• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Gastric Bypass Journey -Onwards and Upwards-Well this is a start

Hiya Mandy. You are doing really well hun! I too can't do white bread, I can do brown bread but it has to be well toasted. I had someone recommend milk bread as it is not as doughy. You could give a try. As for BM, I have heard that prune juice works as well as a good hit of vit c to make things happen.

Hope you are feeling well otherwise.

Nic;)

Well done Mandy :D
xx

Hi Mandy, Just wanted to say How fantastic you are doing and really pleased for you,
Sorry to hear about your incident this morning though, ONly thing I can sugest for bowel movements is plenty of fresh fruit.
Sorry I'm not much help, but really just wanted to wish you well. x

Thanks hunny..... try the fruit, doesn't seem to be helping to much...... Thank you for support thoughxxxx

Hi Mandy I too struggle with Rice and only mix a tiny bit into a curry or chilli but much before noodles now. I also have problems withe bread but I get a bit of crusty bread and pull out most of the doughy bit before putting a small sandwich together only do it now and then though. You doing great though and after meeting Nic last week I cant wait to meet you as well we had such a laugh...xx

Hi Hunny, I can't do crusty bread either.... me and bread just aren't friends anymore, i used to like wraps but even they play havoc........ if i make anything like chilli, bolognese etc I just have the sauce....... best way for me at moemnt.... I am goign to arrange to come up and see Nic soon..... so maybe we can meet up thenxxxxx

Hiya Mandy. You are doing really well hun! I too can't do white bread, I can do brown bread but it has to be well toasted. I had someone recommend milk bread as it is not as doughy. You could give a try. As for BM, I have heard that prune juice works as well as a good hit of vit c to make things happen.

Hope you are feeling well otherwise.

Nic;)

Hi Nic, thanks..... I can do tesco finest brown bread but only toasted...... and like you say well toasted!!!!

Thanks for suggestions on BM... don't like prunes so not sure that will work, but may think about trying it,, I have been having a class of orange or apple or cranberry juice in mornings but not movign me.......

Your doign fantastic Well DOne

Well done Mandy :D
xx

Thank You xxx

Just a Brief Update

Hello guys,

Sorry not been on for a while, I have been on vaguley and read some threads, but to be honest my head isn't in a very good place at present!!!!

Any of you who suffers from depression will understand how it is, but I do think about you all.....

I am doing ok,

Speak soon

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry to hear you are not on top form Mandy.

To have lost over 8 stones, I can only imagine what your mind must have to go through. It must feel amazing every time you see those scales drop, but I am aware that the journey is a lot more complex than any number.

thinking of you hun and hoping you are in a better place soon xxx

Hi Sam

Thanks for your support, means alot...........

Had a day of yesterday and got another one tomorrow... but have to say I am quite tired at moment, not sure why.... but doing ok

hi chick sorry to hear your feeling low....I am here if you want a chat I have text you my landline in case you ever feel the need. Dont ever think your alone....hope things get better for you ((((((((((hugs))))))))))...xx

We all get good and bad days chick, we have to learn to roll with the band ones although its not always easy. I posted on another thread about some of the girls in work being jealous of the new me. I know its because they feel threatened by this change but I am not one for rubbing things in there faces. I did not go in and tell them I had got into a size 14 (they are all skinner than me), and when I lark about the I make sure I am the butt of the jokes not them but I so feel I cannot be myself in work. It gets hard as I am there for 10 hours,if I keep myself to myself they will say I am aloof, so I cant win either way.....I was warned when I applied for the job that the environment was very *****y so I should of known better....but hey hindsight is a wonderful thing lol...xx

Sorry you are having a rough patch dear. That is the thing about depression, it takes hold of your life and you feel powerless. Just know that you have support here and can pour your heart out in the safety of friends. We have lots of ears & shoulders between us and they are available to you no strings attached.

Giant-sized hugs to you and I hope that the fog clears soon so you can enjoy your brilliant success.

Nic:):):)

Hi Nic

Thank you so much, I don't post on here cause I feel it isn't fair too, when most of you are so happy, it isn't nice me coming on with my downs, on the other side I know people must think is she nuts she has had the best operation of her life, losing weight looking good and feeling good but she is depressed......

Like you say if you suffer from depression it is hard, I have a friend that tells me how wonderful I am and how well I cope I hate it when she tells me this cause I don't feel I have achieved anything, I have survived that is all, whilst this might seem a lot in my world it isn't very much......

I hate feeling how I do, but nothing I say or do stops these thoughts or feelings......

Thank you for your support

Hi Nic

Thank you so much, I don't post on here cause I feel it isn't fair too, when most of you are so happy, it isn't nice me coming on with my downs, on the other side I know people must think is she nuts she has had the best operation of her life, losing weight looking good and feeling good but she is depressed......

Like you say if you suffer from depression it is hard, I have a friend that tells me how wonderful I am and how well I cope I hate it when she tells me this cause I don't feel I have achieved anything, I have survived that is all, whilst this might seem a lot in my world it isn't very much......

I hate feeling how I do, but nothing I say or do stops these thoughts or feelings......

Thank you for your support

hi mandy, please dont feel you shouldnt post because you are down, this is when you must speak to people, everyone here is so friendly and supportive as i know you are aware...friends are together through the bad times as well as the good, so please know you are in everyone's thoughts and keep on posting..sending you a big hug lesleyxxxxx

Mandy I agree with Lesley the forum is here for all people in all times good or bad and lets face it when things are going bad thats when we need the support. So dont you feel bad about coming on here or else :copon:(sorry I cant stop using this one)....also Mandy just because you have had the surgery and lost weight does not mean your depression will go away. There are two types of depression one is due to chemical inbalance and the other is due to the crap life throws at us. If a person has never felt depressed or really low during their life time they are very very lucky. I know you have had a rotten time and you should be allowed to work through it at your own rate and if it means you feel down sometimes we are here to pick you up. Dont ever feel you are alone or cant tell some or all of us. Lord knows at times I need someone my poor cats are great at listening but they dont go and make a brew afterwards or give me a hug...believe it or not if I need a hug (and we all do at some point) I have to go get one off my elderly neighbour. My daughter used to fill that position but its now been a year since we spoke. If you must worry, worry about the things you cant change not the ones you can and remember your amongst friends here....(((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) xx

Thank you lesley, Does mean alot especially now, desperately hard trying not to cry!!!!!, not good when your in an office and front of house!!!

I completely understand what you are saying, but have been hurt so many times it is hard, see from experience when you are depreesed people don't want to know!!! well the people I have had in the past - It is so hard to not look and examine and blame myself for the years and years of abuse! and sometimes the abuse that still goes on...... mentally that is...

sorry if not making myself clear

hi mandy, please dont feel you shouldnt post because you are down, this is when you must speak to people, everyone here is so friendly and supportive as i know you are aware...friends are together through the bad times as well as the good, so please know you are in everyone's thoughts and keep on posting..sending you a big hug lesleyxxxxx

Oh linda, if only you knew what your words mean!!!!!!!

Personally I can not understand why your daughter doesn't talk to you, I would love a mother like you, to hug me feel proud of me, celebrate with me, and at my sons achievements.... I now put it down to me being un lovable, I feel that in a past life I must of been an awful person.... cause I can't think of any reason why someone would throw this much S*** at one person......

Knowing my mother doesn't love me and that she prefers her son the peodophile destroys me.......

I hoped that having the op would help with my depression help me become stronger and fight the demons, yes it has a bit but knowing i can no longer comfort eat doesn't help me.....

Everyone say good old Mandy, do anything to help others, or throw the crap at her she can take it.... yes I get up I go to school and yes I try to lead a "normal" Life, but it is so hard when I have no life in me......... Yep you guessed it I am totally screwed up!!!!!!

Thanks for the hug - can feel it

Mandy I agree with Lesley the forum is here for all people in all times good or bad and lets face it when things are going bad thats when we need the support. So dont you feel bad about coming on here or else :copon:(sorry I cant stop using this one)....also Mandy just because you have had the surgery and lost weight does not mean your depression will go away. There are two types of depression one is due to chemical inbalance and the other is due to the crap life throws at us. If a person has never felt depressed or really low during their life time they are very very lucky. I know you have had a rotten time and you should be allowed to work through it at your own rate and if it means you feel down sometimes we are here to pick you up. Dont ever feel you are alone or cant tell some or all of us. Lord knows at times I need someone my poor cats are great at listening but they dont go and make a brew afterwards or give me a hug...believe it or not if I need a hug (and we all do at some point) I have to go get one off my elderly neighbour. My daughter used to fill that position but its now been a year since we spoke. If you must worry, worry about the things you cant change not the ones you can and remember your amongst friends here....(((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) xx

Mandy we have been through similar things it will get better. My mum did not love me and I found it really hard, she told me from an early age she wanted a boy as she had two daughters already. I was constantly constantly told I was stupid all my life and when you get told often enough you believe it. When anything would go wrong in work or home I would think it was my fault and say the same as you I must of been really bad somewhere. I thought I did not deserve to be loved or even liked and that the only thing I was good at was grafting hard. I was in an abusive relationship and everytime he punched or kicked me in the face he told me how worthless I was and how much I deserved it. But one day the worm turned and I beat the crap out of him....it was the start of a long and slow learning curve. I moved away and started again from scratch and slowly built up my life. I was sick of going on anti depressants and wanted a permanent solution and argued with the GP for congenative behaviour thearpy to actually change the way I felt about things. I was put on the waiting list 29 months ago!!! and still waiting but in that time I have managed to slot the pieces in place myself. I have a good few years on you so have had longer to get to where I am now but believe me hun it will all click into place. You have to start loving you first and foremost. I was told this thousands of times and in the end I know I am a lovely decent person and no one and nothing will take that away from me....to realise it is like being handed a million pound but worth far more....you will get there chick and once it clicks you will know what I mean....until then hold on tight and roll with it. If people dont understand you find some that do...I got to a point where people that were holding me back had to go and they were shocked over this but I have no regrets....(((hug))xxx

mandy if only surgery was the answer to all our problems although it fixes one aspect of it there are many others that make us the person we are. If only they could do something with these others in surgery. WE are here for the good times and the bad as nic said we have lots of ears and shoulders and no strings attached. Its not only that some of have gone through exactly the same or very similar situations mandy, but that we all have issues that are linked to our weight. When we have surgery and then there is nothing to replace food as our comfort blanket what do we do then but bottle it up because we should be happy thay we are healthy and be given a second chance. But it doesn't work like that chick, we all need a shoulder to lean on and have a good cry on and thats whats great about minis is you can chat and moan and whinge and just get things off your chest with out feeling bad or making anyone else feel bad, because we do understand and are here for you? Yes you are a wonderful person, whos is just having a bit of a bad time at the minute.

Back