• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my hospital experience

It seems like I am well all the way until its time for some important doctor related thing then I get whatever bug is going. I didn't get any colds or anything until it was 2 weeks until my op then I got a screaming chest cold and thought sure they would cancel my op but it cleared up enough that they didn't notice it. The nebuliser thing they gave me after the op cleared my chest in a day though:) So I know what you mean. I hope they do your endoscopy still.
Lots of love

Thank you hun I think the colds not so much of a problem now its the swelling Its hurting to swallow fluid and tiny things so how there going to put a camera down it I don't know Haha we will see, there isn't much I. Can do now Xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

OMG!!! I am so down it's unreal and I sat here today and thought about it...what exactly is making me feel like crap all the time??? You know what...it's my husband. He makes me feel like I am nothing and worth nothing. I tried I really did but I can't do this anymore. I'm going to the civics office in the morning to sort out this housing thing and then I am sending for a copy of our marriage license and filing for a divorce. Enough is enough. If I can't be anything but an option I will be nothing at all...won't be much different than it already is.
A strange thing happened today...hasn't for months. My stomach growled from hunger. Must be because I have once again stopped eating :(

I'm eating again and doing ok. I went to the civic centre and sorted my housing out...she said I should hear from them in two weeks or less. I have sent for a certified copy of my marriage license and filled out my divorce papers...all I have to do is sign them and send the information and my marriage license with it and it will be on it's way. I went out with my daughter today and met up with a girl I was in hospital with. She looks fab and said I do as well (I don't really see it). Spent an hour yesterday taking all my jeans in 4 inches and they are still too big so will have to take them in again lol. Have decided what to do as my gift to me for losing 50 pounds...going to have my nails done. I'm also going to buy myself a pair of jeans (from asda lol). I hope you all are well.
lots of love

I'm glad your doing well huni and I hope your housing gets sorted very soon! I agree with you about your husband being the thing that's making you feel bad, its great you got out today, your doing fab! And I bet your looking gorgeous (as you do on your pic!) Keep going angel all my love! Xx

thanks babe
I thought I had moaned one too many times and everyone decided to ignore me now lol. I had a great time today and didn't get tired at all (usually get absolutely shattered after a day shopping with my daughter lol). And I didn't buy any food except chili philly and some seeded bread for toast:) Its awsome to go to a food store and not spend every cent on food. I added a new picture from last week but think I look tired in it lol.
Saturday is my 11th anniversary but I plan on spending the day with a friend. He doesn't deserve my time anymore.
Lots of love

Aw sorry hun I've not been on long enough to read through loads of peoples posts so tonight been reading through them lol, i bet its awesome to be able to shop, I used to walk round for 6 or 7 hours and not be bothered but can't do it for more than about 30 mins, it really gets me down! But I know 1 day I will be back to 6 or 7 hours! ........ your so right about him not deserving your time, just have fun with your friend, scr*w him! He's not worth it!!! :) take care sweetheart, my hubby really upset me last night he broke something so precious I burst into tears as soon as I saw it, my mums name was Sarah and she loved salt so me and 2 of my sisters got an "S" shaped salt pot each and filled them with her ashes and he knocked it off the shelf last night :'( it broke my heart :'( anyway take care huni xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I hope you are feeling better hon. I posted a reply on your thread:) Thank you for always supporting me. I hope soon I am supporting you just as much as you take your journey:)
Love you lots

Hi my beautiful friends! I'm sorry I haven't been here much. Just been really down. I'm not losing much weight and it's really starting to frustrate me! Only lost 2 lbs last week and one or two this week..... Plus, I'm really lonely. I love you girls and miss you.

Sounds like things are doing better Viki at least things are starting to move the right way now :D
Oh Toni thats awful, I 'm sure it wasn't intentional but the sadness is still there :( I don't know what to say *hugs*
Melani, try not to worry any weight loss is good, It might be slower than others but you will get there in time.
I have kinda been missing too, I'm still waiting to hear from the NHS about my MSP's complaint so my life is kind of on hold until then. This weekend I'm going to try and start making cupcakes. I would love to make some fancy ones! Maybe once I learn to drive I can set up stall to sell them at car boots and fund a car for me... Would make moving a whole lot easier.

Hi my beautiful friends! I'm sorry I haven't been here much. Just been really down. I'm not losing much weight and it's really starting to frustrate me! Only lost 2 lbs last week and one or two this week..... Plus, I'm really lonely. I love you girls and miss you.

Newmelani: My darling girl! I'd be totally rapt if I'd lost that much! Why does every expect to lose stones every week? Last week I lost 2lbs, that was amazing. This week I thought I was going to stay the same weight, until this morning when I found a pound had finally gone. So that's 3lbs in 2 weeks and I'm VERY happy with that loss. So should you be! Anyway slower and steadier is better; too rapid a weight loss leads to more problems with saggy loose skin.

Sorry about you being lonely though, that sucks.

HUGGS

hope everyone is doing well
lots of love

Ruthiep said:
Newmelani: My darling girl! I'd be totally rapt if I'd lost that much! Why does every expect to lose stones every week? Last week I lost 2lbs, that was amazing. This week I thought I was going to stay the same weight, until this morning when I found a pound had finally gone. So that's 3lbs in 2 weeks and I'm VERY happy with that loss. So should you be! Anyway slower and steadier is better; too rapid a weight loss leads to more problems with saggy loose skin.

Sorry about you being lonely though, that sucks.

HUGGS

I just thought losses in the beginning would be more. a lb or two a little ways out seems normal, but right at first, I thought about 5 lbs or so a week was more normal. Anyway, at least I'm not gaining! I think maybe I'm just hormonal!

Newmelani said:
I just thought losses in the beginning would be more. a lb or two a little ways out seems normal, but right at first, I thought about 5 lbs or so a week was more normal. Anyway, at least I'm not gaining! I think maybe I'm just hormonal!

I think it's because most of us have lost lots a week on other diets in the past. So our expectations after drastic surgery are more. I bet there will be weeks you have a whoosh and think wow lol

I think also we don't lose more on a normal diet. We lose the water weight quickly and that makes us think that 5lbs is a normal weight loss. So when it slows to 1lb every other week we become disillusioned and fail.

Whereas with the surgeries most of us have done some sort of preop which took care of our water weight. So while 1 lb seems teeny, it probably is more or the same as you would have lost anyway.

I never lost tons on a normal diet. When I lost 6st by myself it was a slow hard struggle and took me 18 months to lose it. So a pound a week or two at most seems fine to me. As long as it's going down.

Ruthiep said:
I never lost tons on a normal diet. When I lost 6st by myself it was a slow hard struggle and took me 18 months to lose it. So a pound a week or two at most seems fine to me. As long as it's going down.

Any loss is good. On a conventional diet weight loss slows and plateaus all too regularly. It's pants!

I'm ok babe. How are you?

Back