• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New & nervous!!

Stephysimbow

Hello all!

Just joined last night, as last night I booked my consultation and provisional Gastric Bypass date with Marcus Landauer for 7th & 14th January 2011!! So it's all feeling very real now. It's at Spire in Manchester.

Bit about me; 23 nearly 24!, Teaching Assistant, has a lovely boyfriend and brother (v.supportive), been thinking of doing this for years but only just took the plunge!

I'm not telling any of my friends, so I'll probably be bothering all of you with my worries and all the info I get :p

Thanks!
Steph xxx

Very best wishes to you on your wls journey... most answers are on the thread here... some very experienced wls Members and good to see you. All the very best to you xxx

Welcome to the forum, you dont have long to wait. You will love it on here xxx

Hi Steph and :welcome: to WLS, feel free to ask all the questions you want, theres usually someone around who will know the answer.........if not I can make it up ;) XX

Hi stephy, welcome to the site.

I booked my op through Marcus at the Spire too (under Mr Ammori the most amazing surgeon ever).

I arranged all my pre-op over the phone so had my appointment Thursday, op on friday, home in Glasgow on saturday!

Hopefully you've asked for Mr Ammori as everyone I know who has had their op with him has been happy with their results. I've had no problems, wound sites are very very neat, have good restriction and good tolerance of any food.

I'm now 15 weeks out and have lost 4 stone post op and 2 stone on pre-op and life is great.

Keep us posted on your journey and if you have any questions, ask away!!

GOOD LUCK

Hi Steph, Welcome to the site everyone is so helpful here. I had my op at Manchester Spire under Mr Li on 5/10/10. I've found them very supportive and helpful. Hope all goes well.

Hi Steph and welcome to the site.
Grace xx

Hi Steph and :welcome: I also had my bypass at the Spire with the fantastic Mr Ammori I had all my checks on the Thursday op on the Friday and back home on the Sunday. Good Luck.

Hi everyone!!

Thanks for the great welcome.

I've got Mr. Ammori, very excited as I've heard such wonderful things!

Soooo happy I found this forum!! :)

Hi Steph welcome to the forum there's so many supportive ppl ere ur make some good friends good lick with ur surgery will look forward to following ur journey xx

Mr Ammori is the Daddy of WLS :D and Yes Im biased lol but he really has got a reputation beyond reproach....he is liovely too. Very soft spoken and a real gent :D XX

welcome Steph and good luck

Hi Steph and welcome... Well done on making the life changing decision to have surgery. You are not the only one who hasn't told people about their wls as some find this a very private and personal affair (i tell people but we are all different) and it is your business alone....

Please make use of all the time you have to do your research on here and find out everything you need to know to make your surgery a success. As experienced bypassers will tell you, the surgery is only part of it, there's still a lot for you to do xxxx

Hi Steph, Welcome to the WLS family, theres always someone here to chat to.

phatmomma said:
Hi Steph and welcome... Well done on making the life changing decision to have surgery. You are not the only one who hasn't told people about their wls as some find this a very private and personal affair (i tell people but we are all different) and it is your business alone....

Please make use of all the time you have to do your research on here and find out everything you need to know to make your surgery a success. As experienced bypassers will tell you, the surgery is only part of it, there's still a lot for you to do xxxx

Hiya!

I naively didn't realise all that went along with having surgery, especially the repercussions with eating afterwards, but it all sounds well worth it.

I'm just excited to feel comfortable in my own skin. I'm just slightly worried about what I will tell people when I have to eat puréed food, and can't eat a lot or at all in restaurants when I'm seeing my friends!

One of my best friends has been told as she has struggled with body issues all her life and is so non-judgemental and fab, but my other close friend has the attitude of 'surgery is the easy way out for rich people'. So it would be difficult to tell her.

I'm rambling! Anyway thanks for the warm welcome :)

Back