• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My new is about to begin! im so excited and I just cant hid it!

Hi alfiemoomin welcome, I go for my pre on on Monday can't wait op on 10 October so we will be on the bench together. Hope things have gone well Losinit look forward to hearing all about it take it easy :)

Hello all
im home now and feel so much better for it .saw the surgeon again this morning who was very pleased with me and how positive I have been and wished me luck .
other than feeling a little tender im doing great been sipping drink and have moved on to slim fast but only a tiny amount !
been gearing myself up for taking the injection I have to take every day for the next 14 days I hope that once ive done it ,it wont be as bad as I think It will be!
anyway tired need to have a rest back soon
thanks for all your very kind comments

Hi Los in it sending big general hugs and well done, your there on the bench you got your space save a bit for me. I'm getting so excited I can't wait. Just sorting out my iPad with books and music keep me occupied. Take it easy even though you might feel ok :)

Hello all im home now and feel so much better for it .saw the surgeon again this morning who was very pleased with me and how positive I have been and wished me luck . other than feeling a little tender im doing great been sipping drink and have moved on to slim fast but only a tiny amount ! been gearing myself up for taking the injection I have to take every day for the next 14 days I hope that once ive done it ,it wont be as bad as I think It will be! anyway tired need to have a rest back soon thanks for all your very kind comments
thats fantastic Los in it! Well done again on your successful surgery. I hope your recovery continues to be a positive one! I cant wait for mine and hope I'm as successful like you as i don't want sleeve. Keep sipping. Xx

Good luck Los in it. In your first post you said sleeve/bypass. Why was that? Why did you go for bypass instead of sleeve?

Make sure you get some rest as you will need some energy to start your new life. It's so exciting!!

Had the bypass that I wanted my surgeon said my liver was In excellent shape and very small I have 6 holes all healing well only feel tender and sore around what I think is my tummy itself trying to keep up with the sipping but its a real effort taken me 2days to sip half a slim fast between sips of water!
Having a rest then may try some chicken soup
More in a few days

Last edited:
Had the bypass that I wanted my surgeon said my liver was. In excellent shape and very small I have 6 holes all healing well only feel tender and sore around what I think is my tummy itself trying to keep up with the sipping but its a real effort taken me 2days to sip half a slim fast between sips of water! Habing a rest then may try some chicken soup More in a few days
Glad it all went well enjoy being home xx

well its been a couple of days since I last was on here ,just needed some time to recover and be able to sit long enough to touch base!
have to say I feel fantastic! the bypass op went brilliant I have 6 very tiny tiny entry ports so small that when the nurse in the hospital was changing my dressing she lost one of them!
went in Thursday 7 am and skipped to the table at 8.30 am and was put under at 8.45am (I asked the time) was wheeled pass my sister at 12.45 pm so 4 hour op.very little wind just discomfort and soreness around the tummy area and was sent home on Saturday afternoon to recover at home
since then ive taken my medications (those injections....are painless and very easy that was my only real worry)and have had very small bits of peach yogurt an actimel and 2x soup a soups and a slim fast since been at home the only issue I have is my intake of water itself is very low only in the ozs I feel like a water balloon and that is making me feel a tad uncomfortable
im making up some lollies and orange ice cubes hoping I can up my water intake that way
before I go I really must say a huge thank you to all you guys on here giving great advise and support I am very lucky to have landed on such a great site!
more later

glad the site is back online did someone forget to pay the electric bill!
any way quick update
im doing great 1 week on from my operation fluid intake has gotten better made some orange ice cubes and its better than before ive also moved up a notch fluids wise ive now had 2x actimels 1x yogurt 1/2 can of tomato soup!
been mindful and listening to my tummy and stop when ive had enough
so all good hope it stays that way
also couldn't help it jumped on the scales my weight is down to 299lbs!
happy

wooohooo Los congrats hunni :) going good hunni............. is it a week already !!!!

Like you thought someone had forgotten to pay the bills LOL god I'd be lost without this site and all my dear friends :) xx x x x x

Hi all I thought it was my device as it's an apple, but when I couldn't get on on the laptop I knew it was something else, I was in a bit of a panic thought my support was about to disappear lol, well done Los in it your doing great still take it easy :)

Doing really well Los, hope you still resting. Cart believe the weeks gone so fast.
I am looking forward to the rest of your journey.

Back