to me and says "grandad have them!" I have unknowingly finished off his left overs for 2 years! (bad grandad!)

Anyway on more positive issues walking about and getting up out of chairs etc is much easier and I have had chronic knee pain for years and already I can feel less pain when up and about!

The best thing is we are doing this as a team! It really does help going through this together we are very lucky!

Feeling good people!!

Not only is the weight coming off but our mindset is changing too!

And even though every step you pass a fast food outlet(the smells are devine still!) I couldn't have eaten anything anyway because I was full, amazing.....

Had a fantastic day and looking forward to many more, this is the dream folks becoming reality!!

You are both amazing well done guys :D

On the fast food outlet thing both hubs and I were shocked at how many takeaways there were on the under 2 mile short run from the motorway slip to the hospital I had my op at... Intrigued by it I decided to count them 52!!!:eek: .... Enough said on why the nation is unhealthy!

I'm still pinching myself as I can't believe that I finally made it here on the bench beside you all :D. Xx

Well done guys... keep it up... cant wait to join you all on the looser bench...

Wednesday weigh in!

Janet has lost another 4lb! (7 weeks post op)

I lost 2lb (5 weeks post op)

Hiding the scales from Janet is becoming a challenge, not from her finding them but from the whole emotional black mail she uses on me to weigh every day!! (if you love me! features a lot!)

Had our first B12 injections last Thursday didn't feel it at all, very slight stinging as it went in and I mean slight. I said to the nurse "do you want me to drop my trousers?" No I do not its going in your arm !! (I thought it was funny)

On the whole we are doing really well still, I felt a bit disappointed with 2 lb but before you say "its a bag of sugar etc!" I know its a loss and in time they all add up. I think its the amount of food I eat now compared to all the years before that I expect bigger losses. Cant wait for several months to pass and then be able to look back and see big numbers of loss!!

Janet has had a couple more sick incidents during the week and is still getting her head round eating slower, we both used to "inhale" our food and it does take some thinking about to pace yourself slower!

We are off to Northern General hospital at Sheffield today for first post op appointment so will get officially weighed I guess, wouldn't surprise me if they take blood as well!!

Overall things are still changing for the better,although I didn't realise WLS was linked to time travel!!!

The other day Janet walked in wearing some clothes from 5 years ago!!! Took me back to a holiday in 2008.......

Onward and downward!!

Last edited:
Well done both of you :) x

Ure time travel comment made me chuckle - my time travel only took me back 2 years so far ha!

Well done both of you :) I lost 2 pounds other week and I was disappointed but have to realise it is a lose!

I know what you mean about time travel, I also am wearing clothes that fits me five years ago. Well done to both of you, keep it up. X

Post op appointment 28/8/13.

Pretty routine appointment really. Was weighed and asked generally about eating and fluids as you'd expect.

Oh and the obligatory blood sample!!

Weight loss for both of us and a drop of 5 each on the BMI scale was "what they would have expected at this stage" "So keep up the good work!"

Other than that we go back in three months.

For those of you familiar with Northern General Sheffield it seems to be built on the north face of Everest!! But having said that we walked up from lower car park and wasn't breathing from my ar*e this time!!

Both feel better every day!

Can't smile wide enough!

Wednesday weigh in! 04/09/13

Janet (8 weeks post op) Maintained

Me (6 weeks post op) lost 5lb

Janet pretty disappointed to maintain but thinks it is the time of month, just shows though what the scales can do to your mind because she was feeling really good yesterday!

I was a bit disappointed last week with 2 lb and then delighted this week with 5!!

Mind games are the hardest thing to contend with! Weight loss and food cravings play with your emotions!! Perhaps in the future they will do brain surgery instead of stomach surgery and everyone will be thinner and confident!!

Can't believe how much fish I am eating since op! prior to surgery the only fish I ate was from a chippy accompanied with chips and peas!! Now one of my favourite meals is a fish pie, oh lord what a difference.......

Still not really got into much exercise yet, think that is the next big change that needs to take place. Even considering joining a local gym (I can't believe I just typed that sentence!!!).

Off to hide the scales again and cheer the Mrs up!!!

Well done!! Steve ...to Janet its a blip and they happen unfortunatly. just keep up the fantasic work and it will move again ;)
I so get the fish part too ... Since feb when I had the balloon till now with the bypass I have rediscovered fish. The stronger the fishyness the better.

Well done and I'm with you on the fish. I have rediscovered tinned sardine fillets and could eat them every day. (skinless boneless variety though!) Previously wouldn't have touched them with someone elses bargepole lol Sx

Sardines are one of my fav's too! with a splash of tabasco on 3 crispbreads!!! A taste sensation!

Just been doing a few jobs outside! and cut the grass in one go! Its only a small garden but still use to take me ages to cut because usually it was too long and I had to keep stopping to breathe and sit down! Also the battle of going in the shed to get the mower out was a big effort.

Plus my joggers keep hanging off me bum now!! Keep stopping to pull the ******* up! Because when I was bigger I took the cord out because I didn't need it then as they were too tight! How I regret that decision lol....

Ever tried mowing with one hand on the mower and one holding your britches up!!

Even venturing outside is a total change from just sitting in the living room watching tele!!

Feels good people!

Back