• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie, My Journey So Far

NigelG

Hi Everyone, Only just found you all. The reason being I was looking for other Bariatric Patients going through the Pre Op Milk Diet which I am currently undertaking Day 4 of 21. When I dropped on your site.
After reading many posts all very positive and supportive. I thought Yes this site isn't at all judgemental about the person and would be a real help to me as I embark on this Life changing procedure. My choice is to have the Gastric Band for reasons I can share later. I would just like to ask the moderators how in depth can you go regarding your story and how you reached this point in your life? The reason I ask, is that I have been writing my story down for myself to help me to understand what I did to get here. I am quiet willing to share but it is a long, but obviously I think a worthwhile one. Any advice would be welcome....
Alternatively, I can start from where I am today as I approach my Operation on February 17 2017 at Dewsbury Hospital, Mid Yorkshire NHS Trust.
Look Forward to being an active member.
Good Luck Everyone
NigelG

Hi, is there something I have done wrong or fell foul of in the rules? As I have noticed that other newbies posts are available to members well after I submitted mine....
Regards
NigelG

No nothing you have done. As a newbie your posts go into moderation to be approved. Im on my lunch break now so I've approved them.

I would say yes to sharing, it would be greatto hear your story but maybe start a pre op diary.

Also that may go into moderation too if its a long post so bear with me on that.

Right, back to work.

Hello and welcome :)
The more we share of our journey the more we can help each other so another vote here for sharing. A lot of us keep diaries and I love reading them plus I find it useful to be able to look back on where I've come from too :)

Hi and welcome :) I keep a diary and it's my new years resolution to keep coming back on here as the support is amazing

Hi Everyone, Only just found you all. The reason being I was looking for other Bariatric Patients going through the Pre Op Milk Diet which I am currently undertaking Day 4 of 21. When I dropped on your site.
After reading many posts all very positive and supportive. I thought Yes this site isn't at all judgemental about the person and would be a real help to me as I embark on this Life changing procedure. My choice is to have the Gastric Band for reasons I can share later. I would just like to ask the moderators how in depth can you go regarding your story and how hello and welcome nigel you reached this point in your life? The reason I ask, is that I have been writing my story down for myself to help me to understand what I did to get here. I am quiet willing to share but it is a long, but obviously I think a worthwhile one. Any advice would be welcome....
Alternatively, I can start from where I am today as I approach my Operation on February 17 2017 at Dewsbury Hospital, Mid Yorkshire NHS Trust.
Look Forward to being an active member.
Good Luck Everyone
NigelG
Hello and welcome nigel

Hello, welcome and good luck with your journey, I haven't as yet read your main post but I will be reading it and look forward to more

Thank You everyone for the welcome I have received on Day 1.
Well its 11:15pm and i've just finished the last drop of my 2 ltrs of Milk for today. Apart from slight constipation and the fact that the milk is a bit sickly as you reach the end of the day. I feel OK, but its only day 4 still 17 to go. I may feel quite different about it by the end.
Night Night Everybody

Hello and welcome! Your patterns of eating are familiar to lots of us - many a time I was sat all night at the table until after my bedtime pushing liver around my plate and occasionally it would reappear for breakfast....

Hi and welcome to the site x

Thank You everyone for the welcome I have received on Day 1.
Well its 11:15pm and i've just finished the last drop of my 2 ltrs of Milk for today. Apart from slight constipation and the fact that the milk is a bit sickly as you reach the end of the day. I feel OK, but its only day 4 still 17 to go. I may feel quite different about it by the end.
Night Night Everybody
hi nigel I'm on day 16 and lost 10lb it does get easier and don't crave at all I got another 14 days to go you can have a bovril and sugarfree jelly you can do it x

Back