• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2014 Surgeries

Just checking in saying hello and not long now ladies xx

im unsure. consaltant said one to 2 weeks but then the lady said u must do it for 2 weeks. im convinced thats guna be the hardest part for me coz the diet is so restrictive. but I guess its gota be done. I start a week monday. I may have a couple of practice days nxt week. x

I just got my info and I have to do 10 days starting on Monday! I think everywhere is different though.

It certainly is restrictive and I'm dreading it but all in a good cause :)

im unsure. consaltant said one to 2 weeks but then the lady said u must do it for 2 weeks. im convinced thats guna be the hardest part for me coz the diet is so restrictive. but I guess its gota be done. I start a week monday. I may have a couple of practice days nxt week. x
jib thats what I did practise days helps put you in the zone and right mind set. Yes its very restrictive but it has to be I suppose . Have you been given a % loss to lose?. X

I just got my info and I have to do 10 days starting on Monday! I think everywhere is different though. It certainly is restrictive and I'm dreading it but all in a good cause :)
yes everywhere has a different criteria why I don't know because bariatric surgery is what it us. Best wishes Susie with you pre o diet. . May you could have a trial day over weekend????? ;) x

no they didnt mention loosing and weight before hand. but I guess I will with this diet anyway.so nervous x

hay guys. im looking for tips from anyone who had done or is doing pre op diet on just how to get through the day. im so nervous that im guna be so grumpy etc thanx guys x

Hows everyone doing?? Are we getting nervous yet early November pps?? X

Hi Sharona, My head is all over the place! I'm eating myself stupid cause feel like I won't ever be able to have certain things again. Although it's a conscious thing to have these 'food funerals' I like it at the time, then it messes with my head afterwards cause I think that's just more I'll have to loose and I feel overwhelmed . I am booked in for my bypass on the 7/11 and I've been up and down with my decision and wondering if it's the right thing. However a couple of everyday things that have happened recently tell me I'm doing the right thing by undergoing this extreme process.
1) I went to the park today and was grateful that my little boy fell asleep in his buggy before we got there cause I didn't have the energy to run round after him. My back and knees were killing me after walking for only about 15mins
2) Had to have an emergency trip to the dentist yesterday and as I sat in the waiting room a thought suddenly occurred to me... There was a very real possibility that I wouldn't fit in the dentist chair. Despair didn't even come close!
3) We went on a family holiday recently and I really struggled to fit in the plane seat plus I had to have an extender belt for the first time ever !
Whilst out for a meal on above holiday went to sit at a cafe table and then the sickening realisation my legs and backside were too wide for the chairs!
I could go on ... Think I've talked my self back into the fact I'm doing the right thing!
I'm booked now so tell myself time for cold feet has gone!
Bypass 7/11 Mcr area! Anyone else local to me??

mrsg. I can relate to alot of that. its just makes me realise it will all be worth it in the end. and im eating loads atm coz I know I wount be able to for much longer. start my 2week diet a week monday so just enjoying what I can now. its my youngests 1st birthday today so ive well and truely done it with the party food.lol.x

Hello can I join in? I was originally due to have my revision surgery – band to sleeve - on 3 September. My dad died suddenly In August and then I broke my foot the day after his funeral so the operation had to be cancelled.

I was in a plaster cast for just over six weeks, but it finally came off on 14th October. I rang the hospital on 15th October to tell them – I thought I would not get a date until the New Year. They rang back on 17th October and told me I would be done on 26th November and to restart the LSD. The surgeon wants me on the LSD for as long as possible.

I have a range of emotions about the upcoming op. I started the LSD originally at the end of July and have lost a fair amount despite being immobile for a lot of the time. With the grief I have been feeling over losing my dad, I haven’t really been thinking about food in the same way and it has helped to keep me focused and hope it will until the op.

I am seeing the surgeon next week as I need to ask a lot of questions. The surgeon’s secretary has been fantastic in terms of support and slotted me in at short notice. I have been looking at the posts of people who have had revision procedures and I am very worried.

I really do want this to be the last WLS I have – I really do not think physically or emotionally at my age I can go through any more, so I want it to be right.

TBx

hi tranquil butterfly. firstly sorry for ur loss.sounds like uv had a horendus time.
im glad theyve fitted u in so soon. im just wondering (sorry u dont have to answer) but whats ledbu to go from band to sleve? I only ask as im due to have a band in 3 weeks and realy wana here the negatives awel as positives. good luck with ur wld x

Back