• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Tummy Tuck journey

OK, 4 days post op....am going back to the hospital this morning to get fitted with the compression garment. Its been a long weekend, not really bad pain but so much burning and stinging, anyone know if this is normal? I have sneezed 3 times OMG it felt like my stomach was ripping open!!!!! Had my best nights sleep last night so things must be getting better. They took 3lbs off me and my tummy is nice and flat but i am very swollen and I can't fit into any of my clothes other then leggings and maxi dresses. I have had some regrets but I think thats just cos I am feeling a bit chitty, I know once the burning stops and I can sneeze without having a seizure I will be happy about it all.
Been reading other peoples posts and its the same story here, feel sick when I eat so not eating too much. Managed to wash my hair over the bath last night.....I so want a shower but no-one said anything about it too me and I still have a massive big plaster over the cut so will ask today.

Well enough from me, I will try and update more regularly....not really been feeling being on the computer the last 2 days.

Mandy x

Went and got my compression garment and my PS also wanted to see me, he told me that I got discharged too quick and I should have stayed in until Sunday and he wasn't happy with that. He looked and said everything was great, no build up of fluids and swelling was normal. I have the big plaster off on Friday and then I can have a shower :)

Stopped and did a little shopping on the way home, tummy is burning a little bit more but can't just lay about all the time.

Mandy x

Just took pain meds, maybe over did it a little yesterday and I am alot more tired today then I was yesterday. Have taken the compression garment off for a little bit while I sit down as it is really warm and with the burning in my tummy too its not nice. Still not been to the loo, its been almost a week? Not been able to eat much these last 2 days as every time I do I feel sick and last night I felt as though I was going to pass out, my OH said I look very pale. If you have had this done can you tell me, when you stopped taking the pain meds and when the burning and stinging stopped or became more bearable?

Mandy x

Sorry cant help you Mandy but i hope you feel better soon im sure it will be worth it even though it probably dont seem like it at the moment xxx

Hey there thankyou so much for posting i will be having my tummytuck two weeks tomoz! Ive lost 17 stone and still unsure what type of tuck im having. Have my preop tomoz at whiston. Im sure it will go ok but im very worried. Im 5lbs heavier then usual due to time of the month :( hoping this wont effect surgery.

Goodluck with rest of healing and please keep posting x

Just took pain meds, maybe over did it a little yesterday and I am alot more tired today then I was yesterday. Have taken the compression garment off for a little bit while I sit down as it is really warm and with the burning in my tummy too its not nice. Still not been to the loo, its been almost a week? Not been able to eat much these last 2 days as every time I do I feel sick and last night I felt as though I was going to pass out, my OH said I look very pale. If you have had this done can you tell me, when you stopped taking the pain meds and when the burning and stinging stopped or became more bearable?

Mandy x

I took my meds for around 4 or 5 days once I came home, mainly at night time to help me sleep. I didn't have any pain or burning/stinging sensations, apart from when I coughed or sneezed. Hope you feel better soon:)

Clair x

Thanks for the comments, was starting to think no-one was reading the thread x

Still not gone to the loo so I am trying ducolease, will give it another 2 days then go see my gp. Am getting more mobile now and had a little drive in the car with no complications. Tummy is sill burning but having read up on it apparently it is normal and something to do with the nerves?

Each day is getting better, looking forward to friday when i can get the big plaster off, see the scar and have a shower!!!!!!!!!!!

Im a bit further down the line than u are, I'm now back on my feet although my incision is still bright bright red had my op on the 4th may ... It will get better and wen that plaster comes off and you can have a nice shower you will feel better. I bio oil my incision every day. Still get slight pains if I move funny the nerves can take up to six months to repair. Timbers a healer don't over do it xxx

Hi Tink,

Thanks for the advice, was just saying to my mum today that i think the big plaster covering the incision is what is causing me the most pain. I am so looking forward to having a shower on friday!!!! I will get some of the oil and do the same, i'm a bit squeamish about seeing the cut on friday....I hope its not too bad!

Mandy x

Yeah, will take some of the pressure away ..... Friday will soon be here ... I went to reach for a file today and omg dis I feel it... So don't push yourself at all xxx

Good luck mandy xx

Found it really interesting to read this thread.
This is one bit I DREAD, even more than going in for my wls itself! I dont know if i will ever bring myself to have a tummy tuck or anything.
But good on you, I bet you wont regret it once youre all healed up>
Youre before and after weight loss photos look amazing, well done!

Thanks Janie, I only had some regrets when I wasn't feeling too good...but like you said I wont regret it when its all over with. I also had the bypass and knew that I would have an apron at the end of it so this is something I always knew I wanted. Good luck with your wls and start a journal, it really does help.

Thanks for reading mine.

Mandy x

Have now uploaded photos of my weightloss journey and 2 photos of me before my tummy tuck, I wouldn't click into the tummytuck ones as they are huge and you cant see anything??? just view from the thumbnails x

heya mandy how you feeling?..
its so lovely to read your doing better , make sure you rest enough though :).
ill pop back & read later incase an update , have a good day xx

Having a good day today, I find in the mornings I am really stiff a tight so have to bend more....but as the day goes on I become more straight and feel alot better. I have just uploaded some post op photos, I am ever so swollen so please bear this in mind when look :) Let me know what you think! x

I am posting this smillie face in at least ten forums just so that I can get my 50 posts to be able to do more stuff in here. Please forgive me in advance.

:banana dancer: :thankyou:

Ok this might be too much information for any men who read this, so be warned STOP READING!

I have noticed today that my mons pubis is extremely swollen (this is the area of skin on my pubic bone) is very swollen, now I noticed it was pulled up nice and tight following my TT and I thought yay it looks great...now it looks like it did prior to the TT. Have googled it and apparently it is totally normal, arghhh....lol, not convinced! Has anyone else had this or heard anyone else have this and will it go away??

Mandy x

Back