• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New dawn starting!

borogirl

Well thanks to all for keeping me motivated so far. I go in Sunderland tomorrow for my op (either sleeve or bypass:confused:) to have the procedure Friday.:eek:
Not sunk in yet!
Hope everyone else getting done in the next couple of days is OK :))
;)

Good luck to you :)

Good luck hun :)

Good luck and all the best x

Good Luck hun xx

Hi
Had great laugh with Carla from the forum at Sunderland tonight, along with 2 other ladies. Can't sleep even with ear plugs in. Very very nervous and feel sick and shaky. It's going to be a long night before surgery in the morning!!

Good luck Borogirl, so glad i logged on here today so i didn't miss wishing you all the best. Xxx

Hi. It's 4.15 am but I have had a few hours sleep so feel better. I was done at 9am yesterday and was in recovery for a long time. I was so scared I think i wound myself up too much. Dissent get 1 ounce of sleep night before due to anxiety and also a very ill old lady in my ward, bless her. She hadn't had our type of surgery but was exceptionally ill, with the main lights on in my bay all night. I can honestly say the staff were so nice, from everyone on the ward, to the porters who were calming me down and especially to the theatre nurses who held my hand as I cried and cried. I honestly think my recovery would have been easier if I had been in a stronger and more relaxed frame of mind. My poor hubby had to deal with me breaking down etc. the ladies I met (Carla, Norma and Christine) really helped too. Dr Balupuri was so lovely, kind and caring.
Anyway I couldn't believe that I was up and about and I felt great at about 5pm.
I don't know the ins and ours yet, think I find out in the doctors round today as to whether my hernia was repaired. Got to get 1 litre if water down me today but no food. However I have not had a pang of hunger once yet.
My painkillers are wearing off so about to buzz, I had a lot if morphine yesterday which helped greatly! Just wanted to give you an insight into the first 24 hours! U gave put my hubby, parents, kids and family through hell with worry and I am so lucky to have them on board.
Xxx

Gentle cyber hugs to you hun. Now rest, heal & sleep. Today is the start of a new life for you ... Congrats Boragirl xxx:553:

Well done, you are through the op and your new life starts here! Wishing you a speedy recovery. I'm in Sunderland on Monday for op on Tues. I've not been sleeping either with worry. I suppose it's natural to worry. Take care and just keep taking the painkillers. Look forward to following your weightloss journey xxx

Back