• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NEWLY POST OP - LETS SEE WHAT YOUR MANAGING.....

Need to think creatively as to what might jazz it up.

I'm hoping someone does have some ideas, all those pots of blended quorn are mocking me.

Can't see why you wouldn't use same spices as before in your food, maybe tone it down a bit first few times in case it upsets the acid balance?? Follow it with milky yoghurt :)

Can't see why you wouldn't use same spices as before in your food, maybe tone it down a bit first few times in case it upsets the acid balance?? Follow it with milky yoghurt :)

I had a friends curry on holiday. Used to love it. Post bypass, it's too spicy and I vomited. I rarely use spices in my food, I much prefer to taste what I am eating! ;)

I have tonnes of waitrose chicken consommé which was boring the heck out of me. I added cumin and it is nice now. I also added a teaspoon of Tom yum paste to beef consommé to make it better.

I didn't realise there was a restriction on spices. There's been no ill effect if you know what I mean.

I was told to use spices to make food more interesting :)
I've got lots of pots of mince chilli in the freezer and find of various beans that I'm hoping to make them into soups, chilli and curry. Just because something doesn't sit right first time it doesn't mean you won't tolerate it eventually. I make a note when something doesn't sit right wait awhile then try again :)

Yeah, there is time to tolerate her curries again, they are spicy. Herbs on the other hand don't seem to be a problem, but I rarely use them. My plain tastes stem from food intolerances - I know exactly what is in my food, there is no risk of cross contamination, and I'm not intolerant to the spices I use!

I know i can use spices eventually but wasn't sure about curry at Stage 2. Thanks for advice, will add some to my shopping list. :)

Today's soup was onion... strained. Well jealous of those piles of lumps in hubby's soup.

Tommorrow will be chicken and lemon... thickened with eggs... must try not to leave on heat and scramble this time hahaha.

I long for puree :/ all this milk is no good for me. At last I found my chewable centrum vits in boots, hopefully missing a week won't be too bad :/

Tried the veg oxo in milk last night and that's really nice!

Chicken and lemon soup sounds delicious.

I had pureed cauli and quorn mince again last night. It tasted better this time, probably because of the bit mint sauce I put on the top.

This morning I've ran out of milk which has thrown me breakfast wise as I've been eating milky porridge. I've got Ready Brek that can be made with water, I guess that will have to do.

@SAM55 = ideas for quorn mince:

Add some tomato based sauce, with some garlic and herbs and some corgette, onion, mushroom etc (italian style)
Add some kidney beans, chilli, garlic and veg (chilli con carne style)
Add some gravy and veg plus a bit of mash (cottage pie style)
Add some curry flavours and add cauli and potato (allo gobi)

Yesterday I had:

Breakfast - one egg scrambled with milk (heaven)
Lunch - minced turkey, carrots and mash potato all blended with added gravy
Tea - at my little bro's, they all had roast beef with the trimmings, I had a little mash, cauli (top bit), carrot and some of the beef gravy

In between and Upbeat shake, a glass of milk, glass of coconut water, two bottles of water, two a-z vitamins.

Today:

Breakfast - half a Rosemary Conley blue scoop (yep still have these things) of porridge oats, half a scoop of banana protein powder and skimmed milk (very nice but didn't quite manage it all)
Lunch - half a fish in parsley sauce with a little mash (got some frozen stuff, which looks like potato bullets lol) and extra sauce to make it sloppy enough
Tea - is in the slow cooker for everyone, veggie chilli con carne. OH and daughter will have wholemeal basmati with there's and mine will be belnded. It smells lush :D

Fluids etc as above - happy Mazza :woohoo:

Sounds fab. I managed half a portion of m and S Thai chicken soup. So nice to have some flavours again.

All your food sounds delicious!
I've just had some mashed potato with mashed tuna. It sounds a weird combo but tasted great.

All your food sounds delicious!
I've just had some mashed potato with mashed tuna. It sounds a weird combo but tasted great.
Anything tastes great after so long on shakes! :rolleyes: Tinned food I wouldn't normally touch tastes fab. :)

@SAM55 = ideas for quorn mince:

Add some tomato based sauce, with some garlic and herbs and some corgette, onion, mushroom etc (italian style)
Add some kidney beans, chilli, garlic and veg (chilli con carne style)
Add some gravy and veg plus a bit of mash (cottage pie style)
Add some curry flavours and add cauli and potato (allo gobi)
Thanks Mazza :)

Evening all!!

Today I haven't had much to eat, had to have an hours sleep 2 til 3 as well?

Breakfast - milky scrambled egg with a little grated cheese
Lunch / tea combined - a ladle full of yesterdays chilli with a little grated cheese

I still feel full so won't have anything else food wise. Not been so good with liquids either so trying to make up for that now with a bottle of water - glug, glug!

Evening :)

Maybe last few days have filled you up @Mazza and today was an off day??? My little one is like that some days all or nothing. Although sleeping might be lack of energy?

Maybe have a shake as it's liquid and energy... Nothing wrong with a bit of puree and the odd shake... That's how I will prob introduce my purees, still having odd shake for a while... as bored as I am of them, they are useful.

Just making my way through this evenings lemon chicken soup with rice... the strained version :/ lol

Good idea @LittleMissNom, I will have a shake a bit later.

Puree d day for you tomorrow! what are you planning on having? :)

EDIT = Whoops getting ahead of myself, not til Thursday...

Last edited:
Back