• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My story so far... (finally got my date!!)

That was so thoughtful she clearly loves you very much and will be a great support for you and very well done for resisting temptation xxx :0clapper:

Thank you ladies! You're all always so lovely :) Xx

Start of week two today... I can't believe i made it through a week already! It seems to have gone by pretty fast which is exciting and scary at the same time. haha. I have my pre op assessment one week from today. That's the next thing I'm really nervous about. I've read some stories where they have found things at the pre op that's stopped people from being able to have surgery and i really hope that isn't the case for me and wont be able to relax until i know for sure that it isn't so that cant come soon enough!!

I weighed myself today (officially; i've had a sneaky few over the week haha) and i lost 7kg so i'm really pleased with that! That's half of the total i want to reach before surgery so it takes some pressure off for the next 5 weeks. Not that i wont still be trying my hardest.. but just because i was worried about not being able to reach my target and being turned away. Losing half of what i need to in the first week makes its seem more realistic that i can reach my goal :D

Wow that’s an incredible amount to lose in a week, well done for sticking with it, that will really spur you on. You can do this and try not to worry too much about the pre op xx

Thanks @Bling Babe!! Yeah i was excited about it. It's only because i have so much to lose though i think. lol but i'll take the big losses while i can get them.
I'm still super nervous about the pre op assessment but i cant believe it's Thursday already so it will be here before i know it really...
4 days into my second week and still no slip ups and after my first weeks loss my sister wants to try the diet with me so i think shes starting from tomorrow which will be cool. I wont be the only one not eating way too much chocolate on the lead up to Christmas. I think she plans to put it all back on over Christmas though lol

Hey everyone! I've been a member of the forums for around two years now but never really wanted to start my own diary until i got my date and knew everything was actually real. Well on Thursday i got my date!! :D So here goes...
;)
Really pleased to see you have made it so far. Good luck. I am sure you will do well, after the persistence you have shown over the past few years. I know how endless the wait feels and now the time will rush up on you.

Aw thanks so much @Penelope !! I really hope so. I know I've fallen off the wagon a few times over the last couple of years and over the last few months have lost and gained the same 8kg over and over which has been frustrating but i only have myself to blame! I still cant quite believe its happening now after waiting so long.. it does seem to be going fast though which I'm actually happy about! Haha

My Mom has said a few times that shes disappointed (for me) that the date came this side of Christmas because she was hoping i could have a last blow out and eat way too much like everyone else does at Christmas.. But i have to admit, although i know its going to be hard seeing the rest of my family indulge, I'm actually really pleased about my date because it's so close to the start of a new year. It makes me feel like its going to be a good one :) HOPEFULLY anyway! haha I have to get the all clear from that darn pre op assessment first lol

Thank you, @Astria! What surgery did you have? How are you finding it so far? I hope you're recovering nicely :) x

I had my pre op assessment yesterday.. it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be but then i usually work myself up for no reason so that's nothing new lol they said i should hear from them in the next couple of days if anything is wrong but that if i don't hear from them everything is fine and i'm ready to go ahead with the surgery. It seems weird to think the next time i will be in the hospital will be the day of my surgery.. weird but great! :D

I bumped into a lady at the hospital that was at the same information seminar as me and who was put on the waiting list the same day as me too and now i found out we're having the op the same day so it will be really nice to have someone there that i've chatted with a few times that i can share the journey with a little.. we exchanged numbers so we can keep in contact.

So far so good with the diet. Still no slips but not even a kg loss this week. I supposed the loss last week makes up for that though. I still hope i lose more this week though because i'm still 4kg off my minimum target with just less than 4 weeks to go!

Hope everyone is doing okay :D Xx

Hi Victoria ,
I had a sleeve on the 7th December I have been big all my life trying every diet losing a bit then gaining more etc I started my journey a year ago and was lucky to get my surgery quickly, I saw my surgeon in October had my pre op in Nov 2 weeks later got my date , sate rated my pre op diet on Nov 23 I could swap n choose between mil diet or food I done the food living mainly on omelettes just needed to feel food lol.
The day of surgery I was very nervous but it went well was back in the chair within a few hours no pain just a bit sore when moved,
Day 2 had a sick feeling all day but anti sickness drugs made it better , managed some sips of water even a few sips of smoothie lol the hospital I was in made u get up n walk a route so we had to try to get a mile done haha , drain came out iv's out home on day 3.
Since being out I have found it a little hard to reach my 1.5 lts of fluid a day but I'm doing my meals no pain etc stitches out today Woohooo I've lost 9lb since my op so not bad .
On my pre op I lost a stone in the 2 weeks but as hard as it is try not to weigh yourself everyday it will come off you will lose it I promise ... It's good you already have someone going in on same day I shared a room with a lady we keep in touch it's nice to have a buddy to join you on the journey,I'm looking forward to going onto my purée stage Xmas din dins sliding off a spoon haha can't wait, keep me updated on how your getting on and keep plodding on it will be worth it... Lots of hugs xxxx

I'm the same with the food diet! I couldn't deal with the milk diet. I laughed when i read the mainly eating omelettes part of your post because i've never ate so many omelettes in my life!! I think i've had more omelettes on my pre op diet than i have in the last 10 years put together lol

Congratulations on getting your stitches out!! Another step forward to your new normality. I'm so excited at the idea of being where you are. As fast as this time seems to be going it still doesn't seem fast enough. I wanna be on the other side already!! lol Its great you didn't have much pain though, i bet that was a relief. Did you build yourself up to expect lots of pain and it wasn't as bad as you thought? I've kind of been telling myself i'm gonna have the worst time then anything less than that will be extra great lol

I'm still worried about being able to lose enough weight on time. I only lost 1kg in the last week and half and i only have 3 weeks left to lose at least 3 more and that's just to reach my minimum target. It is a little disheartening when i KNOW i've been sticking to everything religiously because i dread that after 6 weeks of trying so hard that they will think i haven't been and decide i cant have my op. I think my downfall is definitely my lack of mobility but i can't really help that with being disabled.. I'm hoping for a miracle.. luckily it's the time of year for them :D haha

It will definitely be nice having someone i kind of know at the hospital. I'm a little nervous about being there on my own mostly because i'm desperately shy so i'll be afraid to ask for things if i need them. But i realise i'm a big girl so i have to just suck it up and get on with it. That's how i'm looking at the whole thing really. Being comfortable hasn't got me anywhere so i'm gonna have to be okay with being uncomfortable if i wanna actually get somewhere right?

Sorry it's taken so long to reply... my internet has been screwed all week. they JUST came to fix it today and i'm so happy to be back online!! lol

Hi I’m at Luton and I think it depends who you see, I have Mr Jain who gave me my date there and then as he did with Maria61 but there are others on here who saw a different surgeon and they were told to wait for a letter, good luck I shall look forward to your update, my surgery is March 27th and I saw Mr Jain on 9th November when he gave me my date xxx
I was due to see Mr Jain, however, he was called to theatre so I saw someone who was standing in for him.
I'm waiting for my letter now. Hope it's not too long coming I'm excited I got this far it has taken over 2 years.
What's Mr Jain like? Apparently he is one of the best at Luton?
X

I was due to see Mr Jain, however, he was called to theatre so I saw someone who was standing in for him.
I'm waiting for my letter now. Hope it's not too long coming I'm excited I got this far it has taken over 2 years.
What's Mr Jain like? Apparently he is one of the best at Luton?
X
I had Mr Jain and cannot recommend him highly enough. Good luck xx

I had Mr Jain and cannot recommend him highly enough. Good luck xx
Thank you x
I’m still trying to work out the forum. How to reply and post. I’m sure I’ll get there x

Thank you x
I’m still trying to work out the forum. How to reply and post. I’m sure I’ll get there x
I’m with Mr Jain, surgery 27th March.......so excited xx

Day 25 of my diet and things still seem to be going okay. I've lost just over 10kg so far but don't weigh myself again until Monday so i could have lost more. I HOPE i've lost more otherwise i doubt i will reach my target. Dieting over Christmas is HARD. I've still stuck to the diet 100% but there's been a few times i've felt downhearted and tempted. My family all had buffet food not last night but the night before and i actually talked myself into having one chicken nacho triangle... had it on my plate and everything!! and then thankfully talked myself back out of it and gave it to my sister. I knew i would end up blaming that chicken triangle if i didn't reach my target! lol

I'm into the 10's now when counting down to my surgery... 17 days to go!! Just over 2 weeks. seems crazy to think that almost 4 weeks have gone already. Before i know it i'll be packing my case muha.

I had my dietitian phone appointment on Wednesday and she said it sounds like i'm doing great and she was impressed with the 10kg loss but i'm still nervous because i'm supposed to lose 13kg before the day of surgery. She did say something that made me excited though... "the next time you hear anything from us will be on the day of your surgery" which made it seem CLOSE and that made me happy lol.

I hope everyone is doing great and that you all had a really lovely Christmas :) Xx

Day 25 of my diet and things still seem to be going okay. I've lost just over 10kg so far but don't weigh myself again until Monday so i could have lost more. I HOPE i've lost more otherwise i doubt i will reach my target. Dieting over Christmas is HARD. I've still stuck to the diet 100% but there's been a few times i've felt downhearted and tempted. My family all had buffet food not last night but the night before and i actually talked myself into having one chicken nacho triangle... had it on my plate and everything!! and then thankfully talked myself back out of it and gave it to my sister. I knew i would end up blaming that chicken triangle if i didn't reach my target! lol

I'm into the 10's now when counting down to my surgery... 17 days to go!! Just over 2 weeks. seems crazy to think that almost 4 weeks have gone already. Before i know it i'll be packing my case muha.

I had my dietitian phone appointment on Wednesday and she said it sounds like i'm doing great and she was impressed with the 10kg loss but i'm still nervous because i'm supposed to lose 13kg before the day of surgery. She did say something that made me excited though... "the next time you hear anything from us will be on the day of your surgery" which made it seem CLOSE and that made me happy lol.

I hope everyone is doing great and that you all had a really lovely Christmas :) Xx
I thimk you are doing sooooooo well and you should be so proud of yourself. The milk diet is a challenge at any time but to stick with it over Christmas is just brilliant. You’ve focus on the goal and I’ve no doubt you will lose the other 3kg. Well done xxxx

Fantastic determination and weight loss. Well done on resisting temptation over the most difficult (food wise) time of the year. The days will fly by to your op and it will be here before you know it! I’m sure you will lose your 3kg, but I’m also sure they won’t penalise you if you don’t quite make it! We all lose weight at different rates, so can’t always predict what happens from one person to the next. Some will lose slower; others faster. Good luck and keep up the good work xx

Aww thanks so much ladies! You're all so nice. Some days are definitely worse than others but mostly things are going pretty smooth.
@Bling Babe I wasn't brave enough to do the milk diet! I think i would have failed hard on that one by the end of the second day. I'm on the real food diet so i still get to eat actual food just low calorie, low carb and low sugar.
It's been confirmed for me over the past 4 weeks though that i'm DEFINITELY a savoury girl. When i think about things i really want to eat none of them are sweet. The thing i have struggled most with so far is the buffet food. Pizza especially!! Seeing my nieces and nephews enjoy a pizza makes me kind of sad on the inside. But i figure its something i have to get used to. I'm not going to be able to eat the stuff i used to and they are always going to be able to... but hopefully not eating that stuff means i can get to spend more quality time with them outside of my house. One of the things that made me decide to have the surgery was missing my nieces first birthday party because my sister had it at a park and i was too self conscious and worried about having to walk far to go. Now that same niece is 4 and i'm really hoping i don't have to miss anymore of her birthdays!
That's the great thing about this site i think. I know from reading some of the diaries on here that the common feeling for people that are overweight is the feeling of isolation. We tend to hide ourselves away... feel alone... because we don't expect that anyone else understands. But everyone on here understands. We all relate to each other if we're 5 stone overweight or 15 stone overweight so many of us have had the same feelings and experiences. It's great because it means we can support each other during our sad times and celebrate each others victories :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I hope you all have an amazing one, you all definitely deserve it :bunnydance: Xx

Aww thanks so much ladies! You're all so nice. Some days are definitely worse than others but mostly things are going pretty smooth.
@Bling Babe I wasn't brave enough to do the milk diet! I think i would have failed hard on that one by the end of the second day. I'm on the real food diet so i still get to eat actual food just low calorie, low carb and low sugar.
It's been confirmed for me over the past 4 weeks though that i'm DEFINITELY a savoury girl. When i think about things i really want to eat none of them are sweet. The thing i have struggled most with so far is the buffet food. Pizza especially!! Seeing my nieces and nephews enjoy a pizza makes me kind of sad on the inside. But i figure its something i have to get used to. I'm not going to be able to eat the stuff i used to and they are always going to be able to... but hopefully not eating that stuff means i can get to spend more quality time with them outside of my house. One of the things that made me decide to have the surgery was missing my nieces first birthday party because my sister had it at a park and i was too self conscious and worried about having to walk far to go. Now that same niece is 4 and i'm really hoping i don't have to miss anymore of her birthdays!
That's the great thing about this site i think. I know from reading some of the diaries on here that the common feeling for people that are overweight is the feeling of isolation. We tend to hide ourselves away... feel alone... because we don't expect that anyone else understands. But everyone on here understands. We all relate to each other if we're 5 stone overweight or 15 stone overweight so many of us have had the same feelings and experiences. It's great because it means we can support each other during our sad times and celebrate each others victories :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I hope you all have an amazing one, you all definitely deserve it :bunnydance: Xx
You are so right.
I always tell people I like my own company. But the truth is I get overwhelmed with all the stress my brain puts me through just to go out with people.
Will I have to walk far?
Will I fit in the chairs?
Will people stare at me?
Will people laugh at me?
Etc etc
Isolation is easier to cope with for me. I really don’t think others get it.
Using this site has helped me realise I am not alone if I choose not to be.
Happy new year x

Hi Victoria
Well done on sticking to the diet all over Christmas! I am also scheduled for surgery in January, thankfully I only have to do the LRD for 2 weeks, so started Saturday, but the Coventry team do milk and yoghurt only...its not fun!
I am having a sleeve on 13th, what surgery will you be having?

Back