• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My pre op diet

I had no probs on milk and yoghurt diet Fuffs bit queasy at times but managed ok and lost 12lb on it for 10 days i was good luck xx

chrisa said:
I had no probs on milk and yoghurt diet Fuffs bit queasy at times but managed ok and lost 12lb on it for 10 days i was good luck xx

Thank you very much Chrisa. You are such a lovely, informative, positive person :) xxx

The Heartlands milk yoghurt is 1 pint of milk and 8-10 x 125g pots of approx 60 Cals diet yoghurts. The dietician said I can use mullerlights but have less of them. So have a mixture of yoghurts.

Enjoying it so far as I can go wrong. Using milk for tea. Happy days :D

Would have preferred the 3 pints of milk and two yoghurts diet though lol

So happy!! Reading my notes I realised I am allowed to have oxo cubes with any of the 5 pre op diets. So I have put a batch of oxo in my thermos. I added a sprinkle of pepper and a sprinkle of curry powder to it. It is yummy!!!

Sounds like you're doing fab! Well done you - not too long to go now x

I enjoyed oxo cubes , one day while at mums my eldest asked if I would like one , when she bought it in , it tasted weird , but I didn't say anything .... turns out she had used a pilau flavour cube lol

pandora said:
I enjoyed oxo cubes , one day while at mums my eldest asked if I would like one , when she bought it in , it tasted weird , but I didn't say anything .... turns out she had used a pilau flavour cube lol

Lol!!!!!! That's funny!!!

Thanks Chrisa and Newcy. Can't wait for next Friday to come :D But then it will come around really fast!

Being in here makes it a lot easier. Can't imagine doing this without all the wonderful WLS friends I have made along the way :D xxx

This place has been my saviour , when I was in hospital my friend opposite ( the lovely tantan1) didn't know anywhere as much as me , hence I told her to join here x

pandora said:
This place has been my saviour , when I was in hospital my friend opposite ( the lovely tantan1) didn't know anywhere as much as me , hence I told her to join here x

I have found that when talking to peeps who don't use this site. When the staff gives me info at the hospital, I feel like an expert being told what I already know. Though it is still exciting hearing it from them lol

Well I have not eaten 8-10 yoghurts. I have come onto this from doing the low cal, low carb, low fat portion controlled plan and don't have much of an appetite. I have had 2 125g yoghurts, 1 175g mullerlight and pint of skimmed milk. I mix sterilised with pasteurised skimmed. Can't stand pasteurised skimmed straight out lol

I will have one more yoghurt now. Don't want my body to suffer, just because I am not hungry.

I am happy though, as I feel like I am definitely in control, as I have no portion sizes to worry about :)

hows the water retention Sophie?

Caren said:
hows the water retention Sophie?

Wed morning I had suddenly gone up 2lbs and it was still there this morning :( So not the best. Bought some aquaban today to see if they will help. Water retention is a nightmare lol

My stomach is puffy too. It's pants!

I know I am not suppose to weigh daily. But trying to track this water retention.

Yesterday I drank plenty if water, took aquaban, went loo loads, had 1 pint of milk, 3x 125g yoghurts, 1 175g mullerlight and oxo.

My mouth tastes terrible this morning.

Yet I am up another 2lbs!!! That 4lbs on in 3 days! Starting to get very frustrated again, as it moves me back off having hit the 5% weight loss target. Fed up!

I will stick to the milk and yoghurt regardless. My liver will be lovely regardless :)

chrisa said:
You can only do what you have been told to our bodies do let us down at times. xx

But all they will think is I haven't been following my pre op diet and that upsets me. I wish they had not set me an additional weight loss target. I have lost a good percentage already. Just adds stress where liver shrinkage should be the only goal :(

I have been the loo for bladder reasons a couple of times more and the gained 2lbs are gone. I can trust my scales are they are not the type that change if you step on and off.

So it was literal water.

Going to chill now :) feeling happy again!! Xxx

The medics will know the difference between real weight gain and water retention so I wouldn't worry on that scale as your liver will be looking fabby.

I'm still struggling at mo with the pre op diet but it is my head as I know I'm not hungry.

Next week is going to be the best week ever

Nanny Og said:
The medics will know the difference between real weight gain and water retention so I wouldn't worry on that scale as your liver will be looking fabby.

I'm still struggling at mo with the pre op diet but it is my head as I know I'm not hungry.

Next week is going to be the best week ever

It is all in the head. I keep thinking this Sunday would have been my last Sunday dinner of any substantial size. But it wouldn't have been. Haven't had a Sunday dinner for weeks lol

When I am just being focused, pre op is a breeze.

Next week will be awesome!

Really finding my milk, yoghurt and oxo diet the easiest of the three pre op options I have tried. Its so simple :)

Today I have has a woosh!! And lost another 4lbs :D So happy and excited!!!

5 days pre op left, 6 days until my op!!! :D xxx

Fuffs said:
Really finding my milk, yoghurt and oxo diet the easiest of the three pre op options I have tried. Its so simple :)

Today I have has a woosh!! And lost another 4lbs :D So happy and excited!!!

5 days pre op left, 6 days until my op!!! :D xxx

Yes I was the same, choice and varied options removed, much easier I found....and meant I lived on milky coffees which always felt like luxurious treats :)

Back