• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My story so far... (finally got my date!!)

Hi @Sunshine99

Yeah my date getting cancelled sucked really hard. My first appointment feels like so long ago now and i had waiting 11 months on the waiting list when they told me it would be up to 6 so when i finally heard from them i was so excited. So when they cancelled i felt really sad and disappointed. It would have been even more horrible to get to the actual day and go there and find out you couldn't have it though. That must have been the worst for you.

How are you feeling after your surgery? Which one did you have? Have you lost much weight in the 4 months since?

It's really cool that you're trying to do things that are more fun and go out more. You don't need those negative people in your life. It's even cooler than you're going backto school to do your GCSE's! I missed mine too and always thought about trying to do them but have never had the confidence. It's nice that your surgery has given you the option and the confidence to do that. Good luck! :)

I'm literally counting down the days again. It's only 11 days away now!! I'm just excited about it at the moment. The nerves haven't kicked in yet but i do expect they will closer to the time. Like you said it's a whole new life to look forward to :D

Congratulations on getting your new date! How exciting!!! Keep us updated on how things are going along the way.

A private room will be great, fingers crossed you get one. Are you going to have to stay overnight? Will anyone go with you and stay nearby?

Hi @slimkim :D i'll definitely be updating! I think if it wasn't for this site i would have driven myself crazy already so i'll be coming back to make sure i stay as sane as possible haha
I'm hoping for the bypass so they say that's between 1 and 3 days stay - depending on how you are after surgery i suppose. The hospital isn't far from my house, i think 25 minutes tops so my mom will be coming with me and she'll be near by if i do need anything and more of my family will be able to visit if they would like to. I'm glad the hospital is so close because it's likely i will forget to pack something in my bag and i'll have to call my mom and ask her to bring it with her when she visits. haha She's insisting shes gonna be visiting me everyday while i'm there even though i tried to talk her out of it. But secretly i'm kind of glad she isn't listening to me :D

Hiya I’m just catching up with a few alerts, really pleased to read you now have another date and an added bonus of a private hospital/room too. Good luck xxx

Thanks @Bling Babe How are you doing? your date is getting closer now too isn't it?

Glad you got another date hunnu xxxx

Thank you @Lottiewishes :D

I'm down 16kg on my pre op diet now and there's technically (because it's after midnight) a week to go from today. ONE WEEK. Crazy to think. I'm still waiting for my confirmation letter because i'm not sure of times and stuff but if i haven't got it by Friday i will call them to check everything is still going forward.

My family keep asking me if I'm nervous and strangely i'm still not. I'm sure it will sink in though in the last few days.

I ordered some new PJs online and got some other things to pack in my bag. I still need to get vitamins and protein shakes but both of these things confuse me because there's so many to choose from so i don't know if i'd be getting the right ones. Does anyone have any suggestions for those?

I feel right on the verge of my brand new life. I think that's why i'm probably not nervous yet... i think the overriding feeling is HOPE. I feel hopeful that my life is going to get so much better and even if it didn't i still feel hope because i know i'm actually trying to make it so. I just can't wait now.. this week can't go fast enough! lol

I'm down 16kg on my pre op diet now and there's technically (because it's after midnight) a week to go from today. ONE WEEK. Crazy to think. I'm still waiting for my confirmation letter because i'm not sure of times and stuff but if i haven't got it by Friday i will call them to check everything is still going forward.

My family keep asking me if I'm nervous and strangely i'm still not. I'm sure it will sink in though in the last few days.

I ordered some new PJs online and got some other things to pack in my bag. I still need to get vitamins and protein shakes but both of these things confuse me because there's so many to choose from so i don't know if i'd be getting the right ones. Does anyone have any suggestions for those?

I feel right on the verge of my brand new life. I think that's why i'm probably not nervous yet... i think the overriding feeling is HOPE. I feel hopeful that my life is going to get so much better and even if it didn't i still feel hope because i know i'm actually trying to make it so. I just can't wait now.. this week can't go fast enough! lol
Ahh it is very exciting and you are doing so well, good luck to you xx

I'm actually excited for you! I can't wait to hear about how you are feeling in the next few weeks. Santogen A-Z vitamins are great and I've seen it recommended by different bariatric programmes. I get my protein powder from Myprotein online. It'll work out cheaper to get the powder then to get the premade versions. Also try and get a powder with low sugar so as to not upset your stomach. Search whey isolate protein powder and those versions are usually lower in sugar.

I use Bassetts Young Adults. I have to take 2 a day. I will switch to Sanatogen A-Z when I’m on solids. They’re like a gum that you suck and taste nice. With regards to protein, I did use some Cambridge soups as they are 16.6g of porotein. I moved off these and made my own pea & ham soup and a chicken and veg one which I added Marvel powder to and these ended up 16g per 200ml portion. I froze them with some fluid bags that I bought from Home Bargains. Good luck x

I use Bassetts Young Adults. I have to take 2 a day.

I'm going to get a bottle of these for post op! I love the tips you get from these threads :D

I'm going to get a bottle of these for post op! I love the tips you get from these threads :D
They’re in boxes and you can get them in most supermarkets. The Young Adult ones have more minerals etc in them.

I'm actually excited for you! I can't wait to hear about how you are feeling in the next few weeks. Santogen A-Z vitamins are great and I've seen it recommended by different bariatric programmes. I get my protein powder from Myprotein online. It'll work out cheaper to get the powder then to get the premade versions. Also try and get a powder with low sugar so as to not upset your stomach. Search whey isolate protein powder and those versions are usually lower in sugar.

I use Bassetts Young Adults. I have to take 2 a day. I will switch to Sanatogen A-Z when I’m on solids. They’re like a gum that you suck and taste nice. With regards to protein, I did use some Cambridge soups as they are 16.6g of porotein. I moved off these and made my own pea & ham soup and a chicken and veg one which I added Marvel powder to and these ended up 16g per 200ml portion. I froze them with some fluid bags that I bought from Home Bargains. Good luck x

Thank you for the help ladies! I'm gonna attempt to get my vitamins again today.
I was looking on myprotein and I saw an Active Women Diet Blend that was only 96 calories and 21kg per serving, do you think that would be any good? It has lots of extra vitamins in too.

Thank you for the help ladies! I'm gonna attempt to get my vitamins again today.
I was looking on myprotein and I saw an Active Women Diet Blend that was only 96 calories and 21kg per serving, do you think that would be any good? It has lots of extra vitamins in too.

That looks like a good mix as its low in carbs/sugars and high in protein. Its great that it also has lots of vitamins & fibre too. I'm trying out the whey isolate from that site and so far I like them. I don't like thick drinks like smoothies or milkshakes and the whey isolate I have mixes really thin. Its like you're drinking flavoured milk.

Have you started packing your bag for the hospital? How's the LSD going?

Great news on the date, good luck. Can't believe it is happening.

As I said to Kim in another post, I wouldn’t buy too much in terms of food/shakes etc pre-op as you’re really not that interested in food and tastebuds change. So something you like/fancy now, you may not be able to even look at post op! Things taste so much sweeter. Also, as foreign as this is for me, don’t worry about the calories. You need to look at high protein, low sugar & fat. Can’t remember which WLS you’re having, but that’s my bypass experience (I am a novice of only 4 weeks out though).

Right at the beginning
Have my MDT in March then will need to do 6 sessions over 12 weeks & loss the weight they require me too. So yeah right at the beginning

It will be here before you know it. I always felt like it was taking FOREVER to get anywhere and when you're actually living it it seems to go slow but then you look back at how much time has passed and realise its actually gone really fast. To think its more than half way through January is crazy so March will be here in no tie at all :) Xx

I am good Victoria thanks, weigh day Saturday xx

Good luck for tomorrow :) Xx

That looks like a good mix as its low in carbs/sugars and high in protein. Its great that it also has lots of vitamins & fibre too. I'm trying out the whey isolate from that site and so far I like them. I don't like thick drinks like smoothies or milkshakes and the whey isolate I have mixes really thin. Its like you're drinking flavoured milk.

Have you started packing your bag for the hospital? How's the LSD going?

Thanks i think i will give it a try then and see how it goes :D
I haven't started packing yet, i'm gonna get started on it this weekend. I think i have got everything i need now its just a matter of putting it all in my bag. I can't actually believe its almost time to be packing my bag.
My mom is gonna drive to the hospital this weekend too just to make sure she knows where it is and see how long it takes to get there. It's exciting :D still no nerves!

Great news on the date, good luck. Can't believe it is happening.

Thank you Ian, you too!! And i know, it's exciting. It seems like a long time coming for me. Were you supposed to be doing your pre op diet for longer than you will be able to? I had to do mine for 6 weeks and then my first date got cancelled but they told me to stay on my pre op diet so by the time my surgery comes i would have been on the pre op diet for over 7 weeks

As I said to Kim in another post, I wouldn’t buy too much in terms of food/shakes etc pre-op as you’re really not that interested in food and tastebuds change. So something you like/fancy now, you may not be able to even look at post op! Things taste so much sweeter. Also, as foreign as this is for me, don’t worry about the calories. You need to look at high protein, low sugar & fat. Can’t remember which WLS you’re having, but that’s my bypass experience (I am a novice of only 4 weeks out though).

Yeah i'm reluctant to do any large meal prep or anything in case it doesn't sit well. I've never had protein shakes before so don't even know if i like them generally. But i'm gonna get one of the smallest bags and give it a go and see if they're any good for me.

I've felt really hungry the last few days and i'm not sure why because i've eaten the same amount as what i have been eating the whole time. I haven't given in to any extras and i'm trying to drink more to feel a bit more full but it isn't really working and it sounds silly but i'm feeling a little irritable because of it. I've been feeling hungry last night but still don't wanna eat anything yet because if i eat too early i'll just hungry again tonight so i'm trying to wait it out a bit longer and hopefully i'll be able to think of something filling to have for lunch!

Back