• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS Tummy Tuck Diary (Pics Included)

morning all

I have updated my pics now that I'm 4 weeks post op.

Really pleased with the scar and can really see a difference now the swelling has gone down.

My only area of not being 100% happy is above my belly button where there is still some lose skin as you can see - I have a cunning plan though - i'm hoping when i get my boobs done he might be able to tighten that skin at that point - no harm in asking the questions anyway

Hi lou, I will have to ak the hubby with help to look at your photo's. Computers and I really do not mix. I have even lost the thread that I was talking to you on the other day. Never mind. What do you mean by lose skin? I am sure you look absolutely amazing. But it is worth asking the surgeon when you get your boobs done.
Was it you hun who said that you are not having implants put in?
If so i thought the same thing until i saw the surgeon, you see I have breast fed two children and my boobs are sooo empty and saggy and flat and disgusting I HATE them, so he suggested putting in a small implant which will give me back the shape that I need. I will be a pert 34d-dd at the end perfect for my 5ft 7in frame can't wait.
As for the tuck I am going to make sure that he takes out every last bit of saggy fat and lose skin. Not long 2 weeks on Sat for me. Will keep you updated. I am going to take my laptop in hospital with me, just let them try and stop me!
Another random question, does anyone know anything about Leptin? It is something to do with fat hormones and when you have had the tummy tuck it is greatly reduced and can cause you to over eat again, I am alittle worried about this... Thanx

to look at the pics you need to have posted 50 times so get on one of the word games and post post post

to find threads you have posted on click on user cp towards the top on the right

re lose skin between my boobs and my belly button i still have lose skin (when you see the pics you'll see what I mean) - i think he couldn't pull it down any more as i can't stretch it down but can stretch it up so hoping he can do something when he does my boobs and pull that bit of skin up into the boob wound when he does it

I'm lucky as the surgeon thinks he should be able to geta c cup just with an uplift and i'll be find with that as at the mo am struggling to fit my boobs into size 12 shirts because of their size.

Not long at all for you to wait

sorry for crashing your thread poppy - i posted my "i've updated my pics" post on yours rather than mine - only just realised!!!

to look at the pics you need to have posted 50 times so get on one of the word games and post post post

to find threads you have posted on click on user cp towards the top on the right

re lose skin between my boobs and my belly button i still have lose skin (when you see the pics you'll see what I mean) - i think he couldn't pull it down any more as i can't stretch it down but can stretch it up so hoping he can do something when he does my boobs and pull that bit of skin up into the boob wound when he does it

I'm lucky as the surgeon thinks he should be able to geta c cup just with an uplift and i'll be find with that as at the mo am struggling to fit my boobs into size 12 shirts because of their size.

Not long at all for you to wait
This thread sounds like a jigsaw, ha ha ha I have just come in from working nights and I have been trying to read it. As long as he pulls and tucks the right thing you will be fine
thanks for the mail advice I will get posting.
As for not long to wait I can't wait. More worried about recovery than the procedure, but after reading about you not scared at all.
How are you feeling by the way??

Your boobs are a bit like mine too big really for a size 12, but our bodies are not, but not for long hun.

Hi Poppy, hope all is well hun :hug99: Just checked your latest pics and OMG the difference when you compare the ones from October to those new ones :D The difference is amazing! Take care and will pop back soon x

Hi Shelly. I had my TT done at Addenbrookes but not by Mr Price. I was given a decision at the first consultation. You will be asked about your medical history, weighed, examined, etc. Addenbrookes is a fantastic hospital, very friendly staff. Good luck and let us know how it goes. :)
hi poppypoo did you have to go for pct thing and would i have to go thourght them to .could u help .

This thread sounds like a jigsaw, ha ha ha I have just come in from working nights and I have been trying to read it. As long as he pulls and tucks the right thing you will be fine
thanks for the mail advice I will get posting.
As for not long to wait I can't wait. More worried about recovery than the procedure, but after reading about you not scared at all.
How are you feeling by the way??

Hi Nic - feel absolutely fine - can't remember if I've said but been swimming since monday which would have been 3 weeks and 6 days post and on tuesday which was exactly 4 weeks post op i went to the gym - didn't push myself too hard but did all the machines - rower was the biggest surprise that I was fine on and i had no problems that night or the next day.

Still wearing the compression garment (althou not swimming obviously!!)but really starting to wonder if i need it.

I really think I'd have been fine to have tummy and boobs done at same time i think surgeon was being over cautious - I wish he had done both together as I'd be sitting her with fab boobs as well ;-)

I think now that you are having your boobs done after the tt it is better in a way because he can do extra little tucks if needed as he is doing your boobs, sounds good to me.

You are doing so well at the gym. I am a little concerned about the time i will need to take off, because i have worked so hard to get fit, but this is more important.
lou go through again what diet you went on after your tt because putting weight on after NIGHTMARE, help....
Do you think nerves may be kicking in a little now????

I am also a little concerned that I am expecting too much, I mean the poor guy can't work miracles can he?

Hi Nic

they say 6 weeks off from the gym but i was fine 4 weeks post op - i think the thing to do is listen to your body - you'll find you can do light exercise quite quickly

Re worrying about what the end result will look like it is scary and i remember the 2 weeks after the op when the dressings were still on not being able to see what had been done and whether it was any good or not but i'm sure you'll be delighted. I guess the thing is not to expect perfect results but i'm sure you will look so much better than before and delighted with the results.

Thanks hun I hope so, and I suppose the wanting to look good after the op will stop any filling of faces.:)

Hi everyone. I have my first post-op appointment today. Will let you all know how it went later on. xx

Hi again everyone. My appointment went really well. My surgeon was really pleased with the results. I asked him about the two swollen bits at either side of my wound that don't seem to be going down. When I stand to the side they have a square appearance. The scar is also assymetrical by about an inch.

Anyway, he put my mind at ease by saying that in a few months when the scar tissue has softened more I can go back in to have it rectified. He said I will only need a local anaesthetic and an incision at either end which will lengthen my scar but will enable him to sculpt the unwanted bits away. He told me not to worry and that he will aim to make it perfect. :)

He also let me know that he had received my GP referal for mastopexy but warned that the PCT are not as lenient as they are with TT funding. He told me that my GP will need to apply directly to the PCT for funding for this. So anyone dealing with Addenbrookes for a TT, this verifies that they can do TTs directly on GP referal without going through the PCT as long as the surgeon can see that you fit the PCT criteria. I thought as much based on my own NHS TT experience with Addenbrookes but wasn't entirely sure until I spoke to my surgeon today. I know a few people here are going through Addenbrookes so this should put your minds at ease.

I told him that if the PCT won't consider me for mastopexy I will be looking into finding a way to fund it myself and that I would like him to do it at one of his private clinics. I explained that even though I was naturally a DD cup before having children, I would rather have normal looking A cup breasts than the big empty sacks of skin I have now. He was very understanding about it. I am hoping I can get a B or C cup without implants. I don't need to have big boobs. I just want nice 30 something boobs that don't make me look like an old lady.

My next appointment is in April and I will be posting my tummy healing pics once a month now as the changes from week to week are probably not that different at the moment.

So on with the Bio-Oil and will show you all again in a couple of weeks. :)

xx

hi poppypoo did you have to go for pct thing and would i have to go thourght them to .could u help .

Sorry Shelly. I thought I had already replied to this. Doh! :)

As I have just written in my latest update, your GP can refer you directly to Addenbrookes for a TT and the PCT automatically fund it.

The procedure should be like this...

1. You visit your GP

Your GP writes to Addenbrookes

Addenbrookes sends your GP a questionnaire which your GP goes through with you and if you fit the PCT criteria your GP sends the questionnaire results back to the Addenbrookes Plastic Surgery Team

Addenbrookes send you a letter asking you to phone to make an appointment to see a member of the Plastics Team

At the appointment they ask you the PCT questionnaire questions again, examine your tummy and take your weight, height and brief medical history

You get a letter asking you to phone to make an appointment for the surgery

It seems that once you are offered a consultation with the plastics team you are pretty much safe to assume that you are going to get the procedure funded. The surgeon just needs to see your tummy and verify that it is in need of repair and that he can improve it for you.

Hope this helps :)
xx

Hi Poppy,
Glad that all went well with your appointment today and that you have been healing up nicely. Bet that has also put your mind at rest that something can be done with the ends of the scar :eek:)
I am an Addenbrookes referral but i have been sent back to my GP to apply for funding which i shall do in a couple of weeks (give him time to send his report over!) so i really do hope that i fit the criteria in someway. I suppose i will have to leave it in the hands of my docs now.
Anyway hope that all goes well with your GP and the PCT with your mastopexy. Keep us posted
xx

Hi Poppy,
Glad that all went well with your appointment today and that you have been healing up nicely. Bet that has also put your mind at rest that something can be done with the ends of the scar :eek:)
I am an Addenbrookes referral but i have been sent back to my GP to apply for funding which i shall do in a couple of weeks (give him time to send his report over!) so i really do hope that i fit the criteria in someway. I suppose i will have to leave it in the hands of my docs now.
Anyway hope that all goes well with your GP and the PCT with your mastopexy. Keep us posted
xx

Thanks hun. Will keep you posted. :)

Did you know that the PCT criteria are on the web? I think you need to have dropped 10 points on your BMI and have maintained BMI 27 or lower for 6 months. Will have a look for the link for you hun.
xx

Hi Poppy,
xx

Here's the link to the PCT criteria: http://www.cambsphn.nhs.uk/document...gery Policy.pdf?preventCache=01/10/2008+08:38

Back