• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My little corner

Number of people who remarked today that I've lost weight: 4 :D

My first fill was supposed to be today but clinic had to push it back to tomorrow. At 7.10am. On a Sunday. Ugh.

Anyway, looking forward to a fill as I feel I need it. Have definitely upped the eating in the past week.

Just going to post what I are today to compared once my fill has kicked in a bit.

Breakfast- two poached eggs. Two slices of slimline (60kcal) brown toast with butter.

Lunch- one slice of pizza with cheese and ham.

Dinner- small bowl of lamb casserole. My portion was a small piece (maybe the size of a third of my fist) of lean lamb, one medium potato, half a carrot and the liquid (made from veg stock and extra herbs, garlic etc.)

Snacks- my downfall this week :( Two rice cakes with a tablespoon of Nutella. A packet of popcorn. A mint Options (made with light milk). Slice of high fibre brown bread with butter (needed the fibre :eek:)
And then a teaspoon more of Nutella eaten straight from the jar :break_diet::break_diet::break_diet:

Plus I only drank a litre of water when I normally have two.

Fill went well. In and out in 20 mins and had a good chat with the biatric nurse who is also a nutritionist. He gave me loads of tips to get past the snacking issue.

22lbs down :D:D

Well, my fill was too much and ended up having to go back after 5 days to get 0.5mls removed which sorted everything out.

7 weeks post-op and 36lbs down :D:D:D:D:D

Generally doing very well and feeling great. Have had no major problems but definitely felt more restriction from the start than my coordinator expected. Get a little wistful sometimes if I prepare or order a nice dinner and can only manage a few forkfuls but need to get my head around my limits.

Eating really well though and logging everything on Myfitnesspal so I can see if I've gone off track very quickly. I stick to 1,200 calories a day and try to have minimum 30% protein, max 30% fat and max 40% carbs.

Today, for example, I had-

Breakfast- 423 calls
Big bowl of porridge with raisins and pumpkin seeds
Mint options drink made with low fat milk

Lunch- 400cals
Mushroom soup (no dairy, no gluten)
Two slices of whole wheat bread with butter

Dinner- 200 cals
Two boiled eggs
Cappuccino with low fat milk

Snack- 160cals
Quest double choc chip protein bar

Skin is looking really well, my glasses keep falling off my nose when I look down as my face has gotten narrower :eek: and I'm getting back into clothes I'd gotten too big for. I've also thrown out some of my size 28s that got far too baggy and my 26s are headed for the bin shortly. My knees don't ache anymore and... tmi alert... I've started ovulating again. :):):)

As you can tell, I'm just very excited about the changes that are taking place. I'm not kidding myself, I still have a very long way to go but it feels good to be taking control of this.

Back