• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ms R Simpkin's Post-Op Diary!

Yeah I'm doing ok thanks... I'm now 22 days out!!

I literally cannot wait for the puree stage, I'm struggling with liquids only now!!

How long are you on liquids for? They only put me on liquid phase for 2 weeks, then puréed for 4 weeks. I'm not even half way into the second week of liquids and I'm already sooo bored of soup! Haha. I can't imagine how you've coped for that long!

I was on it for 15 days pre op... and 4 weeks post op!!!! 5 and a bit days left! ;) x

Oh, so it sounds like I'll be starting the purée stage about the same time as you then. How long have you got to stay on purées?

I've just been downstairs for over an hour blending up a few batches of meals ready for the next stage. I have 3 fish pie, 3 lasagne, 2 chicken and gravy, and a cheesey beans (one of my favourite things! Yum!).

I've only got a few little pots, so I'll have to wait til they're frozen, pop them into sandwich bags and then make some more. I'm really excited for my cheesey beans! Haha!

2 weeks puree and 2 weeks soft food.

i can almost TASTE the cottage pie :drool:

I finally got some batteries for my scales. So, despite being a couple of days late for my 1 week weigh in, I decided to have a go anyways.

9 days post op, and I've lost...

*drumroll*

5kg!! :D

well done!!

Thanks guys! <3 I'm really chuffed about the loss!

So, I'm already getting sick of the same chocolate protein shakes, but can't really get out to get any more (had to ask my nephew to go pick one up for me). I really want a banana one!

So, I decided to experiment and came up with something pretty tasty! It's not a million miles from the plain chocolate one, but it just helps to vary things up a little. This is how I made it...

200ml Lactofree Skimmed Milk
1.5 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
1 tbspn NAS Butterscotch Angel Delight
1 tbspn Fat Free Cottage Cheese
2-3 Ice Cubes

I just blended the first 4 ingredients up really well (nothing worse than chunks of cottage cheese in your shake! Eww!), then when it was smooth, added the ice cubes and blitzed til they were crushed.

It's pretty yummy! Got a kind of toffee fudge sorta flavour to it. Makes a nice change! And it gives me 43g of protein in one hit! Not too bad, I think :D

Might try making one with coffee next time. Mmm, mocha! <3

Well, I going that my shake was sitting very heavy on my stomach and made me feel kind of bloated, so I only ended up drinking about 2/3 of it. Maybe 1 1/2 was too much. I'll try just 1 scoop next time.

I did nip round the shop earlier and found a ready mixed latte flavoured shake with 20g protein, so I'll try that tomorrow. It wasn't as expensive as some I've seen either, so not too bad. Also picked up a banana flavoured Weetabix shake. Not as much protein (9.8g), but... BANANA! Yum! Haha.

Also picked up some tinned meatballs to purée down and freeze. I know, they're full of absolute crap and not good for me, but I REALLY love them. So, I think having them on the odd occasion won't hurt.

Also found some Muller Light White Chocolate yoghurts! Oh. My. God! I ADORE white chocolate. And at 99 calories each... Why not? ;)

We've been invited round my nephews for "a few beers" tonight. Obviously, I won't be drinking, but there will be other family visiting that I haven't seen in a while, so I'll tag along.

I'm gonna take a cuppa soup and maybe a yoghurt with me, cos I've no idea how long we'll end up being there. But it will be nice to catch up, and not just through Facebook messages ;) lol

Currently sat here sipping on my Banana Weetabix drink. I bloody love ANYTHING banana flavoured, and this is no exception! Yummy! I may have to stock up on these! :D

Just got back from the relatives', 'twas a fun night sat in a room full of drunks, sipping on my squash. Still, was nice to catch up with family I haven't seen for ages!

Everyone decide to order some food from the Chinese takeaway later on in the night. I was actually getting a bit hungry by that time, so I had a chicken sweetcorn soup.

I strained it, but couldn't help but pick out a couple of chunks of chicken. I chewed the crap out of them til they were nothing but mush. It seems to have settled well in my stomach anyways.

I know I shouldn't really have had it, but I'm on the purées in a couple of days and I really chewed it until it was basically purée. So, yeah. That's my excuse ;)

Just stood slaving over a hot oven for hours to make Mr a Sunday dinner in a MASSIVE Yorkshire pudding, and all I could have was this slop. But, I should add, it was the best tasting slop I've eaten for weeks. No, make that months! Haha

image-1763434241.jpg

So, incase you haven't guessed, I started my purée phase couple of days early. I know I probably shouldn't, but I figured I've not really had a problem with anything I've eaten (drank) on the liquid phase and I've been eating foods like custard, which is almost as thick. And what's 2 days?

Shush! I can hear you judging me ;) lol

I'm happy to say, though. It went down well and seems to have settled nicely. No weird gurgly feeling, no dumping, no painful wind. I made sure to eat very slowly and stopped after 20 mins (ended up leaving a tiny bit).

I'm looking forward to my cheesy beans tomorrow :D

Last edited:
Didn't know Mueller light was doing white chocolate yoghurts now... Yum, but be careful, sugar content could be quite high. Calories might be low but you might still dump... Think it would for me. You won't know until you try though. You seem to be doing well X

Ines, I never even thought to check the sugar content. Despite knowing better, I still often forget that low cal does not necessarily equals low sugar and/or low fat!

I did try one the other day and didn't dump on it, it went down fine, but I've just checked and the sugar is actually pretty high. So, I'm luckily it didn't cause me to dump. I'll have to be more careful at looking at labels in future.

Even though they don't cause me to dump, it might be better to steer clear of them for now, due to the high sugar. Not a good habit to get into. Luckily Mr likes white chocolate, so I'll leave them for him.

I've just realised, I haven't actually posted my daily menu here for the past few days. I'll post them now. I want to keep a note of what I've been eating. So, here goes...

Day 9

B: Laughing Cow Light triangle
L: Broccoli & Cauliflower Cuppa Soup w/ 1T light Philadelphia stirred in
D: Chocolate Protein shake w/ 200ml Lactofree Skimmed milk
S: Laughing Cow Light triangle
F: 1litre NAS squash

Day 10

B: 2/3 of my Toffee Protein shake (a few posts above)
L: Muller Light White Chocolate yoghurt
D: Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese triangle
F: 1litre NAS squash

Day 11

B: Weetabix On The Go Banana shake
L: Broccoli & Cauliflower cuppa soup
D: 3/4 portion of Chicken & Sweetcorn soup from Chinese takeaway
F: 1litre NAS squash, 200ml fresh orange

So, thats what I've been eating for the past few days :D

Last edited:
In bed with a little glass of orange juice, watching some Star Trek: DS9, so what better time to update my diary? Been a pretty eventless day today. Mostly just rested in bed, had a play around on the laptop. Pretty boring!

Barely had any pain at all the past couple of days. The wind after eating and drinking is started to subside, so let's hope it won't last much longer.

Day 12

B: Muller Light Cappuccino yoghurt
L: Sausage & Beans purée
D: Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese triangle
F: 1.25 litre NAS, 100ml fresh orange

That sausage and bean slop I ate earlier kept me full for ages! It was probably only the equivalent of about 3 tablespoons, but I think eating some real food made a big difference! Heh :D

How are you finding the purée? I am struggling. I just can't stomach slop, just the sight makes me want to be sick lol.

X

Yeah, the sight of it is pretty off-putting and it takes a bit to get used to the texture. But, I'm finding the new taste, of REAL food, a nice change!

Have you tried puréeing whatever was your favourite food pre-op? It might help you to get over the texture if you're eat something you really enjoy the taste of. Maybe?

Yeah, the sight of it is pretty off-putting and it takes a bit to get used to the texture. But, I'm finding the new taste, of REAL food, a nice change! Have you tried puréeing whatever was your favourite food pre-op? It might help you to get over the texture if you're eat something you really enjoy the taste of. Maybe?

Yea I have tried lots of my fave meals, just can't do the texture, so I have been eating yoghurts, soups and mash and beans mashed up. Really need to find a way of getting more protein in though. May have to try some protein shakes.

Back