• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2014 Surgeries

SHARONA

milk diet? ow crap I cudnt do it. I hate milk, well most dairy realy. I need a massive kick up the bum. havnt even tried to loose weight yet. was guna wait untill seing consaltant wednesday. but looking at how well ur all doing before surgery I feel like a right failure. just havnt got any motivation yet. x
JIB believe you and me! I was like that. I needed many people to tell me firmly but politely that I need to get a grip! One person said to me how am i going to cope afterwards if i don't learn to change as they teach you in the weight management tier 3 program. Thats why they want you to do the program to get your head in the right mind set. I thought i was a failure but we have to realize we have to get up think positive and move on or the surgery wont work for us. Remember its only a tool. Please please don't think your a failure your not we are all here because we too struggled with the demons of over eating. Like alcoholics and drug addicts we too have our addict its just that it is food. Can i suggest you get a small note book or use a diary app to input your intake each day. Write everything down even drinks and at the end write how you felt mood wise at times you over ate. Next day look at your prob times etc and try to do different. A good tool i used was i got a nice container. Then on a piece of paper i made 16 square boxes in each i wrote things i like to do such as "do a crossword""read a book" "walk locally", "makeover", "painted nail" etc etc . I folded the up and threw them into the box. Every time i felt hungry or down and would eat. I picked a piece of paper out of the container which i kept in the kitchen and followed that task. . You can do this and we are here to help. Come on smile YES I CAN say it YES I can. Hugs xx

jlb5686

sharona thanku for such a lovely post. I will download a notebook app now and defo give it ago. I realy want this to work so bad. my uncles a recovering alcoholic and my mum used that comaprason aswell. I guess its true. food realy is an addiction. I will try from tomo. new week,new start and if the doc sees im trying it will be good I guess. ur soing so well. well done x

Su2ie

Sharona I really like the idea of doing the tasks, I definitely need a distraction for comfort eating and non-hunger food cravings as I'm sure that won't go away after surgery. You seem to really have it figured out and a great positive attitude so I'm sure you'll have great success x

dawn08

Yes I would like to add to that too , love the idea of the tasks and I'm going to use that from tomorrow when I begin the LSD. I'm sure there will be times I can't think of anything else but the boredom and the restriction over the next 3 weeks and in the future. X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

SHARONA

sharona thanku for such a lovely post. I will download a notebook app now and defo give it ago. I realy want this to work so bad. my uncles a recovering alcoholic and my mum used that comaprason aswell. I guess its true. food realy is an addiction. I will try from tomo. new week,new start and if the doc sees im trying it will be good I guess. ur soing so well. well done x
thats the spirit!! Yes please do take a day at a time may be every other day and see how that goes. It really gets your head in the right mind set. Let me know how you get on? Xx

SHARONA

Sharona I really like the idea of doing the tasks, I definitely need a distraction for comfort eating and non-hunger food cravings as I'm sure that won't go away after surgery. You seem to really have it figured out and a great positive attitude so I'm sure you'll have great success x
hi Susie I'm trying I'm far from perfect but I'm having to keep telly self if i don't i wont have the op and it would have all been a waste of 2.5 yrs wait. Its a great distraction tool. Come on you can do it hun surgery date for you nearly here mot long. Hope to hear from you soon x

SHARONA

Yes I would like to add to that too , love the idea of the tasks and I'm going to use that from tomorrow when I begin the LSD. I'm sure there will be times I can't think of anything else but the boredom and the restriction over the next 3 weeks and in the future. X Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery
great Dawn it will be a great help! I hope the LSD goes well. You can do this come on... Xx

jlb5686

ive take all ur advice and have kept a food diary for today. not been perfect with my food but at least I know what ive eaten. its shown me how little I drink. prob 1l a day and thats on a good day x

Su2ie

hi Susie I'm trying I'm far from perfect but I'm having to keep telly self if i don't i wont have the op and it would have all been a waste of 2.5 yrs wait. Its a great distraction tool. Come on you can do it hun surgery date for you nearly here mot long. Hope to hear from you soon x

Hey none of us are perfect, if we'd all totally cracked it we wouldn't be here! You have a great attitude towards it though and it sure helps along the way to achieve success and is also a great motivation for others so thank you and lots of luck with everything, I'm sure you'll do amazingly :)

mrsg74

Hi all I'm a big comfort eater and out of everything involved in this extreme decision of WLS the real life thought of how I will cope once my coping mechanism has gone is my very biggest fear! I am all for any ideas for distraction and coping techniques. I have booked my bypass surgery today for the 7/11! Gulp!

mizkirsty

I'm failing. I've been trying to slim fast in the week running up to my consultation in the hope of loosing a few lbs. and I've done the opposite. I've gained!! My consult is next week on the 21!!

And now I'm terrified I'll fail the preop diet and not get surgery :( x

SHARONA

ive take all ur advice and have kept a food diary for today. not been perfect with my food but at least I know what ive eaten. its shown me how little I drink. prob 1l a day and thats on a good day x
Jib thats FANTASTIC!! Well done you. It really does help you . Keep it up ! xx

jlb5686

thanx. diwt isnt great but at least I can see it writed down what ive eaten. well all get there. got my firat consaltation tomorrow. was realy excited but now getting more nervous. party coz I gota drive to cardiff, partly coz im scared ill let everyone down and also coz its my parents who r guna be paying and I feel so awful taking so much money from them even though they have offered I still feel awful x

SHARONA

I'm failing. I've been trying to slim fast in the week running up to my consultation in the hope of loosing a few lbs. and I've done the opposite. I've gained!! My consult is next week on the 21!!

And now I'm terrified I'll fail the preop diet and not get surgery :( x
I feel the same hun but we are all here to help and support you. When you see the consultant he will give you a target to follow try your best..as like I was told we will not get the surgery that we so long for. So let us be strong now. x

Su2ie

Hi su2ie have you got a proper date now??? x
Yes!!! Got 31st October :) Got a letter confirming the date but as yet no lsd info of pre-op appointment so feeling a little unsure. I'm gonna ring tomorrow to try get more info x

SHARONA

Yes!!! Got 31st October :) Got a letter confirming the date but as yet no lsd info of pre-op appointment so feeling a little unsure. I'm gonna ring tomorrow to try get more info x
Please do as its very soon and you may have to do some LSD diet although by reading through a lot of threads some dont have to .Im sure why this is the case as I thought its for safety reasons .all the best when you call . xx