• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My first appointment was tonight!

phatmomma

Tonight was my first appointment and good news Anna and Mr Hartland both agreed to my gastric bypass, down side is that Anna recommended open surgery as my pct agree to more of them. I am apparently low risk for the operation which eased himselfs mind a lot.

Booked another appt for Dec 4th, not sure what for but only had to book one. I have approximately 6 month wait. Whooo hooo bring it on!:D

Lucky you lol my next appointment is not untill 11 december and i have got to see both Mr Khan and Dr Kendrick lol.

Thats fantastic news hun, Ben PCT normally only fund open. But the odd key hole does slip through the net 8OP

That's great news hun, and the 6 months are ideal for you to prepare both mentally and physically for the op :D:D:D

That's great news hun, and the 6 months are ideal for you to prepare both mentally and physically for the op :D:D:D

I know, am going to try and make an effort to eat better than i do and take more exertive exercise (gawd that is a mouthful).

MSB Who is Mr Kendrick?

Tonight was my first appointment and good news Anna and Mr Hartland both agreed to my gastric bypass, down side is that Anna recommended open surgery as my pct agree to more of them. I am apparently low risk for the operation which eased himselfs mind a lot.

Booked another appt for Dec 4th, not sure what for but only had to book one. I have approximately 6 month wait. Whooo hooo bring it on!:D

Julie what time on the 4th December????

he is the phyc(sp) and when Anna spoke to me today she said that everyone has to see him, but think she may be tellin me porkies and the appointment dept as they said they are fully booked till half way through decemember i think they may be trying to tell me something lol maybe they think im to loopy to have the surgery i bloody hope not

How wonderful!

Congratulations Phatmomma

You are now on your way.

Good luck

(((hugs)))

Great news Julie! You're now in the 'cooling off period' In your next appointment you will tell them whether or not you want the op (!!) and your case will go forward for discussion and funding application. This can take a few week. Don't worry about it - Dr. Hartland is the one who refers your case to BENPCT and he's not going to change his mind. After seeing Dr. Hartland you go along the corridor to Easibook. They will take your BP and send you to the loo for a urine sample. Sometimes they take blood but not always. Your next two appointments (pre op and anaethsetist) will come through the post after funding has been granted. I know it seems like a long wait but this is for the rest of your life so a few months is nothing in the greater scheme of things. All the best, Mxx

Julie what time on the 4th December????

Last one of the day, 3.50 Went for that as i start my new job in the next week or so and dont want to start losing time before i need too.........

Does that mean your in then?

Great news Julie! You're now in the 'cooling off period' In your next appointment you will tell them whether or not you want the op (!!) and your case will go forward for discussion and funding application. This can take a few week. Don't worry about it - Dr. Hartland is the one who refers your case to BENPCT and he's not going to change his mind. After seeing Dr. Hartland you go along the corridor to Easibook. They will take your BP and send you to the loo for a urine sample. Sometimes they take blood but not always. Your next two appointments (pre op and anaethsetist) will come through the post after funding has been granted. I know it seems like a long wait but this is for the rest of your life so a few months is nothing in the greater scheme of things. All the best, Mxx

Lol BEN pct will not fund my operation, but probably my pct Wolverhampton will lol. Thanks for letting me know what's what with regards to proceedure.

MSB Anna said nothing to me about the psych, she said i seemed very sure of what i wanted.. I thought i'd go in a whirling excited mess but i kept calm and tried to absorb all she said. I've to ring the dietician for pre-op diet and they gave me a booklet think they want me to start changing my eating habits now, which makes sense. Just need to sort out what diet they will give me because of my diabetes.........

I've waited 22yrs to get rid of the excess weight, 6 months is a ripple in the pond of life..

Health n happiness to you all xx

Blimey woman will you stand still for 1 minute :D I've just left a message for you on Walsall massiiiive
My appointment is for 3.10pm on the 4th December so i might still be there when you arrive:hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99:

They said to me that they thought I didnt need to see him but Leslie said she was busy and sent my appointment through the post and I got one for Mr Kendrick whom I must admit im shitting it as ive heard he can be hard to get past. what other appointments did they have as they told me today there is nothing till after 11/12/09

OK shall we meet and take a jog around West Park and stop at the Cafe for a cuppa and some carrot cake LOL

Your having a laugh aint ya? Jog? Moi? I dont think so Missy Miss lol. I've not been to West Park yet so would love to meet for a breathless walk around so long as we have coffee and very healthy veggie carrot cake lol...

MSB am sorry don't know what other appt's they had i just told her i wanted the latest one of the day i could have as i'll be starting my new job and don't want to have time off unnecessarily...... :(:(:(

he is the phyc(sp) and when Anna spoke to me today she said that everyone has to see him, but think she may be tellin me porkies and the appointment dept as they said they are fully booked till half way through decemember i think they may be trying to tell me something lol maybe they think im to loopy to have the surgery i bloody hope not

She is telling porkies there because I never saw him and know of several other patients that never went near him. Having said that a large proportion of patients do have to see him and most go on to have their surgery so I wouldn't worry.

Super news Julie, not long for you now then.

Last edited:
Back