• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

Hey Iwannabeslimagain good luck for tomorrow and wishing a speedy few days. Each day for me is getting easier too and only 5 days post op. It is hard to explain but you know this is a start of a new chance of a better life all around. You will be in my thoughts tomorrow lots of hugs xx and sip sip sip

How are you feeling?? How have the few few days been? How much energy do you have?

Just spoke to the sister on the ward, I can go at 11.30, much better than a 5.30 get up :) Not that I think ill get much sleep!!

That's good. Are you nil by mouth from the morning or night before? Fingers crossed you get some sleep tonight though I'm sure you'll sleep tomorrow. I'm at the Alex tomorrow at 1.45 for my pre op. Hopefully you're gowned up and nearly on your way by then.

@MrsN Mr Senapati's surgeries are starting at 1.30 but I dont know where I am on the list yet, I can have something light at 7am, then water til 11, they should be able to tell me where I am on the list when I get there x

Hello fellow November sleevers. Just a quick update. Arrived in Brussels this afternoon ready for surgery tomorrow eeeek!! Will be glad this time next week!! Wantb3 sounds like youre over the worst; take it easy and continue to recover well.
Glad you arrived safely. Best of luck tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing from you when you're able to post an update.

It doesnt take much to get me emotional today but in an exciting way the 'making room on the bench' comment made it seem so real, thankyou x
Yes Jakki and this time for good no more yoyoing! new start and stick to the rules is my way forward.

Hello fellow November sleevers. Just a quick update. Arrived in Brussels this afternoon ready for surgery tomorrow eeeek!! Will be glad this time next week!! Wantb3 sounds like youre over the worst; take it easy and continue to recover well.
Iwwannabeslimagain you will find you have no choice but to take it easy. Your body will tell you, every day gets a little easier it takes patience we can rest and recover together after:)

How are you feeling?? How have the few few days been? How much energy do you have?
Well I can walk a little then need to sit then walk again. Only for a minute or so. But I do feel better walking so up and down a lot. Not lightheaded stage yet just energy low and gravity pulling stomach. I had deep stitches in muscle extra to sleeve as it tore I think. So this pulls the stomach more. But each day can walk a bit more and pain easier. It's worse in night and must remember to have carpol by bed tonight! You said someone was helping you back to uk? Yes don't lif5 anything except bottle water light handbag. Will you rest for a few days before returning?

Well I can walk a little then need to sit then walk again. Only for a minute or so. But I do feel better walking so up and down a lot. Not lightheaded stage yet just energy low and gravity pulling stomach. I had deep stitches in muscle extra to sleeve as it tore I think. So this pulls the stomach more. But each day can walk a bit more and pain easier. It's worse in night and must remember to have carpol by bed tonight! You said someone was helping you back to uk? Yes don't lif5 anything except bottle water light handbag. Will you rest for a few days before returning?

My surgery is in the UK on Friday. I've two children (4&6) so trying to think about what I'll be like and how to prep then really.

Oh dreaded gravity! With my bypass, gravity was NOT my friend! Everytime I moved, everything seemed to sink about a foot! Every time I rolled over, same! It gets better with time. I didn't have deep sitches in the muscles so it could be that hating gravity is normal lol!

MrsN; my friend made a load of soups for me, with extra lentils etc for added protein. She made things like pea and ham; tomato and something else - can't remember what. They were frozen into ice cube trays, there is no way I could have done this post op. 3 ice cubs was about all I could manage at first. I also froze NAS orange juice; these are great to suck on.

Oh dreaded gravity! With my bypass, gravity was NOT my friend! Everytime I moved, everything seemed to sink about a foot! Every time I rolled over, same! It gets better with time. I didn't have deep sitches in the muscles so it could be that hating gravity is normal lol!

MrsN; my friend made a load of soups for me, with extra lentils etc for added protein. She made things like pea and ham; tomato and something else - can't remember what. They were frozen into ice cube trays, there is no way I could have done this post op. 3 ice cubs was about all I could manage at first. I also froze NAS orange juice; these are great to suck on.
Thanks puddly cats for sharing your experience. The sinking I had for a few days but early hours I had the razor pain in the staple area inside and have had it today. But I have today done some light work opening and emeptying food stuff like biscuits, pasta etc and putting for food recycling as won't use these foods again. I am a bit worried as thought this pain in 24hrs after was now passed and worried staples coming undone?

My surgery is in the UK on Friday. I've two children (4&6) so trying to think about what I'll be like and how to prep then really.
I spent the whole 3 weeks food shopping lol! I had to get 6 weeks worth in for my boy and mum. She can't go shopping and old and my boy has autism so can't go out on own to cross a road never mind to shop. Made sure I had extra toiletries for 6 weeks and don't be suprised if you get a monthly very heavy, Lucky I got extra of them. Having lots of calpol here has helped too. On third bottle as it goes quick. Mrs N do you have help at home as I found carrying my son's meal from kitchen to dining room but is has adult size meals and pasta bowl heavy too it actually hurt a lot. I can do a few minutes then need to sit for a few minutes and it's like that for me at the moment. I bought a hand grabber from Home Bargins for £1 that has been a life safer as can't bend to pick anything up.

Im second on the afternoon list so a couple of hours yet unfortunately, ive been having real thoughts of bolting for the door :(

Im second on the afternoon list so a couple of hours yet unfortunately, ive been having real thoughts of bolting for the door :(
JacciD I had the same thoughts of running out as my surgery was 12 pm and the longer I waited the harder it got and wished I had gone first. Try and talk to others around you to distract you and keep posting all these thoughts are normal... Well I had same ones too thinking I lost 2 stone in 3 weeks on LRD I can do it alone. But I stopped these thoughts and reflected and realized I failed so many times to either stay on a diet or just put it all back on and more each time. You will know when you wake up later it was 100% the right choice to give you a better future with your babies. Xxhugs

Hang in there. I know I'll feel the same on Friday. I'm afternoon too and 3rd on list. Boo. Might mean an extra night in as in reality you've less recovery time. Hopefully you are in recovery by now and your op has gone well.

I spent the whole 3 weeks food shopping lol! I had to get 6 weeks worth in for my boy and mum. She can't go shopping and old and my boy has autism so can't go out on own to cross a road never mind to shop. Made sure I had extra toiletries for 6 weeks and don't be suprised if you get a monthly very heavy, Lucky I got extra of them. Having lots of calpol here has helped too. On third bottle as it goes quick. Mrs N do you have help at home as I found carrying my son's meal from kitchen to dining room but is has adult size meals and pasta bowl heavy too it actually hurt a lot. I can do a few minutes then need to sit for a few minutes and it's like that for me at the moment. I bought a hand grabber from Home Bargins for £1 that has been a life safer as can't bend to pick anything up.

Hi yes I've my hubby at home plus family will help if needed. I guess we just have to listen to our bodies and go with it. Are you tired?

Back