• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My A$$ Is On The Losers Bench !

sarahloveswelshcobs

One week ago today, I wasn't asleep and worrying about having a wrap at 11ish am.....

Today, I'm 10lb down :)

Sickness has gone, appetite is barely there (quite content on soup and liquids and the odd cheese triangle). More to the point, I'm now a post-op loser !

Can't wait..Op is in a couple of weeks and the further I go the harder it is to stand my reflection in the mirror. My 4 1/2 year old daughter told me this morning that my thighs looked bigger than they used to...Reading your stories make me feel better!

Kids are funny - mine is still concerned by the fact they stabbed mummy lots of times in the tummy. That's how he sees it ATM.

Had no choice. he came to hospital and went out for a while with my husband whilst i was in surgery. it was a bit of a shock for him when they came back and i was in the room with an oxygen tube on .....

he's. been really good though - he knows I shouldn't be lifting him, but having plenty of cuddles and keen to regularly climb on my knee.

Congratulations! It's best feeling in the world when you are losing those big numbers :) xx

Well done :) xx

Woohoo welcome to the losers bench :) x

from me phone :D

Hi Sarah, I'm planning on revision surgery from band to sleeve. I noticed that you'd been 'wrapped' by Prof Ammori. He is experienced in revision surgery so ismy preferred surgeon. Did you go to him directly or via an agent? Would you recommend him? Any advice grately received.
Cx

Hiya

message me if you like. I contacted him directly and he / his secretary are lovely to deal with as are the nurses.

There are many well respected overseas surgeons, but I really wanted to have it done in the UK.

I did my homework, and Prof. Ammori appears to be the best in the UK. He's done over 3000 bariatric operations...... tons of bypasses and sleeves, plenty bands - though not many wraps. I believe he is one of only 2 or 3 people in the UK doing wraps and I was no 10....

He did tell me he sorts out loads of problems with bands with patients who have had them done elsewhere in the UK or overseas. I know there were a couple of people in having band revisions whilst I was there. I got the feeling he's not very pro-bands !

I've had nothing but excellent advice and care. Yes - it's not cheap (but even the sleeve was several thousand cheaper than my local Spire!)

I'm very pleased with how things have gone and my recovery has been very fast.

Absolutely no regrets - apart from not having thought about it / having done it several years ago ! x

Good luck

Good to see your doing great, onwards and upwards from here we go :)

Back