• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Happy Little Camper :)

Thanks Jo, i did try prepare myself for it but got a bit of a shock when i was STILL hungry after the last few days of lovely restriction!
Im kinda scared about fills and my band getting full to it's brim!x x

My nurse told me to shower every day and that it would help the healing by keeping the wounds clean. I had a dressing on one of them as it was weeping but was told to take that off when I came home. I feel lots better this evening but I'm still walking like an 80 year old who has lost her simmer frame!

No hunger from me yet - I had a protein shake today, mint tea and water. I tried bovril but hated it.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I'm sure my hunger will surface soon - I don't have any fill in my band and won't for 6 weeks :-(

Everyone is different but 800 cals even on liquids is low so if you feel hungry have something even if its a glass of water.

The whole restriction issue is a different story and on liquids you shouldnt worry about it so much.

People say you wont feel restriction until this fill or that fill but in reality they dont know when YOU will feel this. The band with no fill restricts you with the right foods. With a fill already you have a head start.

Stick to the dietary advice given and you will be fine xx

Thanks a mill Mazza :)
Im finding herbal teas good for a mini fill. Just got a shock when i felt the hunger and the desire to keep going!
Going to need more will power than i thought but Im excited about that, it's a challenge and my mind set has really flipped. Thanks hun x

Pleased you seem to be recovering well. Time will pass in no time.

If you are hungry, take the positive, hopefully at least you will not have overeaten. Liquid passes through the band though, so its normal to feel how you do. I know some people say not to count calories and to rely on the band - but that focus really helped me ... so fingers crossed it does for you too x

I agree totally with Mazza. It is interesting to compare the number of mls in the band, size of band, number of fills, calories, etc, etc ... but all our bodies / requirements are different. Until you are back on solid band-friendly foods you probably will not realise how much restriction you have at the moment...but even the feeling of restriction changes over time as your weight/body shape changes, TOTM, and even throughout the day.

Follow what your provider/dietician says; do what feels right for you and your body, and you will do great :bliss:

I'm still walking really slowly and my stomach is sore but I'm getting ready for work now :-( I don't know how long I'll last but if I don't go, I'll be in trouble. Had painkillers and water for breakfast.

Good luck Karen. You must be braver than me... I plan to go back on Friday and am dreading that!

Thanks for the great post Flutterby. Like you, i have to count cals it just keeps me focused and I'll know where i went wrong/right and also know Im getting enough nutrient wise etc. Really loving my band journey already tho and getting to know my band.

Oh Karen you poor thing, really hope today goes ok!

I have my nurse appointment today. Feeling totally back to myself, an itchy belly and sore shoulder in the evenings are my only complaints really.x

I'm still walking really slowly and my stomach is sore but I'm getting ready for work now :-( I don't know how long I'll last but if I don't go, I'll be in trouble. Had painkillers and water for breakfast.

Hi hope all goes well at work today and hope you get to sit down and not on your feet all day.

YIKES!!
I know i shouldn't but i had a little peek at the scales! 2weeks ago i was 19.13 my heaviest ever and today Im 18.12!
Im doing all my mini weight goals just to get into the stone bracket below and I've done it!
So so happy!x x x
Wow and yipeeeee thats a fab weight loss. well done

Well done...watch it just keep on disappearing now...maybe we should start a band appreciation society :D xx

Thank you Jo hun!

Well it's been 5 days since my op and Im almost totally back to normal. Feel brilliant and Im able to lift Carmie again with no problems.
I saw the nurse yesterday in THG Yesterday and i honestly cannot sing her praises enough, she is such a lovely woman i really enjoyed chatting to her and she was so so helpful. My scars just look like tiny scratches!
I was able to meet a friend for lunch yesterday-thin soup- and a friend for dinner-thin soup- it's amazing still being able to have a life with the band. Such a different experience from Lipotrim!
Im back to work on Saturday so glad i can make the most of my time off.

I smell poo, wish me luck with my first nappy change since op!x

I'm glad you have a lovely nurse - did she tell you that you can shower and wash your hair now?

Your recover has been amazing and I'm so happy that you can pick your daughter up again. Don't envy the nappy changes though :)

Oh Karen the nurse was just so lovely, overall i hadn't been overjoyed with my provider but this lovely kind woman has made is so much more pleasant. She spoke to me for ages about my mams death, how to eventually give up smoking, just life in general. It's mad, sometimes one quick meeting can really touch you. She's such a lovely woman!
I have been very lucky with my recovery i count my blessings. Hope you're doing better today. Each day will get a bit easier.x

Well I've had 1184cals today-i know counting cals isn't the objective here but it does keep me focused. I felt i need a few more that the 800ish i had been having but in hindsight 900 would have been well enough. Although i did have a gorgeous bowl of Knorr gourmet moments soup for lunch and some for dinner. The rest were made up with not so sensible choices like a small low fat chocolate milk and peach ice tea. Will be sticking with water in future.x

1 week since my op!
I've lost 9lbs which Im really happy about.
It's going to be my first day back in work today, there's usually a shuttle bus from the train station into work but it doesn't run on a Saturday so Im going to walk it's only about 25mins so it can sort of be my walk for the day. Nightmare shift half twelve to 9. Not looking forward to it after my week off!x

Back