• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Gastric Bypass Journey -Onwards and Upwards-Well this is a start

well i will be thinking of you. seriously i would consider some counselling...i currently am on the waiting list for counselling for anger management/ personality disorder in the public system[equivalent to nhs in Dublin] .

unfortuately i have to wait five months as i am only a marginal case . if you speak to your dr he may be able to organise counselling or at least support from mental health crisis team while you wait

your not horrible like me

hi chick, we are not just here for you when you r food demons we are here for anything you need us to be. The support on here is unconditional. You are right your security blanket of food is no longer there, but you have a bigger security blanket in us minis. There is normally always someone about even if we have no advice a problem shared is a problem halved. There are many people who will understand where you are coming from and your relationship with food. I for one no that I am going to struggle whn things arn't going to plan and I can't eat myself better. You keep posting girl it seems to be helping as you seem a lot brighter this morning.

You have my mobile number and you know where I am if you need to chat, don't be afraid to pm or send me an email, I am on here most of the time lol.

Take one thing at a time and you will get there here is the biggest hug coming your way :gen126: :hug99:

Thank you Teri.... means alot... as you say one thing at a time.....xxx

well i will be thinking of you. seriously i would consider some counselling...i currently am on the waiting list for counselling for anger management/ personality disorder in the public system[equivalent to nhs in Dublin] .

unfortuately i have to wait five months as i am only a marginal case . if you speak to your dr he may be able to organise counselling or at least support from mental health crisis team while you wait

your not horrible like me

I have got the numbers for the crisis team... and I will be using them..... I have got a few goals i have set myself so i think that is a start!!!!!!!

Unfortunately Dr says i may have to pay for the therapy as hampshire trust won't provide any!!!!! but he is looking into it.... I am determined to get threw this... I have relised that I can do this yes it is goign to be bloody hard.... but will sooooooo be worth it... and I have the support of my wonderful friends here on MInis.....

Your not horrible so don't think thatxxxxxx

thats an awlful tragedy that there is no counselling available when your really struggling.

at least you have the crisis team numbers.

i am glad you have set yourself goals and i have no doubht you can and will get through this..and yes will be worth it in the long run

i am just sad to see you have not got access to counselling..and such limited support during such a difficult time for you

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
thats an awlful tragedy that there is no counselling available when your really struggling.

at least you have the crisis team numbers.

i am glad you have set yourself goals and i have no doubht you can and will get through this..and yes will be worth it in the long run

i am just sad to see you have not got access to counselling..and such limited support during such a difficult time for you

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I am not letting it beat me.............. so don't worry and I have all the support her on minis and that is what counts........... i will get therexxxxxxxxx

chin up girl, you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. treat yourself to something nice before this last leg.

Thanks for the email Mandy. I will be checking it to see your progress. I'm so pleased that you're in fighting mode now. The song "Let's face the music and dance" springs to mind. I can't believe that your GP can't get you free counselling. Keep hassling them. Never give up!
I think the book idea is great. There's nothing better than writing yourself better!
Gordon's getting better day by day, but I'm staying at home with him tomorrow again because he can't get up on his own because of the operation wound on his chest. I don't want to leave him alone because I know he needs to rest and will end up lying down and either being stuck there all day or forcing himself up and bursting those stitches. So I'm still playing nurse..

Good Morning Mandy.

How are you feeling this morning chick?

Thanks for the email Mandy. I will be checking it to see your progress. I'm so pleased that you're in fighting mode now. The song "Let's face the music and dance" springs to mind. I can't believe that your GP can't get you free counselling. Keep hassling them. Never give up!
I think the book idea is great. There's nothing better than writing yourself better!
Gordon's getting better day by day, but I'm staying at home with him tomorrow again because he can't get up on his own because of the operation wound on his chest. I don't want to leave him alone because I know he needs to rest and will end up lying down and either being stuck there all day or forcing himself up and bursting those stitches. So I'm still playing nurse..

Hi Sara

Thank you so much for your support and with all the projects you are giving me i know it will help!!!!!

Hopefully I will also get my call from RASAC very soon so that will help.... There are all steps in the right direction!!!

The song Step by Step Day by Day not sure who sung that one but sure keeps me motivated at moment...

So do you have the Nurses Uniform all ready..... I am sure he is enjoying all the love and attention you are giving himxxxx

Will email you in a while
xxx

In some ways he's doing OK but in others he's not. He still won't eat much and that is very worrying. He's still itching too and the vet is at a loss to explain it. The wound from the abscess looks good though, no sign of infection.

I'm very happy that you are more perky :D

In some ways he's doing OK but in others he's not. He still won't eat much and that is very worrying. He's still itching too and the vet is at a loss to explain it. The wound from the abscess looks good though, no sign of infection.

I'm very happy that you are more perky :D

Im definetely not perky hun!!!!!!! just trying not to let this win!!!!!!! actually sat here in work and getting more and more wound up!!!!!!

How's everything else.... We must arrange a meet.... we have both been terrible for keeping in touch, but then you not been well and with Dennis too and me and my problems........ :eek:

Back