• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my highs and lows, ups and downs

lyndajoan said:
hi everyone this is my thread i think??????/

well i went to murrayfield seen mr javad and it has been decided a bypass will be the best thing.

but because i have had dvt i have to go to my local hospital and have a venous cava filter inserted
through my groin to by my heart and then it opens
like a umberella and will catch any blood clots if they come loose to protect my lungs and my heart.

so if i did not have to have that i would of well had my surgery.
but at least i can rest assured that they are doing every thing to protect me while haveing this opp.

any today i got a call from the lovely lesley
who is the secutery for gravitas in murrayfield
and i have a provisonel appointment for feb the 21st 2012
so every thing crossed, thing will start moving in the right direction,
i carnt really complain as in all i have been waiting 18months for my opp.

well thats were i am up to for now
i have enjoyed reading up on all your posts
and thanks to thoses who have sent me a p.m.
to see how i was getting on.xxxxxx

That's great news Hun , at least the have a date for you , I go in for my op on Monday to murryfield , went there today for more blood test as tuesdays. Result came back with anti bodies xx all the best with your journey xx

Yah Linda :) About time, honey. They are erring on the side of caution which is always good for you & you can have your op knowing they have done everything they could possibly do to protect you :) Peace of mind, lovely xxx

Great news Lynda,my op was done on 21st feb last year and cant believe how fast this year has gone,Murrayfields is lovely and the aftercare 2nd to none.Maz x

Aw Lynda, that's fab. And great to know they are taking all sensible precautions for you x

Great news hun congrats x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

thanks every one for your kind words and replys
they really mean a lot,
i am feeling a bit sad well not that sad but a little

the reason being is everyone who was due to have the opp
at the same time frame as me differant hospitals like

well they have all well and truley been bypassed,
sleeved, or banded.

i know having this vinous cava filter in will be the best thing
tom protect me but i am wondering will they
find something else to hold up this opp

dont get me wrong i know they are all looking after me
and it will be my turn befor i know it on that loosers
bench i just want to get it
over and done with so i can set my yearly goals

i am not setting things weekly looking at the long term i think is better then no disappointments,

any way rant over i am a little impatiant i know. xxxx

hi lovely people i am still here not posting much but still lurking. i find this forum to be the best for support , information, and such. i have not heard anything from the hospital about this filter i have to have. my legs are really swollen at the moment and i am retaining a lot of warter about 10pound in weight worth. i have just got myself a rise and recline electric chair as i feel this will be invaluable to me after my opp when i am swollen and sore, mind you its not bad now to keep my legs elivated. so thats were i am up to at the moment it looks like this provisional date for the 21st feb may come and go without me haveing my op but not to worry it will be my turn one day and i am happy with that. xxxxx

Aw good luck hun hope ur op happens soon ;) n they sort ur fluid retention out :) n enjoy ur chair :) xx

hi all i have just recived a letter to have this vino cava filter fitted on the 20th feb. i have to stop taking my warferin tommorrow and go to the hospital on the sun to have blood taken then nil by mouth fron 12pm then the next day go back at 8am for it to be inserted. so it looks like the provisonal date the 21st feb for my surgery will come the true date i am soo excited it felt like it was never going to happen. xxxx

Aw thank you, its still there but should feel slightly better tomorrow :) Xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Aw that's great news Hun so pleased for u :) xx good luck xx

hi evryone well tomorrow i have this vina cava filter inserted, and then tue i have my surgery i have reserched asked questions watched things like u tube so i feel quite prepared. i have shopped for the foods or should i say fluids i should have at the begining. the feeling i have is of excitment really i am a little bit scared but thats to be exspected, hopefully if i keep to everything which i am determend to do i will be able to walk some distance cos at the moment i cant simple thing like taking my nephew to feed the ducks in the local park are out so a year from now he will only be one and a half so theres still hope yet. i know i am going to have some loose skin but i will try my hardest to reduce this by swimming and excersising the best i can. well thats it for now i will be taking my lap top to murrayfield so i can keep up with every thing. xxxxx

Good luck hunni ull be fine look forward to ur updates when ur up 2it xxx

Thanks everyone and i certainly will update, cos this forum is a mine of information and i have learnt alot from it. xx

Back