• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My story so far... (finally got my date!!)

slimkim

Irene44

Maria61

Today is exactly a year since my bypass surgery so i thought i should make the time to come online with an update.
I weighed myself today and I'm 16st 7lb which is a loss of 10st 13lb since my surgery and I think 16st 1lb total from the start of my weight loss surgery journey.
It's been an absolutely crazy year, full of ups and downs. My life has changed so so much and it's extremely overwhelming.
Most of last year was absolutely amazing for me. I've gone from a size 34-36 to a size 20, Become a lot more mobile, started learning how to drive and have generally felt more independent and useful. But sadly it wasn't all good. Last July, my aunt was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and by august it had already spread to her brain. By mid November she was in a hospice with all treatment options failing to make her any better or prolong her life. December 20th she got fluid on her lungs that became infected and we were told she only had a few days left to live. As our family rallied round her my other and eldest aunt was rushed into the hospital and sadly died the next day, December 21st, of heart failure. My aunt with cancer died on the 27th. It was a heartbreaking time for us all, They had a joint funeral which was a wonderful send off for them. Lots of people came and donated over £600 to two charities that helped both my aunts during their lives. But even in the saddest times I found myself being so thankful for my surgery and my weight loss because it meant i could be there for them how i couldn't have been before. I was able to visit my aunt in the hospice every other day, I was able to push her down to the cafe in her wheelchair, get her cake and put a smile on her face. I was able to attend their funeral and actually be a support for my family and not just something else they had to take care of.
I don't regret a single thing about having my surgery. It was the best choice I ever made for myself and I will say to anyone that is considering having surgery but are still unsure about it, DO IT! It will change your life more than you ever expected. It's hard, but it's worth it. And to anyone waiting for their dates... I'm so excited for you and the new life you have ahead of you. :hugs:
Congratulations Victoria on your fantastic achievement and so very sorry for your double loss. Love and hugs xxx

Emma1504

Aw Emma I'm SO SO happy for you!! I'm sorry i missed your countdown i bet that was so exciting. How are you doing with everything? It's definitely an emotional ride but it's all worth it. Welcome to the losers bench! Your life is never gonna be the same :D Xx

I am doing ok
One day at s time
On thicker purée stage at the moment
Be nice to eat something crispy lol
When I read your story & how confident you sound know it let’s me know how worth it is x

View attachment 21408

I found this picture of me from when I was at my biggest. I was so shocked when I saw it because I never felt as big as I look. Think I look like I’ve been blown up with air! Haha

View attachment 21409

View attachment 21410

Then these pictures are from 3 days ago in my PJs haha

WOW
I am over the moon for you
You look so different & happy
If I remember right sharing a full picture of yourself wasn’t something you could do. But now...BOOM...Victoria is in the room!!!!
So pleased for you x

Sarnie

View attachment 21408

I found this picture of me from when I was at my biggest. I was so shocked when I saw it because I never felt as big as I look. Think I look like I’ve been blown up with air! Haha

View attachment 21409

View attachment 21410

Then these pictures are from 3 days ago in my PJs haha
Wow, you've done so well Victoria, what a great transformation, you should be so proud of yourself hun, you look great. Thanks for sharing xx

Ian2Big

Hi @_Victoria_ , It doesn't seem like a year ago that we both were at the start of an amazing transformation. You look great.
You are right it is a life changing operation.

_Victoria_

Hey everyone!! Thanks so much for all the lovely comments. It’s been a while since I signed and today I was watching “my 600lb life are they now?” And it made me want to check in with everyone.

I’ve been doing okay myself! Still losing weight, I’m now at 14st 7lb which is lighter than I was in my early teenage years. My life has changed so much it’s hard to get my head around sometimes. I’ve even started dating which is complicated stuff!! Haha

I hope you’re all doing well, I’m going to try and catch up on some diaries but I’m signed in on my iPad and I’m not sure how to navigate the site on this thing so wish me luck! Haha

_Victoria_

This is the latest picture of me that I’ve taken. I took it last weekend before going out for lunch and cocktails with my cousins girlfriend.

Attachments

• 742D316A-83A8-45F8-B471-83727B5BD2AD.jpeg
    742D316A-83A8-45F8-B471-83727B5BD2AD.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 12

Bling Babe

Hey everyone!! Thanks so much for all the lovely comments. It’s been a while since I signed and today I was watching “my 600lb life are they now?” And it made me want to check in with everyone.

I’ve been doing okay myself! Still losing weight, I’m now at 14st 7lb which is lighter than I was in my early teenage years. My life has changed so much it’s hard to get my head around sometimes. I’ve even started dating which is complicated stuff!! Haha

I hope you’re all doing well, I’m going to try and catch up on some diaries but I’m signed in on my iPad and I’m not sure how to navigate the site on this thing so wish me luck! Haha
Hiya Victoria, you look fabulous and your weight loss is astounding, very well done, dating.....ohhhh, enjoy it !! Did you pass your driving test ? Keep up the great work and be very proud of yourself xxx

Sarnie

Hi Victoria, so good to hear from you especially as you are doing so well. Great photo and wow look at you now. I often wonder how I'm going to get my head around being a normal size, it's been so long I've forgotten what it's like. And go you for dating, scary stuff eh!? Keep up the good work, you really have done so well xx

_Victoria_

Hiya Victoria, you look fabulous and your weight loss is astounding, very well done, dating.....ohhhh, enjoy it !! Did you pass your driving test ? Keep up the great work and be very proud of yourself xxx

Hey Bling!! I still haven’t booked my test yet, I keep putting it off because I’m so nervous about it lol i’ve Still been taking lessons though and they’re going okay :)

I’m NOT enjoying dating so far lol I met a guy and it hasn’t worked out and after not being with someone for so long I haven’t really been sure how to handle things emotionally but I suppose it’s all a learning experience. It’s strange how comfortable you get being overweight. Sometimes being slimmer gets overwhelming but hopefully I’ll get there :)

_Victoria_

Hi Victoria, so good to hear from you especially as you are doing so well. Great photo and wow look at you now. I often wonder how I'm going to get my head around being a normal size, it's been so long I've forgotten what it's like. And go you for dating, scary stuff eh!? Keep up the good work, you really have done so well xx

Thank you, Sarnie! You look like you’re doing really well yourself from your profile picture!!
From my personal experience I STILL haven’t got my head around it. It really is very strange. I’m unsure if I ever will to be honest. It doesn’t seem to set in as normal but I haven’t really settled yet, I’m always trying to push more, there’s always another goal. Maybe when I run out of things I need to change about myself and can take some time to reflect that might change but that still seems a long way off for me lol

Bling Babe

Hey Bling!! I still haven’t booked my test yet, I keep putting it off because I’m so nervous about it lol i’ve Still been taking lessons though and they’re going okay :)

I’m NOT enjoying dating so far lol I met a guy and it hasn’t worked out and after not being with someone for so long I haven’t really been sure how to handle things emotionally but I suppose it’s all a learning experience. It’s strange how comfortable you get being overweight. Sometimes being slimmer gets overwhelming but hopefully I’ll get there :)
Bite the bullet and book that test 😁, time your time with the dating when Mr right comes along you will know quite quickly but there’s no hurry xx

Sarnie

Thank you, Sarnie! You look like you’re doing really well yourself from your profile picture!!
From my personal experience I STILL haven’t got my head around it. It really is very strange. I’m unsure if I ever will to be honest. It doesn’t seem to set in as normal but I haven’t really settled yet, I’m always trying to push more, there’s always another goal. Maybe when I run out of things I need to change about myself and can take some time to reflect that might change but that still seems a long way off for me lol
Thanks hun.
I think we just have to go with the flow and see where it takes us.
As for the dating use it all as a learning experience, to get to know what you like and don't like in a relationship, it's about finding yourself and your own boundaries as much as anything else and then you'll find Mr. Right, usually when you least expect it lol x

OkieGirl

Aaaah! You look amazing Victoria! Congrats on the dating as well! So very happy for you!

_Victoria_

Hello everyone! Hope you’re all doing well... just popping in for a quick update! My weight hasn’t changed much since the last post. I seem to be losing and gaining the same 7lb and then after a couple of months drop a few extra and the cycle will start again.

Life is BUSY. I never really thought I’d say that but people can rely on you a lot more when you’re thinner and more able so I’ve been taking care of my sisters kids sometimes while she’s at work, I have more hospital appointments than ever because now I have more confidence to try and sort out some lifelong disability issues, I’m still having my driving lessons... it seems all go. I’m glad for it though, even though it can be draining sometimes it feels like I’m living the dream and that I have exactly what I wished for during the two years I was waiting for my surgery.

Me and the guy I was seeing have got back together and so far the second time around seems much better than the first! Things are going really great and we just spent 3 whole nights and 3 whole days together which is the longest period of time we’ve spent together so far and I think we’ve both been in a little love bubble since then! I call it having the warm and fuzzies :oops: haha

I still have big confidence issues when it comes to my body. What was super fat is now saggy and ugly but I’d say I’m still thankful for the sag with how much better my life is now. There’s new struggles and a whole range of new emotions and things but overall I still say the surgery is the best thing I’ve ever done for myself.

I miss you guys! Seems weird I used to sit on this site for hours now I barely have time to be here for one hour lol

Dawn5009

Wow you look amazing Victoria:0clapper: I am really excited for Tuesday now just want to get it over with. Good idea to take pic before and after I hate my picture taken but will take a couple to look back on