• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My diary by Charliegirl

Actually better clear my last message up...nobody has ever compared Linda to Kim, its just that before we met up I wondered what I thought she would look like and for God knows what reason, I came up with Kim!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was wrong, lol x x x

Lisa just come in from work and read your posts you nutter you made me laugh....I loved them jeans as well boo hoo....and I am so glad I dont look like Kim lol...xx

yeah, similar but she's taller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol x x x

Just had to post an update I know I have already done one this week but hey ho its my diary lol....

I was in work this week when I received comments from different people that they can now see a difference in me, one said "I saw you walk to the toilet the other day and thought what a nice shape you have now"....also I have had lots of comments about the "new" me....one not so popular person in the room whilst doing a return call for me (I was on the radio) was getting a lot of abuse from the caller, she shouted at the top of her voice "Linda dont f**king ask me to call this woman again I am not paid to take this f**king abuse".....I just smiled at her....six months ago I would of stooped to her level and given her what for....a few minutes later she did the same again and I just shrugged. Everyone else was up in arms about how she spoke and I just said to the boss "will you be having words" and he did. She apoligised. Point I am making is I feel so good about my total new life (which is not just down to WLS) that I managed to cope with it now call myself Laidback Linda...we do laugh in work about things that no longer rile me....sorry if you found this boring it made more sense in my little head...xx

I know how you feel, My brother is going through difficuties at the min and the other day I was trying to help him out and he ended up swearing at me and putting the phone down,I called him back and was being so so nice didnt swear once and he started again and slammed the phone down on me, Ten minuites later I texted him and said, It didn't matter about this certain thing and that If I could help in any way I would, I also said, I hope he gets his life back on track and that i loved him, But I never got a txt back or a sorry and not heard from him since, anyways the point to all this is.. Once over I would have got on my high horse, but now I just think what a loser lol, and I would never stoop as low as him or anyone eles for that matter, I can happily sit back and Think, What a nice person I am lol.

Hi Linda you are doing so well, such an inspiration...can you tell me do you do anything to prevent yourself from getting loose skin or do you just think it is luck...im very bottom heavy and have visions of mass folds of skin hanging down!! ugh not a nice sight.
Lesleyxx

I know how you feel, My brother is going through difficuties at the min and the other day I was trying to help him out and he ended up swearing at me and putting the phone down,I called him back and was being so so nice didnt swear once and he started again and slammed the phone down on me, Ten minuites later I texted him and said, It didn't matter about this certain thing and that If I could help in any way I would, I also said, I hope he gets his life back on track and that i loved him, But I never got a txt back or a sorry and not heard from him since, anyways the point to all this is.. Once over I would have got on my high horse, but now I just think what a loser lol, and I would never stoop as low as him or anyone eles for that matter, I can happily sit back and Think, What a nice person I am lol.

Thanks for sharing chick...xx

Hi Linda you are doing so well, such an inspiration...can you tell me do you do anything to prevent yourself from getting loose skin or do you just think it is luck...im very bottom heavy and have visions of mass folds of skin hanging down!! ugh not a nice sight.
Lesleyxx

Hi Lesley todate I dont have any loose skin, I guess I am just very lucky. Also I only gained weight over the last few years so probably it has not stretched too much and finally I think it helped that my weight was all over and not in one main area. When I tell people I was 17 stone they say they never thought it as I carried it well....although it never felt that way to me....dont worry too much about it, you can apply for funding once you reach your goal and maintain they should help you out...good luck chick...xx

Thanks for that Linda, ill keep using the bio oil and do exercise so hopefully that should help..keep you updated.
xx

HI CG
you are doing so well, I look forward to reading your posts and your diary. You are one of the first people who answered my tonnes of questions when i first came on the site only a few months ago.
So thanks for letting me and the rest of us in on your progress and life Cant wait till I am getting comments and putting my diary on here and you all tell me how well i am doing (hopefully I will be)
Just cant believe in such a short amount of time how much you have lost and hard to say seemed to have gained too (not weight related though haha)
xx

Hello everyone, bit late with my diary this week, working shifts tends to disrupt so many things in my life lol...

Not been to get weighed yet this week due to being on the early shift so will probably leave it now until next tuesday so I am back on track. I have had to pull out my suitcases of clothes again and take out some more, still in size 16 but as they vary so much from shop to shop I am now in the cheaper size 16's that are cut a tad smaller than the more expensive ones. Some of the clothes I took out a few weeks back have been put back in as they now are too big!!! I wore a lovely pair of grey trousers to work the other day and thought I looked the bees knees until I went to the loo and caught sight of my rear in the full length mirror they were so baggy around my bum and did nothing at all for me. I spent the rest of the day sat down and they have been put back in the dark dark suitcase under the bed, they will next see the light of day when they get their mug shot taken so they can appear on ebay.

Now losing weight can have a downside to it with regards to green eyed monsters. I work with a 40 year old woman who starves herself as she is extremely unhappy in her home life and work life come to think of it. She looks very very ill and now her hair is falling out to match her terrible skin and skeletal body. She is constantly ill and is in denial about what she eats. We never see her eat at work unless its a plate of sliced peppers or a punnet of cherry tomatoes.. anyway my new happy self has been keeping everyone amused whilst at work (their words not mine). This person has not liked it and has proceeded to be jokingly abusive. Some of you may know I had a coffee date lined up from a chap on the internet, well there was the usual jokes going around which were funny until this woman decided to shout across the room to a new inspector "keep away from Linda she is so sexually frustrated we have to keep pulling her off door knobs"...this was then followed by 45 minutes of lets pull Linda down and show her to be incompetent. I was mortified and anyone that knows me will know I am broad minded but this over stepped the line. She then proceeded to address me by my surname for the rest of the shift and I went home seething. The following day we were off work and I logged onto face book to see she had written on my wall for all to see "You better come in walking like john wayne on monday or we are def putting bromide in your tea"....now if that had been in a private message it would of been ok but my family see this. I deleted it off and her and left it at that. A few days later in work I was working the radio (sorry if this is long and boring lol)..I asked her to make a call back to arrange an appointment (its part of the job to do this) she did and then suddenly shouted across the room "Linda dont you ever F**king ask me to call this woman again, I dont get F**king paid enough to take this f**king abuse from anyone" etc etc two minutes later, she was still on to the woman and did it all over again. I was dumbstruck!!! My team leader was sat there and did not bat an eyelid. Three people in the room complained to him and he spoke to her she came and said "sorry I did not realise it was so loud"...nothing about the aggression or the abuse mind you....and then justified her actions to me. This is from a woman who a few weeks ago asked to pick my brains about what to eat???? Now if you were wanting to put weight on would you ask someone that was losing weight what to eat?? I felt sorry for her and I still do I dont want people think I am a complete cow but there is more. I let all this go over my head (the old me would of been in tears from the start)....however she decided to start up with the abusive comments to another team we were working with and I kindly asked her to stop. She erupted into world war 3 and refused to speak to me, something you cannot do when working in a team. I tried to smooth the waters to no avail. The next day when she thought I was on a call she stood two feet away from me and proceeded to ***** to a team mate who was mortified as she knew I could hear what was going on.

So you see the top and bottom of this mammouth post is some people dont like the old me and some dont like the new me...but I did not like the old me but I am sure loving the new one.....I will remain forever grateful for me new zest in life....right you can all wake up now lol :8855::8855:xx

God Linda. No one should have to put up with that in the workplace. Not only is it totally unprofessional, it is probably affecting the whole team and not just you and her.

It might be wise to start keeping a diary of any of these episodes and then raising a formal grievance. I dont know whether this person is more senior to you, or vice versa but even so nothing can excuse that kind of behaviour.

Sorry you are having to go through this hun but on a positive note, its good to hear that you are stronger and able to cope with it better than you feel you would of when you were heavy.

I can't wait to hear your next weigh in. You are obviously still losing inches so I'm sure this will show on the scales.

hi linda, glad your enjoying your new found you, Its amazing how some people have to try and make everyones life a misery just because they are not happy. People will soon get bored of her constant abuse and *****ing and will either walk away or give her her answer. Its great to see you nit stooping to her level. The way you are dealing with it is probably annoying her more than if you had a slanging match with her. Your new found zest for life is shinig through in your post the chaliegirl that was around when I first joined minis. Keep enjoying life to the full linda, and sod those who don't like it.

All I can say is that jealousy shows itself in many forms.

P.S. stop threatening to put all ur clothes on e-bay, I want first dibs!!!!!!!!!

hey linda she sounds a cow!! but u are a queen for rising above her, i always think it is so sad when someone has to take their insecurities out on other people to try and make themselves feel better...hope things start to improve and i agree wiv sam about keeping a diaryxxxx

Thanks to everyone that has read and replied to my thread, glad to see you were not bored stiff! I have spoken to my Inspector about this staff member for his advice and also to just get it off my chest. He is appauled by it and once to issue her with a warning as he strongly believes she deserves it. I am reluctant to be the cause of such a thing going on her PDR, he is investigating further and I will let you know.

On a more positive note I posted on someone elses thread ages ago what I was looking forward the most to wearing and for me it was a pair of ankle crop jeans from next that are cut really nice. Only managed to wear them once and that was a squeeze well I have them on now and I love them lol....and no Lisa your not getting them...xx

You should not have to put up with it, and the minimum your supervisor should do is have a quite word with her to cool off with the threat of an official warning if she does not.

I have a sister visiting at the weekend LOL she doesn't know yet but i need tpo cloth shop, well my neice will also be with her so this could be amusing, at least it will be utilised to distract my niece from an exam she is undertaking on the sunday.

I am debating what to do with my already outgrown clothing.

Meanie!!! I'm actually finding it fun even joking about the fact that one day in the future I'll be needing a size 16.

Its only listening to everyones stories that make me think, blimey that might actually happen to me too x x x

Back