• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Grumbles life is just about to begin!

2 in 1! Polyfilla, for all your sweating & wrinkle needs :D

Hahaha.

I am at that time in life where nobody will see a lot if it, well other than me husband and he can take his specs off :rotflmao: I might however treat myself to a face and neck lift if I get to a normal BMI, not even the tightest of ponytails will cure those wrinkles lol.

Hahaha.

I am at that time in life where nobody will see a lot if it, well other than me husband and he can take his specs off :rotflmao: I might however treat myself to a face and neck lift if I get to a normal BMI, not even the tightest of ponytails will cure those wrinkles lol.

Lol, that's what I'm scared of, everyone says how young I look now, that's because I have my own brand of filler (it's called fat, lol) When/if I lose this weight am I going to look like a raisin?! My hair isn't long unough for a ponytail....maybe I should start growing my hair, haha!

So, it's 6 days until I have my first appointment, I've got most of my questions written down, thanks to Gemma, other posters on the forum & my Mum!

Here goes:-

• What are the mortality rates for someone like me?
  • How many operations have you carried out?
  • What is the % of excess weight you'll expect me to lose?
  • What aftercare is included in the price?
  • How long will I be in hospital?
  • How long is the recovery?
  • How long MUST I rest? (Mum's question :) )
  • What pain relief will I get?
  • How many fills are included with the price?
  • If something goes wrong am I covered?
  • What size band will I have?
  • Will I be able to eat all types of food in the long term?
  • Can I do slimming world if I plateaux?
  • What happens if I get to my goal weight, how can I maintain?
  • Any side effects?
  • Ask about the preparation diet.

What do you all think, any other questions I should add?

Looks like a really good list to me. I hope everything goes well. Xxx

Thank you!

So...2 days to go until my appointment...I'm pooing myself slightly! What if he doesn't think I should have the band but have a bypass instead? I can't afford the bypass (or should I say my Mum can't, as she's very kindly paying!) I've heard a few horror stories on here recently about the band too. Eeeeeeep!

Today's the day! My appointment is at 7.30 this evening, hopefully I'll know whether I'm definitely having the band or not! I'm so excited and nervous all rolled into one.

Also, I came on today, I was wondering how periods are effected by the band?

Hey hun :)

I've found you :) thanks for the link and the message, its good to see your diary and be able to follow your journey.

So, so sorry to hear about your Dad, I lost my Dad aged 12 under different circumstances (car crash) but I know how it feels and I just wanted to send you a big hug and strength xx

Good luck for your consultation tonight, how exciting! I had my consultation on 11th April and had my op on 13th May so it happens quite quickly when you are paying private, if you have any questions feel free to give me a shout I'm happy to help, I noticed a few of the questions you had on your list so far so have jotted down a few of the answers from my experience if this helps:

I had 1 week off work but was up and about the next day as I had to go to the chapel of rest to see my brother in law before his funeral, the funeral the day after that and only then did I give in for a couple of days and take it easy. I was driving within a week and felt fine other than being a bit tender and having wind pain in my shoulder (which is the worst part of the whole pain)

I only took liquid paracetemol for pain control and windeze to help disperse the wind.

I lost 1st 5lb on the pre-op diet which was the VLCD (very low calorie diet) as the milk diet upset my tum and have lost a further 33lb in 17 weeks since my op.

I have 2 years after care/surgical cover with my hospital (the Hospital Group) and would highly recommend you get the same as you need months and months of support afterwards including band adjustments (I'm still not at optium restriction and will need their help for a long while yet) and this should all be covered in the price you pay.

I went home the same day of the op, but this was mainly because I lived only 40 minutes drive away. Because I was a day patient my other half stayed with me all day and was waiting for me when I was bought back to the room.

I was in surgery and recovery 2 hours in total (spent a little longer than normal in recovery because I was really shaking and freezing cold when I came out of the anaesthetic)

I'm sure they all vary but they told me that they recommend people wait 1-2 years before trying to concieve and that the band may need to be emptied or adjusted to allow you to eat more and get all of your nutrients.

Hope this helps a little, sending you a big hug xxx

Thank you for your kind words about my Dad, I'm so sorry about yours, that must have been so difficult for you & your family :hug99: And also with your brother in law, that must have been hard to have to get up & have a very difficult few days, that deserves a big pat on the back! I hope your partner looked after you well :)

I thought it may be roughly a month to wait (although I was hoping less, but we'll see!)

Thanks so much for your answers, although I definitely won't be having anymore children, my daughter is enough to keep me going <3

Ooooooh! I'm getting butterflies as I'm awful at travelling, but it's only 30 mins on the train then a 5 min taxi, so I'm sure I'll be ok :)

So, I had a really good meeting with the surgeon. He was really honest & easy to talk to, he told me all of the pros & cons for each procedure & which ones he thought would be not suitable & which would be best for me as a person.
We've actually agreed on the Gastric sleeve instead of the band, I need to lose some weight before I can even book an appointment as they have a top bmi limit (and I'm ashamed to be 10kg over that!) So off to slimming world I trot, then to book in....I may have the op in November, I hope so anyway!

Back