• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

MR SLEEVE & MRS BYPASS - UPDATE

I have been following your journey with interest and have decided yep this is what I want to do... have been given my date 19 Oct 2013 is the start of my new life...thank you so much for your posts. I will continue to follow your posts.. its better than Eastenders. :)

IMG_0968.jpg

Relaxing under doctors orders!!

Really working the sexy stockings there guys - swit woooooooo :D

Just read through your thread. Brilliant news for both of you. So good you've got each other for support. Congrats guys! Loving the sexy stockings lol x

I thought it was funny!!

Thought I'd share my humour on op day!

When I'm nervous and anxious I tend to be extrovert to compensate feeling awkward, let me give you an example!

Due to the lack of bariatric gowns for theatre they gave me two (one to cover my back whilst I walked to theatre.

I commented it looked like a super hero cape and when I walked into anaesthetic room I swooped in holding the cape out and saying "I'm Steve Murray and I've just flown down from the second floor!!"

The two nurses in full srubs just smiled and the anaesthetist just said "If you'd like to lie on the table Stephen!"

#Some fell on stony ground!

IMG_0954.jpg

Well I think that's bloody hilarious! Some ppl have no sense of humour

My hubby is going to be so disappointed ...when I told him that you have to wear special stockings for several weeks post op he became strangely excited .... Don't know how I break it to him that they are actually to the knee ones hehehe

So happy for the pair of you and its brilliant that you are so supportive of each other :) x

I think it's hilarious! I tend to joke and talk too much if I'm nervous lol

Me too - I wish I had of been like that I just cried instead :( luckily the staff in theatre kept chatting to me and low and behold as soon as I had the drugs in me I started feeling super chilled! :)

Last edited:
FemFrankie, my boyfriend is thinking the same - he's hoping I'm going to be wearing suspenders with them. Think he might be a bit disappointed!

Hehehe poor sods

Had two issues over the weekend!

One after eating my pureed chicken dinner, did my usual slow teaspoon feed rate but I get a tight ball type feeling in my chest if I go too quick. This happened so I usually wait several minutes for it to ease. It didn't seem to want to go down and I thought a drink would help! Ooops, my first sick incident.

Second issue was putting on the dreaded surgical stockings! Was bent over pulling the bleeders on when I felt sharp pulling pain in my main port wound! This has made it tender again when getting up out of the chair.

Other than that am doing well.

Janet is eating well as per mushy stage and doesn't have the issues I have with having to eat really slow. Must be the difference between bypass and my sleeve?

Janet is struggling with head hunger more than me and keeps mithering for the scales!!!

Onward and downward (weight that is!!)

I didn't know you get to wear stockings, post-op.. result!

Wednesday weigh in!

Janet (4 weeks post op) lost another 2lb

Me (2 weeks post op) lost another 4lb.

Both feeling great.

Even managed a few small walks this week, things definitely changing for the better!

Awww, really enjoyed your updates.

Well done both x

Sounds like both doing great! :)

Had a strange incident this weekend!

After my morning shower went into bedroom and began looking through my clothes and picked out several t shirts and tried them on before deciding which one looked best!!!

I have only had the choice of three for the last twelve months and usually grabbed which ever one was on the top of the pile!!

Omg I've started to be bothered again about what I am wearing!!

Think I'm changing into George Clooney!!! lol

(Janet says George from rainbow!!)

Back