• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nerves Kicking in!

Audrey74

Hello everyone,

My nerves have well and truly kicked in now. I began my pre-op diet on Friday and will be the proud owner of a band on the 9th May! Anyone else out there getting their surgery that day?

So far on this diet I have lost 7lb's, I know its just fluids but im so chuffed! My main concern now is sticking to it, I have been sticking to it by the letter but I can see myself struggling in a few more days. Im doing the high protein low calorie diet instead of the milk diet.

I would love to hear from anyone who is at the same stage as me or others who have any advice to give to a nervous wreck!

Thanks
Audrey

Hi Audrey :) I'm not at the same stage as you but just wanted to welcome you to the forum. The only advice I can give about the pre-op diet is to try and vary it as much as possible as I was eating the same thing for a few days and that made me nauseous in the end! Good luck on your journey x x

I can understand that, My nerves are kicking in as well. Getting my bypass on 8 May, so one day before you. Good luck.

Doing great, actually, it took me a while to get used to it. My stomach doesn't always like it But it's going well, how about you?

First few days i was starvin!. Now im used to it, drinking lots of squash! Everytime i think of surgery next Thursday my tummy leaps over! Just want it done and over with now!

I know what you mean. I started out doing starving as well, now I am getting used to it. which diet did you do?

Im on high protein low carbs diet, its low calories,but surviving with help of sugar-free ice pops! Where you having your surgery?

How long have you had to wait from the time you first saw the consultant to when you got the date if I may ask?

I saw my consultant in January, so not too bad either. Was supposed to have the bypass on 15 April, but they didn't have any beds available then, so was postponed.

Back