• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New dawn starting!

Good to hear, you're sounding well.

Glad to hear it all went well, wishing you a speedy recovery, take it easy and be kind to yourself.xxx

Are you home now Borogirl? How you feeling? Hope your doing well, looking forward to hearing about your progress.. X

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done boro girl, I wasn't very co operative in recovery I felt SO SICK it was horrible, I couldn't breath I felt like someone was stamping on my chest, the first 5hours post op had to have been the worst for over the whole operation. I'm not 7 days post op and I feel on top form. I hope you make a speedy recovery. Xx

Hi. It's 4.15 am but I have had a few hours sleep so feel better. I was done at 9am yesterday and was in recovery for a long time. I was so scared I think i wound myself up too much. Dissent get 1 ounce of sleep night before due to anxiety and also a very ill old lady in my ward, bless her. She hadn't had our type of surgery but was exceptionally ill, with the main lights on in my bay all night. I can honestly say the staff were so nice, from everyone on the ward, to the porters who were calming me down and especially to the theatre nurses who held my hand as I cried and cried. I honestly think my recovery would have been easier if I had been in a stronger and more relaxed frame of mind. My poor hubby had to deal with me breaking down etc. the ladies I met (Carla, Norma and Christine) really helped too. Dr Balupuri was so lovely, kind and caring.
Anyway I couldn't believe that I was up and about and I felt great at about 5pm.
I don't know the ins and ours yet, think I find out in the doctors round today as to whether my hernia was repaired. Got to get 1 litre if water down me today but no food. However I have not had a pang of hunger once yet.
My painkillers are wearing off so about to buzz, I had a lot if morphine yesterday which helped greatly! Just wanted to give you an insight into the first 24 hours! U gave put my hubby, parents, kids and family through hell with worry and I am so lucky to have them on board.
Xxx

I'm so pleased everything went well for you and your now on the road to recovery ,everyone around you will be so relieved that they don't need to worry now and you can start to build a new healthy ,wonderful and long life together , sending cyber hugs x Linz x

Hi yes home on Sun. I thought the staff at Sunderland were great, best of luck for your op. the other patients getting it done were also really nice.
I feel exhausted since coming back home and struggling to eat as not hungry but trying to make more of an effort. X

Last edited by a moderator:
Back