• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Happy Little Camper :)

There are banders here who have had good losses but people generally remember the ones who haven't - step away from YouTube!! :-D

Try eBay for the treadmill - that's where I got mine x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Ah Karen don't get me wrong Im watching a whole range of vids and one band "guru" who overall has done amazingly well and I've watched for a while is bandedwendy and i just realised last night that she spent a lot of weeks at the start staying the same. Im just trying to take in as much info as possible so i can avoid making mistakes others have, for instance another girl bandedforever wasn't losing weight despite sticking to the rules etc and it turned out it's cos she was sticking to the rules but was eating processed food-this is something i very easily could become guilty of so will now make an extreme effort to avoid.

Wow i thought my tummy was hungry earlier, Im struggling with cold water now. I know cold and mornings don't mix. Am i terrible if i have a black coffee? After smoking and junk food its my only vice left :(

You should be able to drink any liquids now you've had your op. I was drinking lots of milky drinks at your stage. Unless of course you have been told anything different then obviuosly stick to your advice.
Glad to hear you're doing so well. I was a bit of a nightmare for the first week! Lol xx

Thanks hun i was just told to drink what i can and i managed quite a bit yesterday but today i started with a glass of cold water, not a good idea at all!
Last night i discovered options hot choc, that's my choc fix sorted now delighted!
Just had an actimel no problems at all :)x

Day 2 Post Op!!

Feeling amazing, have had no pain relief today. I just don't need it. So far have had
B- actimel and black coffee.
L- slim fast and peppermint tea.

I found a secondhand Wii console, board, fit, controller and hard drive with 250 games including zumba, the biggest loser, my fitness coach, loads of games! The guy dropped it up and installed it for me :)
Yippie, I'll have no excuses not to do a bit of exercise now!

Have noticed one thing today, my belly is all odd shaped, think it might be from the gas they put in me during the op. It's very big and weird shaped! Im sure it'll go in time, not worried :)

A few days post op I looked like I was 9 months pregnant.... I couldn't even see my feet when I was laying down in bed!! Xx

I rented my treadmill when I wanted one, because I just thought when I get bored of it they just take it back, x

You are doing amazingly well. Well done xxx

Thanks Mis :)
Day 3 Post Op!
I managed a cup of slim fast for breakfast, it's really lovely and i love that it has a third of my daily intake of nutrients.

My shoulder pain seems to be gone but i won't speak to soon as it only came on later in the day yesterday.
I managed another little walk yesterday. I've decided that i must get out for even a little stroll everyday. I can't wait until Im healed enough to really use the Wii fit. My Mii (my little character on it) is a chubby little thing, can't wait to trim her down ha! And my Wii age is 47!

Im trying to get around 800cals into me even on the liquid stage cos i don't want my body to think it's starving then get a shock when i move onto mushies. It's easy enough with slim fast, low fat milk and low cal thin soups.

So far Im loving my band and loving this week off work! :)

I'm so jealous! I'm day 2 post op and last night was awful. Today my headache has gone but the pain in my insides is terrible. I've just injected myself with the blood thinner and I want to stay in bed all day! Just got up to make mint tea and got back in bed. I'm meant to be back at work tomorrow!

Aw i saw your other post hun you poor thing! Have you got liquid pain killer? My first day home i dosed myself up on calpol six plus and liquid nurofen cos i was so scared of feeling pain.
Everyone's different, your surgeon might have been a little rough. I made a point of asking him to be really gentle when i was about to be knocked out cos i really really hate pain!
I didn't get any injections to do at home for the blood thinner :(
Really hope you start feeling better soon x

Karen_Ponte said:
I'm so jealous! I'm day 2 post op and last night was awful. Today my headache has gone but the pain in my insides is terrible. I've just injected myself with the blood thinner and I want to stay in bed all day! Just got up to make mint tea and got back in bed. I'm meant to be back at work tomorrow!

Don't worry Karen, I was exactly the same. Thr first week for me was pretty awful but then came on in leaps and bounds in the second week.
I remember having a lot of pain, I certaiy didn't feel up for walking around too much. I also had bad head aches, felt really weak, and was a bit freaked out by the whole thing.
We all have different recovery times but you will get there so please don't worry. Xxx

Wow my stomach is making the most horrendous sounds! I presume it's hunger. The growls are so load are seem to be coming from my entire torso!
Have an appointment tomorrow with the nurse to look at my incisions, i haven't looked under the dressing but I've no pain and they feel itchy so i take it they're healing.x

Just back from a 40minute walk, i purposely went to the shop further away so i could get a bit of a walk in. Don't think I've ever done that before!
So far have had
B-cup of slim fast.
L-Tomato hotcup
D-Cup of tomato and basil soup.
S- Oxo.

Oxo is actually a lovely savory "snack"!

When my stomach did that it was hunger or digestion. But it is surprising at first xxx

You're doing so well! I've just had my first shower since Sunday and that was a big effort!

Hmmm so I've managed 815cals today on liquids which i think is quite a lot for just liquids but Im paro about not starving my body and them stalling when i move on to mushies. HOWEVER, i had a cup of thin carrot and corriander soup this evening and Im still left feeling quite hungry/peckish after it. Just an observation but Im a bit disappointed none the less :(
My provider warned me that hunger would come and be prepared but with 4mm in my band and only being 3days out of surgery Im a bit surprised.
Would love any opinions, etc!x

Once the swelling goes down you wont feel restriction until fill no 2 or even 3...I know it's disappointing but it's just the way it is :(

won't be long until you're there....xx

Back