• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

MR SLEEVE & MRS BYPASS - UPDATE

I use a rash guard, it's basically a swimming t-shirt that surfers ware. Even at my biggest I wore one I bought online, I made sure it was a few sizes bigger as they can be a snug fit. Didn't think it would but it boosted my confidence with swimming, especially going to and from the pool. They also have the added advantage of protecting you from the sun, so if on the beach on nice hot day you won't end up like a lobster ;) as for drawing attention, I found it actually lessened the looks and remarks of others which was an added bonus. Another upside as I haven't found a downside to them yet :) is as post surgery with the rapid weight loss comes looseness in the skin, the tops help cover this up but also if you start getting more body confident you can get tighter tops that hold all the loose skin in place :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

You are hilarious. Just take the plunge -noone will even notice or stare or give a monkeys as everyone, large, small, short and tall has there own issues and will be hoping you aren't looking at them.

Alternatively you could do what my mother did for me as a child and sew a towel with a drawstring around the neck and use that to disguise yourself until you get to the waters edge. lol x

:rotflmao: Hun just let it all hang out ... With limits of course :p
I'm about to embark on a cruise and intend to use the swimming pool a lot ..which means very wobbly arms and legs will be all out there. Not a pleasant sight so I hope its enough to scare folk off & clear the pool so I have it all to myself :).

You are hilarious. Just take the plunge -noone will even notice or stare or give a monkeys as everyone, large, small, short and tall has there own issues and will be hoping you aren't looking at them.

Alternatively you could do what my mother did for me as a child and sew a towel with a drawstring around the neck and use that to disguise yourself until you get to the waters edge. lol x

Lol.... My mum made me one of those!

Wednesday weigh in!

Janet has lost 1lb

I have lost 4lb this week! (WEEK 10)

This is the op that keeps on giving!

Janet is looking so much better for her weight loss but perhaps like all of us it is not happening quick enough on the scales! I am still playing hide and seek with the scales for her! She is so loving first thing in the morning with the words "right where have you hid the f***ers this time!"

I have had a bit of a downer this week (which is the first time since my op) mainly due to going clothes shopping for some trunks for my impending Bay Watch tribute act next week.

The thing is that all my clothes feel loose now and my confidence is improving greatly also, so when I went to a Decathlon store the other day I think I was going to try everything on in a size medium or something and be amazed!! The truth is I still had to buy a very large size to fit properly. I seem to be at a stage where I am lots thinner but body shape is not making it show on the size chart.

Hey don't get me wrong! This is the first time in years I have been out shopping for clothes in a store (except Asda last week on hols) and I went into the changing room to try stuff on!! Well I say changing room it was like some homemade TeePee hanging from the ceiling on a frame!!

Janet kept trying to open the curtain to see what the trunks looked like and I was trying to keep one hand on the curtain and pull the shorts on with the other! Then I thought it was funny to stick my finger through a waist high hole in the curtain pretending it was my manhood! Janet was laughing as I came out and then I saw a sales assistant lass stood nearby! Oh the shame!

Centre Parcs Monday! oh my!

Lol...excellent! Cheered my morning up reading this. Thanksxxx

Hi I'm sure you will be fine in your swimwear I'm actually off to centre parcs on Friday and have the same feeling about being in the swim suit but I'm taking my little boy and his friend and my husband if course so I'm just going to ignore everyone and just enjoy my family. Hope you have an amazing time xx

Had another brain wave!

Going to walk into pool backwards then if someone says look at that fat bloke coming out of the water! I will be going in instead! Simples!

Really just going to bite bullet and go in!
Got to stop this worrying about what people think! It really does spoil your life.

At the end of the day who cares what they think, you can't do anything about small minded people. Your putting to much energy into worrying, you've come a long way just enjoy your time together. If your that worried have a T-shirt made saying "if you think this is big you should have seen me last month".
We've all been there but the people your going with know your story so that's all that matters.
Have fun. Xxxxx

Hope you both have a fab time. I was stuck in traffic this morning so ended up people watching the pedestrians. I realised there were very few perfect figures walking past and i'm sure it'll be the same on holiday. x

Ditto that.... Whilst in Turkey this year noticed loads of overweight people this is now a world wide problem. But both you and your wife are grabbing it with both hands and kicking its arse. You go forks your doing great. X

Had to do a quick update from the isle of Centre Parcs!

Well went to sub tropical paradise last night and guess what? I didn't die of shame!!

Just pulled up my shorts and draped a towel round my shoulders, luckily at night they dim the lights and we just walked through and after dropping my towel onto the base of a fake palm tree went in the water!

We then had a lovely time with our family enjoying the water for nearly two hours!

We even went outside underneath the night skies! Truly amazing night and I could have easily stopped myself from enjoying that experience.

We even went bowling altogether and had a great time!

Got to go apparently its crazy golf before dinner!

Living the dream already and it can only get better!

Glad you are having a super time :)

Steve, I'm so happy for you and your family. You have created a wonderful memory, one that I'm sure you can think about the next time you consider not taking part in something. Loving you and your wife's story. X

Glad ur enjoying your first holiday as thiner people. Wwll done.x

What an amazing week!

Absolutely knackered, my knees are about to give in and Janet looks like she has done the London Marathon!! But we have loved it, went swimming twice and will definately be keeping that up now we are back.

Felt really tired today but thinking about the walking and outdoor stuff we have managed to do this week its no surprise, and really its only a few months since our surgeries!

Janet even went kayaking (my knees and back wouldn't have survived it)!

Lovely,active family break and all that worrying for nothing! Not got to let the demons get me or Janet down anymore!

Bring on the next holiday!! (after a little rest!)

Can't smile wide enough!

Back