• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My first appointment was tonight!

That's great news. The 6 months will fly by - you will be all clued up prior to the op from the forum!

Well done!

That's great news. The 6 months will fly by - you will be all clued up prior to the op from the forum!

Well done!

Have learned so much already, am so greatful that people can share their knowledge and experiences. I think the best post for me was Bonita's terrible experience because after reading it i see her coming out the other end and still a loser.

What more could i ask for?

Good luck julie x

great news! hopefully the time will fly by!

She is telling porkies there because I never saw him and know of several other patients that never went near him. Having said that a large proportion of patients do have to see him and most go on to have their surgery so I wouldn't worry.

Super news Julie, not long for you now then.

I didn't see him either! x

Hi julie,

I had a 12 month wait as Walsall opted for keyhole in the 1st instance I was getting so fed up waiting I was on the phone to them all the time, I wish they would have just opted for open and I probably would have had it done 6 months earlier, open is ok and less complications so good luck.

Take care Anez xxx

Hi julie,

I had a 12 month wait as Walsall opted for keyhole in the 1st instance I was getting so fed up waiting I was on the phone to them all the time, I wish they would have just opted for open and I probably would have had it done 6 months earlier, open is ok and less complications so good luck.

Take care Anez xxx

Thanks Anez, at first when they said open i took a deep mental breath but purely because i thought i'd recover quicker from keyhole. Am just glad to be in the system........:D

Julie you will be fine honestly. Ok so I had a set back, but I'm well on the road to recovery now and sooo glad I did it.

I am also sure that others that have had little setbacks like Kazzie and Topsy would say the same.

We now have a chance of a whole new hopefully less painfull life ahead of us, its worth putting up with a little discomfort now to gain that methinks.

I keep likening it to having a baby, bloody rough at the time, but when you see the end results you soon forget the pain.

Great news Julie your buzzing I can tell!what do they mean you are low risk?Anyway 6 months will fly and you can have a blowout for xmas!Hugs and kisses Marion

Dr Hartland said i was low risk, am not a smoker, not 'that' old lol and am not the heaviest who's been under the knife there. That made me laugh i tell ya.

Had a text today off an old b/f who keeps sniffing round (some men are dogs so figure its okay to call him that) so told my fiance i would share the news about my surgery with him. I know he loves bbw so the thought of me been slim will turn him right off lol... He comes back with "why you having surgery? there's nothing to you as it is" pmsl all 22st and 5ft 7'' of me. Well am chuffed now, i obviously am seeing a different person in the mirror to him lol

Back