• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NEWLY POST OP - LETS SEE WHAT YOUR MANAGING.....

I agree 100% with the full fat, its when you said plenty of lattes. I've met people who have four a day and food and wonder why they're not losing?

I gave up rice, pasta and bread completly becuase of the same reason. Didn't have any for six years!

If you struggle with chicken breast, normal by the way, and minced meat is ok, minced turkey is nice.

You're doing really well! how much do you have in your band now? x

I had gone up to 7.7ml now in my 10ml band .. Topped up last Wednesday .. Deff in that green zone now as everything feels different .. Not horrible different , just a slight change .. Feels good ..
I tend to have lattes at the beginning of the week , generally Monday and Tuesday ps when I'm not at work and then I'm in my fav coffee shop ! I lose hours sitting there doing my diary etc ..
Mince turkey meat loaf ! Good idea
Xxxx

One week of liquids down... I am counting from day of op. Looking forward to some puree soon, just one more week of shakes/liquid...whoopee!!

Tonight's soup was homemade minestrone... even made meatballs to go in it. They loved it... I had strained version, nice but the meat would have been lovely :)

I hear you girl!

After this next week if I never see another bloomin slim fast again it will be too soon.

Today I've had:

Two of these:

IDShot_540x540.jpg

Less cals and sugar than a slim fast and not too, too sweet. Bargain 95p and B&M Bargains.
I've also had two glasses of coconut water - yumm and apparently packed with antioxidants, amino acids, enzymes, B-complex vitamins, vitamin C and minerals like iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, manganese and zinc.
Gallons of water, or so it seems!

Staples out today and been told off for doing too much as one of my wounds has popped open, I felt it go when I got off of the sofa last night!

Not feeling to good today, no sleep and probably did too much yesterday.

Sipping on some cocomut water at the moment, contemplating a long day of shakes ahead of me..........................
:( :( Hope tomorrow is better. It is so difficult to judge what is enough and what is too much x

More ready brek, beans and cottage cheese, sardine and tomato paste with mash, all with lashings of skimmed milk to make it puree, a yoghurt and even half a shake!

Felt I had turned a corner today, with no dashes to the loo or uncomfortable bloating. Even went out to my first social event this evening. Enjoyable but exhausting being around so many people as I live on my own and have only seen one person at a time.

Finally cracked the injections tonight as a lovely nurse who I haven't had before came and patiently showed me how to get the dose right and expel the air. She even had time to stop and ask how i was. Made the decision to do it myself from now on. What a difference a person can make to your life, both negative like last night, and positive tonight.

Large scar itching like mad now, and have also found a stitch sticking out, whereas last night I was told there were no stitches. Looks like the plastic line you get on a garden strimmer!

More ready brek, beans and cottage cheese, sardine and tomato paste with mash, all with lashings of skimmed milk to make it puree, a yoghurt and even half a shake!

Felt I had turned a corner today, with no dashes to the loo or uncomfortable bloating. Even went out to my first social event this evening. Enjoyable but exhausting being around so many people as I live on my own and have only seen one person at a time.

Finally cracked the injections tonight as a lovely nurse who I haven't had before came and patiently showed me how to get the dose right and expel the air. She even had time to stop and ask how i was. Made the decision to do it myself from now on. What a difference a person can make to your life, both negative like last night, and positive tonight.

Large scar itching like mad now, and have also found a stitch sticking out, whereas last night I was told there were no stitches. Looks like the plastic line you get on a garden strimmer!
Doesn't it make a difference when someone takes the extra time to explain. My large scar also itches, and also has a stitch sticking out - it really bugs me when I look at it, but when I am not actually looking I completely forget it :) Well done on turning the corner.

Oh god, stick a Plaster over it and don't look at it again.

Oooooh when I saw my surgeon 2 weeks post op I said I was worried that I could feel a lump under my scar - he said that is my stitch - but then he said....... If it sticks out just pull it.... It will be like clear fishing line!

Now I really don't advocate that without having spoken to your own teams, but at the time I thought he was joking about it sticking out. Obviously not! Huh.

Mine are all still under the surface and I hope that they stay there! Not sure how long they take to disolve though!

Oh the things they don't tell you! I didn't know that there were stitches, I thought it was just the glue!

Hmm, I don't have stitches, I have glue and did have staples. Amazing how different thigs are lol.

@SAM55 I am so jealous of your food combo - I WANT FOOOOOOOODDDDD (why am I fat again?.........) So glad you're feeling a bit more human and you've been out and about. I hear you on the tiredness thing though. I had a group hospital meeting yesterday and I slept in til 11.30 this morning - whoops!

It was a really good meeting though, it was great to hear what the next two stages will involve, leading onto 'normal' food.

I've been invited out for a meal at TGI's on 15th October, one month post op. I'll be on fork mashable food, so I've done a deal with the OH, whereby he has salmon, gives me a bit and I pinch some of his and my daughters veg. Sorted!

So far today I've had:

Protein coffee
Coconut water
Muller vanilla yoghurt - with added milk
Nescafe mocha
Water

Six days of this liquid hell left........

I've sneaked a bit of purée early. A bit sore so will leave it for another couple of days

Food same as yesterday except I have also had pureed banana with skimmed milk for my afternoon snack. Was so looking forward to my first banana post op and it was a disappointment as although the skin looked ripe the banana tasted a bit green.

Going to try Milk of Magnesia tonight.

Phone call from district nurse this morning to say my dressing is due for checking tomorrow. It was only done two days ago, and I am seeing GP on Monday, so did I have to have to have them come (thinking I had seen the back of them yesterday) and apparently yes, so will be interesting to see who I get and whether they think there is a stitch. Did my injection myself but didn't get amount right and did too little.

Feeling tired due to doing too much brain work.

I can't remember who diluted yoghurt with milk but it is lovely!!!! Had this after my strained homemade pepperoni and tomato soup. After a day of shakes.
Did try milk, couple of tablespoons of mandarins and chocolate whey powder for shakes today... was aiming for chocolate orange hahaha... not bad but not Terry's!!!

Also started prepping for purees by blending todays family tea into meat, veg and starch portions in freezer cubes. Tonight I made a v mild chilli - meat and bean protein!!!

I sure as heck know i won't want to cook and puree each tiny portion through each day next week!!

Last edited:
I made casseroles (one lamb, one beef) and froze some portions normal, pureed some and did some pureed but added a few bits of meat and veg back in so it was part purée part normal! So one casserole was suitable for all 3 stages!

I also made cauliflower cheese and froze that in tiny portions too.

I bought 100ml pots and 250ml pots so I had small pots ready. My freezer drawers are full of soup and casserole in small portions - visually it takes a bit of getting used to that that small pot is your dinner!

All I have done for the last 2 weeks is take one or two pots out the freezer for dinner - nice and quick!

Slimfast vanilla (half bottle)
Skyr yoghurt (one third of a small pot)
Skinny cappacinno
M and s count on you lemon moose (yum)
4 quails eggs (hard boiled) blended with milk with celery salt - sounds gross (egg soup?) but was delicious
Cup of soup
3 bottles of water (1500ml) - not enough water

Slowly getting more in but yearn for a bite of something . Still, the protein coconut water delivery comes tomorrow so that should be nice

Had a bath tonight (cuts well covered with waterproof plasters) - absolutely bliss. Def feeling much like the old me again, but not hungry.

Made chocolate brownies for kids school and was not even tempted. Who is this woman???

Ok, so now I hate the for goodness shakes and (as seen on @SAM55 's posts) have moved onto Upbeat. Bit expensive as I got them from Holland & Barratt. Had a mango and passion fruit one whilst wondering around town and it was lovely and have bought a strawberry and a bluberry one to try tomorrow.

@Rose2016 protein coconut water? that sounds nice.... I'm loving my daily glass of coconut water!

Roll on Thursday......

New tastes today:
Semolina very runny - that was yum :greenapple:
added my pureed banana to a peach and apricot yoghurt drink with whey protein for a smoothie so banana tasted less 'green'.

fish in sauce with frozen spinach. (pureed of course)

2 x 5ml milk of magnesia

Supper - finish smoothie
possibly Movicol :( :sick0019:

What a fantastic idea.
My usual breakfast has been half a sachet of porridge, made sloppy with milk and with half a banana blended in.
Mid day a bit of yoghurt
Dinner time I've been having some new covent garden chicken soup blended up with lots of added milk. That tastes delicious and I look forward to it.
Tea time blended cauli and last night some blended quorn mince and gravy. It looked lovely before it was blended, and after looked disgusting. Didn't taste that good either as the texture was just wrong. Sadly I have pots of the stuff left :(

What a fantastic idea.
My usual breakfast has been half a sachet of porridge, made sloppy with milk and with half a banana blended in.
Mid day a bit of yoghurt
Dinner time I've been having some new covent garden chicken soup blended up with lots of added milk. That tastes delicious and I look forward to it.
Tea time blended cauli and last night some blended quorn mince and gravy. It looked lovely before it was blended, and after looked disgusting. Didn't taste that good either as the texture was just wrong. Sadly I have pots of the stuff left :(
I have some quorn mince in my freezer but can't get very excited about using it :( Need to think creatively as to what might jazz it up. I am a meat eater but used to eat Quorn mince a lot at a veggie friends house with small boys who liked it blended to hide the veggies she added. Anyone know if we can eat curry??

Back