• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My pre op diet

Love it!

I'm not going to try and slim now until after my Surgeon appointment in April!

Top tip! ;)

civvygit said:
Love it!

I'm not going to try and slim now until after my Surgeon appointment in April!

Top tip! ;)

Have you been given any targets?

I had a VLCD veg soup for dinner. Added a little sea salt and herbs. It was yunmy!!!

Feeling very positive and focused :D

civvygit said:
Not yet, I think that's what this appointment will be for......maybe?

What hospital you at? And is this your first appointment?

Well, it's day 5 and going swimmingly! Think I am 11lbs down. Which makes me 4lbs lower that my last dietitian appt (due to my 7lb biscuit gain :( )

I am glad I have had little hiccups while waiting all this time. It proves 1) I need the op and 2) I need to not let stress make me eat biscuits ever again. They are banned lol

Really glad the weight is coming off :)

Got a Cambridge tetra pack in my bag to have for breakfast a bit later. Had a peppermint tea before I left out :)

All in all, my brain is shot, but I feel great! :D

What hospital you at? And is this your first appointment?

Whittington, and GOD no!

This is the last appointment after getting all the tests done, having the all clear and funding approved.....

civvygit said:
Whittington, and GOD no!

This is the last appointment after getting all the tests done, having the all clear and funding approved.....

Woohoo! Fingers crossed all moves fast now then :D

Just had one of my 'cottage pie' meal replacements. It was actually yummy lol.

I was out and about lunchtime, so bought an Atkins ready made shake. It tasted like most flavoured protein shakes. But was quite filling. So I will forgive it for being like wet cardboard flavour lol

Not struggling on this pre op diet so far. I guess I have done a VLCD a couple of times for a few weeks. So it's old hat. May be harder if I switch to one of the other 4 diets. Which is allowed. So at leasts it's an option :)

Today has been harder as I could sleep until late and then was up really early with my 9 year old suffering with his chest.

Tiredness seems to make me feel more grouchy, and grouchy is usually when I would pick and can't :(

Breakfast today was a choc mint shake, lunch was a fruits of the forest shake and dinner was a 'cottage pie' sachet.

Got a lot running through my mind today. It's hard staying focused and disciplined today. But I won't let stress beat me. I need to keep my eyes on the prize :D

It's hard when there is other stuff on our heads , but you're doing great hun , stick with it xx

pandora said:
It's hard when there is other stuff on our heads , but you're doing great hun , stick with it xx

I could have strangled my partner when he picked at lamb chops he chose and I had to cook :( he said they were lovely, but chucked most of them in the bin!

He doesn't realise stuff like that annoys me right now lol

Gotta relax and chill back into this lol

Thanks Pandora. You are doing very well too :) x

Today has been harder as I could sleep until late and then was up really early with my 9 year old suffering with his chest.

Tiredness seems to make me feel more grouchy, and grouchy is usually when I would pick and can't :(

Breakfast today was a choc mint shake, lunch was a fruits of the forest shake and dinner was a 'cottage pie' sachet.

Got a lot running through my mind today. It's hard staying focused and disciplined today. But I won't let stress beat me. I need to keep my eyes on the prize :D

Do you have any visual goals around the house?

Clothes that you have that you LOVED but never fitted?

An old photo of you enjoying life at a lighter weight?

Something someone has said to you that makes you know they love you?

Place them around the house and print a message BEHIND them, print this......

I'm not unhappy, I'm unhealthy, my weight isn't manageable and I'm afraid to keep carrying it with me, tomorrow is a day closer to living my dreams, and today is only a stepping stone across the barrier of my mind.

Then, and I know it's a cliche, remember these famous words.

God grant me the sincerity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

Be strong, be positive, be healthy and be you!

Last edited:
I have some target clothes and some pics of being lighter than now :)

Thank you for that . I love positive affirmations. They can work wonders!

You are lovely xxx

Grr to your partner , selfish so n so , stay strong though sweetie , its so tough but so worth it too .
Great ideas on positive affirmation xx

pandora said:
Grr to your partner , selfish so n so , stay strong though sweetie , its so tough but so worth it too .
Great ideas on positive affirmation xx

Lol! Just bloody typical!

I volunteer at stay and play and am in charge of doing toast, so did that today a d yesterday. That was hard.

Then volunteer at a local community centre. It was community lunch day. Everyone was concerned that I was not eating. And kept offering me food 'I am sure some coleslaw or rice won't hurt'

I had to keep telling them anything would hurt lol.

It was hard smelling delicious foods and seeing puddings and not being able to eat them. But I got through it and was proud :)

Breakfast today was a strawberry shake, lunch a choc shake a dinner was a veg soup. All VLCD meal replacement products.

I went for a coffee with a friend. Had a americano with a dash of milk and sweetner. My heart wanted a latte. But my head knew better lol

All in all, still positive and focused :)

Thanks for everyone's support :) xxx

You rock honey! Hang in there - I know how hard it is to keep going with normal life while we do these crazy diets.

Yvessa said:
You rock honey! Hang in there - I know how hard it is to keep going with normal life while we do these crazy diets.

Thanks Yve!!! Tomorrow will be one week down with three to go. It's hard with the stress of the op on my head. That's when I would normally eat. But it's the thought of losing the op after the long fight that tells me not even a bite of something wrong is worth it.

Paranoia, stubbornness and a promise to myself keeps me going :D lol

So for two days I have stuck at 12lbs loss, so it's officially 12lbs loss in a week on my pre op diet. So I think that will have made me meet my pre op diet weight loss percentage the hospital set me (as I was already less than the last recorded clinic weight)

So here comes week 2. Been toying with switching to one of the other 5 pre op diets. As we are allowed to do that each week at Heartlands.

But may continue as I am for another week and review next Friday :)

Ur doin great hun well dun :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back