• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS Tummy Tuck Diary (Pics Included)

Thanks hun. Will keep you posted. :)

Did you know that the PCT criteria are on the web? I think you need to have dropped 10 points on your BMI and have maintained BMI 27 or lower for 6 months. Will have a look for the link for you hun.
xx
Thanks hun, i have managed to find many other PCT criterias apart from my own haha so if you could look for the link that would be fab. If it is as you say then to be honest i do fit it as my BMI is 25. something and always has been (apart from when pregnant) so the dropping points wouldnt really come into it and i maintain it too. Im carrying probs about an extra half stone that im unhappy with which im hoping exercise and cutting out the rubbish should sort out. My full story is on my thread 'TT Hope' or i may have even put it on Shelly's thread so have a little read of my case.
Speak soon hun xx

Ah thanks so much for that, you are a star!!!! Well to be honest then i fit the criteria as i said my BMI is under it and generally is. My main problem is for the stomach muscles to be fixed as they dome out so i still look like i am about 4 months pregnant above my belly button and then i have the loose flabby skin hanging down underneath. I may ask the GP if i can see the report before she sends it off as i didnt have much faith when it wasnt mentioned in my referral to the PS and they based it on purely cosmetic which i knew would not be agreed from the off. Heres keeping everything crossed anyway and will keep you updated at every stage
Thanks so much again hun xx

hi there thank's for the onfo. thing is i went to the gp then the sent a letter then i got a letter from ps team saying make appointment and then got appointment and then went then got told the the only reason's pct would say no is that i have had baby's and that i am a smoker well .
i have now stoped smoking as from sunday doing well not had one (good girl for me ) and they are the only reason my bmi is really good as it has been for the last 8 month's so i am really hopeing the are going to say yes to me . so everything crossed . so hope all go's well for everyone.

Hi Poppy

You're over 6 weeks since the op now aren't you? Have you been able to ditch the compression garment?

Yesterday was end of week 5 for me and I have to say for the last week or so haven't been religious about it - I wear it when at home or when wearing bulky clothes but don't wear it all the time.

Great news on your breast op moving forward

Ah thanks so much for that, you are a star!!!! Well to be honest then i fit the criteria as i said my BMI is under it and generally is. My main problem is for the stomach muscles to be fixed as they dome out so i still look like i am about 4 months pregnant above my belly button and then i have the loose flabby skin hanging down underneath. I may ask the GP if i can see the report before she sends it off as i didnt have much faith when it wasnt mentioned in my referral to the PS and they based it on purely cosmetic which i knew would not be agreed from the off. Heres keeping everything crossed anyway and will keep you updated at every stage
Thanks so much again hun xx

Good luck hun. I have always been a healthy BMI myself but gained nearly 6 stone with my first pregnancy and lost most of it within a year which put me well within the criteria in terms of the BMI bit. Just make sure you make it clear how much weight you gained and lost through pregnancy. Anyway, get posting and you can have a look at my pics when you've hit the magic number 50! :)
x

hi there thank's for the onfo. thing is i went to the gp then the sent a letter then i got a letter from ps team saying make appointment and then got appointment and then went then got told the the only reason's pct would say no is that i have had baby's and that i am a smoker well .
i have now stoped smoking as from sunday doing well not had one (good girl for me ) and they are the only reason my bmi is really good as it has been for the last 8 month's so i am really hopeing the are going to say yes to me . so everything crossed . so hope all go's well for everyone.

Shelly, that seems strange as they would normally be more concerned if you hadn't had any children yet and were considering having babies in the future which would stretch the skin again and make the op a waste of time and money. One of the questions I was asked was 'have you completed your family yet?'

Well done on quitting the cigs hun. Being a smoker has huge implications with an op like this so make sure you keep it up and also after the op while you are healing. Are you planning on quitting for good? Good luck anyway hun. Keep us posted.
x

Hi Poppy

You're over 6 weeks since the op now aren't you? Have you been able to ditch the compression garment?

Yesterday was end of week 5 for me and I have to say for the last week or so haven't been religious about it - I wear it when at home or when wearing bulky clothes but don't wear it all the time.

Great news on your breast op moving forward

Hiya chick!

I'm about 7 weeks post-op now I think. I ditched my corset thing around Christmas. I listened to my body really. I remeber for the first couple of weeks it didn't feel right if I tried to go without it but there came a point where I felt fine.

My surgeon hadn't told me to wear it for that long anyway. I was just advised to wear good control pants. I'm still using them by the way. Didn't use them one day and it felt weird.

I forgot to ask my PS when I can start tummy exercises actually. I'm really paranoid about losing the flatness. Have you started crunching yet?
x

Poppypoo congrats on your great results. I am going to post alot of nonsense so that I can reach the magic 50 posts, I am dying to take a look.

So anyway. I am due to have my full tuck 24/01/09, and I can't wait.

As I was saying, arn't you supposed to wait for at least 8 weeks until you start tummy exercises, but I suppose if you feel great then just take it easy, if you feel a twinge then stop, listen to your body and you won't go wrong.

Poppypoo how did you stop putting on any weight after your op, as I don't think I will be that mobile for a week or 2, or I may be wrong. Thanx

Hi Nikki! Yes get posting so you can have a look. Maybe you could try some of the word game threads to quickly boost your post total.

I'm just about coming up to 8 weeks I think but for the past couple of weeks have been doing some vigorous hula hooping on the wii fit and have been ok so I guess I'll be fine. Like you say, just listen to your body and everyone heals differently so I suppose the 8 wk thing is probably a very general guideline.

Good luck with your tuck hun. Only 10 days to go! The excitement is immense isn't it?
x

Poppypoo how did you stop putting on any weight after your op, as I don't think I will be that mobile for a week or 2, or I may be wrong. Thanx

Hi again Nikki. I gained a couple of pounds from being immobile but it seemed to drop off as soon as I was up and walking about again. Just try and eat as sensibly as possible but try not to go into calorie deficit during recovery because your body's needs should be met adequately so that you heal well.
x

Shelly, that seems strange as they would normally be more concerned if you hadn't had any children yet and were considering having babies in the future which would stretch the skin again and make the op a waste of time and money. One of the questions I was asked was 'have you completed your family yet?'

Well done on quitting the cigs hun. Being a smoker has huge implications with an op like this so make sure you keep it up and also after the op while you are healing. Are you planning on quitting for good? Good luck anyway hun. Keep us posted.
x
well i am now given smokeing for good and they asked if i was thinking of haveing child number 5 or weather i have finshed haveing kid's witch i have as 4 isit for me . thank's for the info i really help's .so everthing i have found out is looking good for me .as i think i may get my tt oh well i won't get my hope's up but i hope to here soon as off on holiday/honeymoon at the start of june and don't really want to look like i have been beaten up pluse if it is to close to my holiday the won't let me fly . oh well will know soon i hope . and i will keep everyone posted.

Hiya chick!

I'm about 7 weeks post-op now I think. I ditched my corset thing around Christmas. I listened to my body really. I remeber for the first couple of weeks it didn't feel right if I tried to go without it but there came a point where I felt fine.

My surgeon hadn't told me to wear it for that long anyway. I was just advised to wear good control pants. I'm still using them by the way. Didn't use them one day and it felt weird.

I forgot to ask my PS when I can start tummy exercises actually. I'm really paranoid about losing the flatness. Have you started crunching yet?
x

My surgeon said wear the compression garment for 6 weeks but really don't feel like I need it anymore - I feel a little strange without it on but think that's just coz I'm not used to something not pressing on my tummy!!!

I went to an exercise class last wednes - part of which was ab exercises and was fine - no side effects at all.

When I press my tummy it still feels a bit solid as if swollen but doesnt hurt at all - my nxt follow up appt is 28th

Good luck hun. I have always been a healthy BMI myself but gained nearly 6 stone with my first pregnancy and lost most of it within a year which put me well within the criteria in terms of the BMI bit. Just make sure you make it clear how much weight you gained and lost through pregnancy. Anyway, get posting and you can have a look at my pics when you've hit the magic number 50! :)
x
Well i put on 4 stone in my first pregnancy so will make sure that i get it all down on my docs report. I have booked my appointment to see my GP for the week after next so will update on me then :eek:) Im off to play some word games or something soon as i so want to reach the 50 posts and look at your piccies xxxx

I had a tummy tuck 11 months ago and ive never looked back, i feel great without the overhang i had after loosing 8 1/2 stone one of the best things i ever did and even when i got to the hospital i didnt know if i could go through with it. thank god i did

hey lisaloo - i'm 5 weeks post op and think the same - i'm sure i'll be even more delighted at 11 months when the scar has died down even more.

How does your scar look?

well done. the scar looks great i did use bio oil on it and i do think that made a difference my belly button looks great, im still numb in places but it doesnt bother me at all did you have a keel repair too?

Back