• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Gastric Bypass Journey -Onwards and Upwards-Well this is a start

Have read through your thread Mandy, and am hoping all goes well and that you are not getting worried about the forthcoming op. You will soon be 'on the loosing side' as they say.

Keep us updated. Where are you having your op?

Gerry
:)

Hi Gerry thansk for your support I am having my op in the Spire in Southampton.....

Hows things going for you, are you feeling any better

xx

Hi Mandy

Not long at all now you will be fine though and like you say you'll soon be losing and feeling great, was thinking of you a lot over the weekend xx

Hi Mandy

Not long at all now you will be fine though and like you say you'll soon be losing and feeling great, was thinking of you a lot over the weekend xx

I can't wait and you will be there too soon......... Thank you for all your support it is fantastic

Your very welcome, you need to get hubby to send me a text when you've had your op cos I know everyone will be thinking of you xxx

Hi Nic

Send me your number and i will put it on phone, I have put a pre message in phone and saved so will send it when awake

Hi everyone, thank you for all your support and wishes........ feeling very down today, my dad who hasn't been in my life for 20 years walked back into it, last summer and we talked and he promised to make it up to me, he moveed to be nearer, but since he has moved I never see him and the only contact I have is if i make it...... his partner said he wanted to spend time with me........ just me so i arranged for hubby and son to do golf on a Tuesday and dad to come to me and spend time with me, well last night was supposed to be the first time and he didnt show...... I am so trying not to get upset but it hurt!!!!!! I am being stubborn and refuse to call or text him, and I know that if i did i would just end up being nasty.......

I knew that i shouldnt of let him back into my life, but i really thought and hoped he had changed, looks like i was wrong......

Sorry for ranting everyone........

think sub conciously the op is there and i am worrying about that too.... still not long to go

Morning Everyone

I woke up this morning in a great mood.... relised this time next week i will either be waiting to go to theartre or of had my op and be starting a new life path...... How exciting...................

I do admit that I am a tad nervous with it, and it is on my mind alot but i know with the support from everybody on here i will get threw this......

Think the sunshine helps me think more positively...... mind you with my office being 20feet underground don't see much of it......... cant believe one more day and then the weekend, then I am only in work on Monday and that is me finsihed.........

Going to get my eyebrows, and legs waxed, and have my epiprobe on Tuesday, then on Wednesday meeting up with some friends in afternoon before school run and then that is it..........

Hope you are all doing well, and those who are losing are happy and those who like me are waiting are even happier looking forward to the new you.......

xxxxx

Hi Mandy

So sorry to hear about your Dad and no I don't think your being awkward, it was so unfair of him to do that to you.

As for your op, I'm getting excited for you hun and will be with you all the way. I will send my number on a private message.

Chin up chick

xx

Hi Mandy

So sorry to hear about your Dad and no I don't think your being awkward, it was so unfair of him to do that to you.

As for your op, I'm getting excited for you hun and will be with you all the way. I will send my number on a private message.

Chin up chick

xx

Thanks hun.... I knwo I can't wait......... as for my dad I am not going to bother with him, he can come to me... I have manged for 20years without so another 20 wont make a bit difference....

How are you hun....

Hi mandy

First Things First

Get your operation out the way try not to worry about otyher things that will stress you out.
When your done you will be surpreised on how much more of life you want to take part in. And i mean straight away, its like a big wieght off your shoulders get the op done and dusted.
The thing with your father can wait untill your ready now. As this time its all about YOU!! noone else

Im always here to help or be a shoulder to cry on so dont be shy give us a shout.

Mark

Thanks Mark.......

I am more positive today, The thing with my father will never change.... he left me when I was 13 at the time when i needed him most, then when he came back after 20years promised the earth, my sister previously had dealings with him and he did the same to her as he is to me..... him or mother have any respect for there kids and in fact should never ever of had children..........

I however as a child douted on Daddy and he was my idle, and in many ways although i had grown up a lot i think sub consciously wanted to be daddys little girl and believe he wasn't a B****** but again he has disappointed me........ the difference being I feel awful I let him in my sons life thinking he had changed and he hasn't and i wont let my son be let down like he did me... I told him that!!!!!!

Although my father and mother have divorced and have been for near on 20 years they both still very much deserve each other..... although I am sad and upset I need to think about and concentrate on 1... MY OP
2... My Husband & Son - they are my family and have been more to me than anyone in my whole life.....

I actually completed my will the other day, have been doign for ages but finally decided I needed to do it and file it, and i have actually stipulated that if anything was to ever in my life happen to me My mother is never to know.... some people may think this is harsh or awful but i look at it as she has never been part of my life, never shown any love or remorse for her doings, so she has no RIGHT to know about me or my family, that has taken me a long long time to finally accept taht she is not a mother and that she will never ever be a mother, and truthfully I am starting to feel exactly the same way about him....

Sorry to rant Mark.......

Thank you so much for your kind words and support it means alot to me......

Hi Mandy,
I'm so glad you're feeling better and trying to not stress about it all. Thanks for your email etc. Wow, not long to go now. I'm actually starting to feel excited for you! I wish I was getting mine out of the way that soon. Will your hubby text me too to let me know how it went etc? The days will fly by now.
Speak soon,
Sara

Thanks Mark.......

I am more positive today, The thing with my father will never change.... he left me when I was 13 at the time when i needed him most, then when he came back after 20years promised the earth, my sister previously had dealings with him and he did the same to her as he is to me..... him or mother have any respect for there kids and in fact should never ever of had children..........

I however as a child douted on Daddy and he was my idle, and in many ways although i had grown up a lot i think sub consciously wanted to be daddys little girl and believe he wasn't a B****** but again he has disappointed me........ the difference being I feel awful I let him in my sons life thinking he had changed and he hasn't and i wont let my son be let down like he did me... I told him that!!!!!!

Although my father and mother have divorced and have been for near on 20 years they both still very much deserve each other..... although I am sad and upset I need to think about and concentrate on 1... MY OP
2... My Husband & Son - they are my family and have been more to me than anyone in my whole life.....

I actually completed my will the other day, have been doign for ages but finally decided I needed to do it and file it, and i have actually stipulated that if anything was to ever in my life happen to me My mother is never to know.... some people may think this is harsh or awful but i look at it as she has never been part of my life, never shown any love or remorse for her doings, so she has no RIGHT to know about me or my family, that has taken me a long long time to finally accept taht she is not a mother and that she will never ever be a mother, and truthfully I am starting to feel exactly the same way about him....

Sorry to rant Mark.......

Thank you so much for your kind words and support it means alot to me......

Mandy when i read its never a rant. I have a simular problem but with my sisters. One became a millionair who was so tight she wouldnt even help our mother out when she needed medical care and went on holidays instead. And the other sister made up stories about our father just to get attention.

so i do feel your pain, Now i just block them out and get on with my life . the family you have is what count which you do know and they sound very loving and supportive as mine are.

Plus reading others people problems helps you realise that your just human after all and not alone.

Im looking forward to you getting your op sorted then you will be happy as larry again. bright eyed and bushey tailed :D

Hi Mandy,
I'm so glad you're feeling better and trying to not stress about it all. Thanks for your email etc. Wow, not long to go now. I'm actually starting to feel excited for you! I wish I was getting mine out of the way that soon. Will your hubby text me too to let me know how it went etc? The days will fly by now.
Speak soon,
Sara

Hi Sara,

Hope you are doing and your partner is getting better..... yes will text you and let you know how I am........

Speak soon
xx

Mandy when i read its never a rant. I have a simular problem but with my sisters. One became a millionair who was so tight she wouldnt even help our mother out when she needed medical care and went on holidays instead. And the other sister made up stories about our father just to get attention.

so i do feel your pain, Now i just block them out and get on with my life . the family you have is what count which you do know and they sound very loving and supportive as mine are.

Plus reading others people problems helps you realise that your just human after all and not alone.

Im looking forward to you getting your op sorted then you will be happy as larry again. bright eyed and bushey tailed :D

Its true what they say you can't choose your family...... very true Mark about having a loving family already thats all i need....

Thank you for your support means alot
xx

Been glued to your thread for the last few days - wishing you lots of luck and a speedy recovery! Can't wait to hear all about how it goes but will be thinking of you ;)

Back