• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my highs and lows, ups and downs

letter in post

recived letter in post today off spire regency hospital.
it says for me to contact them reg my referrel for bariatric surgery.
and for me to contact them in order to proceed with referral.
going to call them on mon 28.11.11.
fingers crossed i tick all the boxes. xxx

:553:

Exciting ! Fingers x'd for Monday x

recived letter in post today off spire regency hospital.
it says for me to contact them reg my referrel for bariatric surgery.
and for me to contact them in order to proceed with referral.
going to call them on mon 28.11.11.
fingers crossed i tick all the boxes. xxx

:553:

Sure hope so sugar ...let us know asap what they say. :) Glad your legs are on the mend too, must be a relief xxx :):)

Yes Best wishes for Monday : D

Great news good luck for Monday n glad the water retentions gone :) x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Im booked in for 28th december but ive just read an awful story about when going down for the op and being stapped to the table and not being knocked out straight away! can you please give me some details of your experiences from leaving your room to the point of being asleep!

hi tray82 never heard nothing like this befor but there is always someone somewhere trying to scare monger where did you read this.???

lyndajoan said:
hi tray82 never heard nothing like this befor but there is always someone somewhere trying to scare monger where did you read this.???

I agree. Sounds like someone is being mean :(

I thought that they did lightly strap you to the operating table so that they can roll the table each way so that they can get to your insides better. I am sure that they will inform you as they are doing it so that you are not frightened. I mean you wouldn't want to fall on the floor would you? Haha I just had an awful thought of them trying to pick me up!!! Haha

susielicious said:
I thought that they did lightly strap you to the operating table so that they can roll the table each way so that they can get to your insides better. I am sure that they will inform you as they are doing it so that you are not frightened. I mean you wouldn't want to fall on the floor would you? Haha I just had an awful thought of them trying to pick me up!!! Haha

Not while you are awake. You are on a bed with sides while you are awake. They put you out, then pat slide you onto the operating theatre.

I walked into the theatre and got on the operating table myself. There were 2 padded foot plates at the end of the table that i had to press my feet against, as they tilt your body to a semi standing position to do the op, this allows the bowel to drop down to the lower abdomen naturally, out of their way. I was then told to stretch out my arms onto two arm rests so they could put all the monitoring equipment like blood pressure and anaesthetic etc in their easy reach. A mask was put over my nose and mouth and i breathed some gas in, something was injected into my canula that made me feel drunk, then she put me to sleep. I was not strapped to the table at all, they may have when i was asleep but certainly not while I was awake. Hope this sets your mind at rest. x

Thanks Marie :)

Started to think did I forget if I got strapped down before my op earlier this year lol

I just don't want to fall on the floor. They would never get me up!!! Haha

susielicious said:
I just don't want to fall on the floor. They would never get me up!!! Haha

They do so many of us large people, they must have ways and means if keeping us off the floor lol

Oh cue for a song...

hi everyone this is my thread i think??????/

well i went to murrayfield seen mr javad and it has been decided a bypass will be the best thing.

but because i have had dvt i have to go to my local hospital and have a venous cava filter inserted
through my groin to by my heart and then it opens
like a umberella and will catch any blood clots if they come loose to protect my lungs and my heart.

so if i did not have to have that i would of well had my surgery.
but at least i can rest assured that they are doing every thing to protect me while haveing this opp.

any today i got a call from the lovely lesley
who is the secutery for gravitas in murrayfield
and i have a provisonel appointment for feb the 21st 2012
so every thing crossed, thing will start moving in the right direction,
i carnt really complain as in all i have been waiting 18months for my opp.

well thats were i am up to for now
i have enjoyed reading up on all your posts
and thanks to thoses who have sent me a p.m.
to see how i was getting on.xxxxxx

woohoo nice one lynda :) good luck mate :) xxx

Good News Linda... all looking up xxx

Back