• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Make some room on the losers bench - I've been banded!

Day 3 post op

Well I would be feeling fantastic if it wasn't for the wind pain. My left shoulder is in agony every time I stand up - but it I'm sat leaning over to the left then nothing. Therefore I'm spending far too much of my days sitting down. On the plus side though I'm belching and farting well so hopefully it will pass in a day or two.

I think I'm drinking enough, although I'm not too good with cold drinks so have been having lots of hot milk and milky coffee. I need to try to have more soup but I just don't have the appetite for it right now but I guess this will improve soon.

Franky I'm pleased to let you know that constipation is not a problem right now, although have some DulcoEase at the ready just in case.

Blanderbird I had the op at Dolan Park. They were really lovely there and made me feel at ease.

Im another Dolan Park Bander
so Hi
Yes wind pain is truly vile isn't it..But it passes quickly and then you will feel so much better xxx

PS
We must start a band support group at the dolan...I think 6 weeks on your own before first fill is a long time..I would love there to be a group to go too :)

I agree love my dietitian appointment got cancelled last month not heard since

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I'm behind you Minn, a support group there would be great.

Day 5 post op.

I thought that I would be ok to go into work tomorrow for a training day but there's no way I will be able to manage, I need to sit/lie on my left side so often to let the wind pain ease off. If it wasn't for that then I would be 100% normal. I get hungry but am managing fine with having soup and hot milk, no dizziness or weakness thankfully. The bruising around my wound is a beautiful shade of yellow and it looks like it has a lovely thick scab on so I guess it's healing well. That's it, that's my boring update for the day.

hi chunky chip, found this post helpful, got my appointment to discuss a band tomorrow xx

Haha Salty I'm a Chick not a chip :8855:

I'm pleased you find this useful, I wanted something I could look back and find it quite nice to write a couple of lines every day. Judging from your ticker you are at about the same start weight as me.

Day 6 post op

Soooooooo much better today with the wind pain, only had to sit down with it once. Yay!!!
I made a huge pan of broth and liquidised it into portions for the fridge and freezer.

So far today I have had:
Milky coffee x 2
Mug of tea x 2
Large glass of squash
Glass of smoothie x 2
Bowl of soup
Bowl of broth
Pot of low fat custard

Will probably gave another milky coffee and an ice lolly before bed.

Do you think that sounds ok?

hi chunky chick, apologies for getting your name wrong haha, my ticker is wrong it is meant to say 15 st 3 but I dunno how to change it.

did you take hot water bottle to hospital? thinking of going to dolan park xx

No I didn't take a hot water bottle with me. To be honest you don't really need to take anything apart from a dressing gown and slippers and some toiletries. I was out the same day as the op and up until my discharge I just slept on and off and watched tv. I took my kindle with a new book on it to read but was far too groggy for that.

Just had a call from them, they have booked my first fill for 8 Dec.

ahh great, so that's a month post op then? by the time you had fill? you have done so well :)

Just popping in to see how you are doing
You sound as though you have it down to a 'T' Im glad the wind pain is settling for you
keep us updated

PS
When I go for my fill next week I will suggest a support group and even offer to do all the sorting out so they only need to advertise and help with correct info etc

Wow that's amasing chunky chick xxx so happy for u all you girls are an inspiration to me

Day 11 post op

I can see the light at the end of the liquid tunnel. I'm feeling really hungry in the mornings and evenings, can't wait to get onto mushies now. I have enjoyed the liquid stage for the most part but it's getting a bit boring now.

I went back to work yesterday. It was absolutely fine apart from about 15 mins of severe shoulder/wind pain which stopped me in my tracks. Nobody at work knows that I have had surgery and I was paranoid that somebody would guess but it was all fine. I'm a shift worker so only had to do the one shift and I'm off again till Friday so I have eased myself back quite gently.

On the down side I have only lost half a pound in the last 4 days. Half a bloody pound!!! How can that be possible on liquids? It's not as If I have been liquidising chocolate bars and crisps.

Should the glue still be on my main wound? I don't know if I should pick it off or leave it for a while longer.

I can't seem to lose weight on liquids, even now when I have a fill I gain on the 2 days liquids. Trust that the weight will move.

I let the glue fall off, but had a panic attack when there was a bit of dissolvable stitch attached to a bit of glue as it fell off:)

3 and a half weeks post op

Getting ready to go onto normal food on Thursday, and I must say I'm a little scared of it. I love love love mushies, have lived off porridge, hot wetabix, cottage pie, fish pie, baked potatoes and cheesy scrambled eggs - totally lush.

The weight loss is slow, have lost 9 1/2 pounds since the op but it's all heading in the right direction so I just have to be patient. I'm feeling great though and in my head have lost more than the scales show.

Wounds are just pink lines now, gonna try using bio oil on them I think.

Need to start doing some exercise as all I do is walk my dog, although I have a very active job working 12.hour shifts so can't exercise on the days I work.

Well that's my boring little update. Tips on what foods to try in the first few days of normal eating would be very much appreciated x

Great news on the weight loss! I love mushies too, I think everyone does! However you need to move onto the crunchier stuff as the hunger will probably be returning with a vengeance soon..

Just try everything, but stick to your provider's guidelines.

Before I started having fills, nothing was a problem, even bread.

I still haven't tried rice though.

Good luck going back to normal food!

Thanks Banderbird, I guess you are just getting used to the crunchy foods and you get a fill putting you back to liquids and learning all over again. Have my first fill booked for 8 Dec, very exciting!

Back